April 18, 2024, 06:34:26 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: TK-Seki's Studio  (Read 142578 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
Re: K-Seki's Den
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
your work is excellent. no explicit flaws or anything in particular. your art is good enough to be featured in a magazine.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »
Damn... Just... Damn... :ohmy:

*Continuously applauds for an hour straight*
Messatsu...

Offline Emocookie41

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
It's so nice to see someone else who can draw dragons well <3 -huge fan of dragons-

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »
@k-seki: I actually believe you may get there one day, at least with your art (haven't read your stories yet)

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 10:00:05 AM »

Maaa~ I'm a page behind, and I haven't inked the 14th NaNo page! Must insert a quick page for 15 tomorrow then! Looks like Nao and Aragaki aren't about to have a moment to relax! Trouble follows them everywhere! Must be so hard being a human. Walking data feasts for viruses.

**I wish my pc were already fixed, so I can render and tone properly!**

-Sfx- *mental crackle*
Nao: -Thoughts- Danger!
=Code Activate: "Kekkai" (Shield) Level 5=

Panel 2:
-sfx- do do do do *spikes falling*
Nao: Come on, load faster!

Panel 3:

=Kekkai fully loaded.=
Nao: Barrier code execute! On!
-sfx- Pa- Pa- Pa-! *spikes disintegrating*

Panel 4:
Nao: Aragaki!
Aragaki: I'm on it.
=Charging Binary Surge.. 100%=

#####

@everyone: Wah, arigatou! I'm doing my best! I hope to keep improving as I go along!

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline David2302

• ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 10:25:04 AM »
Cool drawings, keep it up XD

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 12:51:39 PM »
what kind of creature is that? (if you don't mind me asking) It looks for freaking cool!
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)

Offline Demonfyre

• The beginner, the martyr, the loser, the victor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »
I find my biggest issue with these drawings is nothing to do with the drawings themselves, but the panelling. They don't seem to have "flow" to them - if that makes any sense. It kinda seems like the dragon is attacking but also isn't, and kinda just is confusing to read. This probably isn't aided by the lack of speech bubbles, but I assume those are a WIP. I just think you are making your audience's job difficult when they are reading this. I would suggest working on visual story telling first; make sure you can convey a story without having to rely on words or sounds.

Second issue: line weight. Since you aren't shading you really need to use the lineweight to your advantage, otherwise you cannot convey depth to your audience. You have nice outlines I notice, but I feel you could work a bit more on this area to really make it stand out.

Lastly, anatomy. My gripe is that it is quite simple, and there are some mistakes particularly around the arm area. I would make some studies on how the elbow joint works, for you have drawn them as if the bottom of the arm is facing towards us; despite that not making much sense given the pose. As for the simplicity, this can be effective in some scenarios. But I find that the detail you put into your monster/dragons and faces is not equally balanced out. Pretty cool though, keep at it

EDIT: Actually one more point; dynamics. These images seem to lack it, which is crippling when you are drawing action sequences. Best example being this here:

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/529499_10202354042482050_1845189686_n.jpg
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:17:14 PM by Demonfyre »

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
In addition to what Demonfyre said, your characters look very stiff. In particular, the pannel in the middle of the last page, where he has his arm up, he looks like he's just standing there while blocking (I assume he's blocking) the dragon's thingies.
(But I'm mostly just speaking out of jealousy so don't mind me)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
i dont really see strong issues with anatomy, but i suppose the subtlest things that need to be fixed are the most important. anyways....but i think the issues are the perspectives. I do find them just slightly stiff. but only slightly. when theres fast-paced action and the character is reacting to it, he needs to move just as fast if he wants to block such attacks. So when he raises his hand, it looks like he had it up there for a good while considering how "casual" it doesn't look like he quickly reacted and is holding a pose. so his arms, would look more stiff. basically, he doesn't look "alert".

on an incredibly minor note: i do find your dragon incredibly simple. very simple shaped. almost like blue eyes white dragon from yu gi oh but even simpler. so maybe give some specific dimension to it just to show that you can.

i also agree on paneling. some over lap another in an inconsistent way. try to avoid that. put some equal distance between them.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:50:36 PM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Demonfyre

• The beginner, the martyr, the loser, the victor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »
You are right, it is the subtleties generally. For example - just in case I explained poorly - compare between the upper panel of the recent drawing and this outstretched arm:

Spoiler

Notice how the drawn arm is very linear and straight, but in the real life entity you can see indications of musculature etc. This is the kinda thing which the comic lacks, especially in something with fighting  :o but that is what I would expect, your call :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:10:13 PM by Demonfyre »

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 11:40:54 PM »
Finallyyyyyyyy!! Critiques! orz I've been waiting forever! -laughs-

Paneling has always been awkward around me, so the reason why I'm out getting manga was to get some references of how artists tend to panel works. I do agree that I need to improve on it, and it sometimes limits how my characters' actions tend to go. =_Q my recent page ended up looking dead. -wince- perhaps I should have kept up with the motion lines.

Yes, the page at the bottom of it all, is far from a complete piece of work, since I havent come round to cleaning and adding the tones for its depth and effects. These pages are going to be revised once I formalize the manga after the NaNo challenge. I haven't paid much attention to the details since everything had to be rushed in a day. orz my apologies. I'll take your critiques into account, you guys. thank you!

personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Akera

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »
nothing i can say hasnt been said before. so i'll just sum it up:
very stiff bodies, they look very flat and 2D. also the hands are rediculously small. a hand is supposed to be able to cover a face, or most of it. yours look like they can fit in the dudes mouth. this is mostly apparent in the first pannel of the latest one u posted...

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »
**Images have been removed while cleaning my galleries, guys.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:39:37 AM by K-Seki »

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 09:22:20 AM »
 :ohmy: that looks like a legit manga
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)