March 28, 2024, 04:39:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: TK-Seki's Studio  (Read 141218 times)

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
Re: K-Seki's Den
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
Only one story at the moment for NaNo, and I've got the pages going one per day, but it's a hurried challenge (so even the inked and pencil shaded pages look half-assed) so I'll be revising stuff at the end of the month. -laughs- Then it's full blown manga.

nice, page a day huh, you gonna post anything about your story on here, or is it all hush hush? the Nano one i mean

Yep. I can't lag behind, because once you break your pace it's going to bite you back. -laughs- It's not hush-hush. I have it on my Livejournal. I can post them here, if you'd like. I don't think it qualifies in the manga gallery since the pages aren't fully rendered. XDDD

Great colouring! Whoa, and you're doing nano huh? Welcome to the crew.

Yay! Thanks! Yes, NaNo. It's my first, but I think the June one's more challenging. It's pretty much freestyle through November.

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »
nah, it will be fine to post them in here, plenty of progress work in this forum as well art wise, there are places on the forum where you can get opinions on the story as well, but seems like you dont need that, still the options there. oh and yes would like to see to see them  :thumbsup:

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »

Post modified, since I've been relocating stuff. ^____^;
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:35:48 AM by K-Seki »

personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »
The bottom of the right boot looks a little out to me, on the cover i mean, so your into the bishounen style huh? nice stuff. what does the title mean?

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
I noticed. XD Even if it was penciled, I was hella lazy to correct it. Bishounen style? Didn't cross my mind, but I do read a good mix of shounen and shoujo manga. I hope it'll look better with revision.

As for the title, I got it off looking for terms that would go with the techy plot.. "able to automatically synchronize (with each other/anything)". ^^
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:02:57 AM by K-Seki »

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »
What I'm doing at the moment for NaNo. Ye~p. It took me a while to get the pencils clearly lined so I can ink properly. Because it's a page per day challenge, I couldn't take my time to carefully do the pages well. I will be revising everything after NaNo. Less-sucky art and inking. This one, though, would be one of the well-off pages.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:36:21 AM by K-Seki »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:58 PM »
Great looking work. Question... do you just sketch directly or use figures or references? >...> I have no idea which method is the fastest these days.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
Awesome...just awesome work.
Nice to have you here K-seki!

Do you have a favourite drawing tool? Or you're most comfortable with pencil any day?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline David2302

• ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
your drawings are great and that some nice things you got there, all I got its a simple pen and one pilot pen ;D
keep on drawing and welcome to MR!

by the way is that a blueron tablet I see there??  :D

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »
that dragon reminds me of the one in "how to train your dragon" toothless or something, the night stalker or something i forget. yer and to me your style gives of the bishounen vibe, very clean lines youthful good looks type, maybe its just me.

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »
Great looking work. Question... do you just sketch directly or use figures or references? >...> I have no idea which method is the fastest these days.

Thanks! ^^ I use references only for paneling. The rest, not much-- directly done sounds right. -laughs-

Awesome...just awesome work.
Nice to have you here K-seki!

Do you have a favourite drawing tool? Or you're most comfortable with pencil any day?

Always a good pencil/pencils. Sometimes I'm afraid to ink a drawing if it already looked good in pencil! D: I end up just directly scanning, cleaning and rendering it as is.

your drawings are great and that some nice things you got there, all I got its a simple pen and one pilot pen ;D
keep on drawing and welcome to MR!

by the way is that a blueron tablet I see there??  :D

The one peeping out? XD Thanks! It's great to be here! Nice to meet you, David!

that dragon reminds me of the one in "how to train your dragon" toothless or something, the night stalker or something i forget. yer and to me your style gives of the bishounen vibe, very clean lines youthful good looks type, maybe its just me.

Now that you mention it-- he does look like Toothie except he's definitely got teeth, feathered wings. XD orz sometimes i find the lines too clean.

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:55 AM »

A snapshot of the page I was doing. I didn't add tones, so I made do with the pencil shading. Sorry. The corner's a bit blurred out and a little bit of the page has been cut off on the right when I took the shot.

**Image removed while moving stuff around my gallery.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:37:28 AM by K-Seki »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:52 AM »
Sweeet. You're production speed is pretty amazing.  And the result too o.o

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
Wow k-seki! You are really talented :santa:

If I may ask, what are your goals for making manga?

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:23 AM »
Sweeet. You're production speed is pretty amazing.  And the result too o.o

I'd hate to lag behind schedule. XD So I had to be strict about getting stuff done by -insert time limit- orz

Wow k-seki! You are really talented :santa:

If I may ask, what are your goals for making manga?

To be honest, I've never contemplated that deeply. Monetary gain is the least of my concerns for it (if there's a commission, then that's fine too), reputation, perhaps-- but because it's necessary if the manga was to have readers.

Pardon me if it sounds childish- I do dream of catching up to the many mangaka I admire. The deepest reason for drawing manga is because I would like to see people enjoy my works, too. :)

-----
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:38:13 AM by K-Seki »