September 28, 2021, 05:57:43 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: TK-Seki's Studio  (Read 90287 times)

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
Re: K-Seki's Den
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 05:23:50 PM »
Still have some way to go! -laughs- it's been a while, though. ^_^ demou, hontou ni arigatou gozaima*censored*a.

This one's my current preoccupation. NaNo is biting me back hard. >_<
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:40:31 AM by K-Seki »

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
S-suge! Hontou ni suge! Though I like the chocolate pocky XD.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »
I'm taking the critiques into account so I hope these NaNo pages look easier to the eyes. (They won't make it to paper print, but it's good practice.)

-winks- The chocolate is my favorite. I'm saving it for last.

personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Demonfyre

• The beginner, the martyr, the loser, the victor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
You keep making that arm mistake when it is bent and the posterior side is facing us. Here are some references:

Spoiler

I would seriously consider doing some joint studies, since that seems to be where most of the issues radiate from. It is hard to describe exactly what the problem with the arms is, think it may have something to do with a lack of muscle indication, but i'm still trying to work out what is truly bugging me. Also I like the detailed eye shot... but the eyes appear to be different lengths and widths, get a ruler and make sure they are roughly symmetrical in dimensions - or else they will look odd. I also think you should do some studies of clothing - particularly scarfs in the wind, since they look a bit stiff at times and don't really react as I would expect.

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »
Note taken, Demon. Thanks! I did have references for the arms, and yes-- I'll work on adding movement effectively more. ^_^ (I might have made the scarf a bit large) Ettou-- the virus' proportions, I've been trying to distort them. At the least, that character wasn't meant to look like a normal person. -laughs- any tips for it?

Offline Demonfyre

• The beginner, the martyr, the loser, the victor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
Very welcome :) If you want to make something truly inhuman, the best tip I can offer is using a lack of symmetry to your advantage. Our minds are conditioned to recognize symmetry and human shapes, so if you play about with that you can "trick" your audience in a way. It really depends on what type of lack of normality you are going for. Is he a monster/alien/experiment etc? If you play about with the things involved with human recognition (i.e. the face, the way they stand, hair deposits and such) then you can distort our perception.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »
Awesome work K-Seki... I guess you're up to 21 pages now?

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

Welp, NaNo's over and I was one page shy of it! orzzzzzz I hope I'll be able to make it next time! Now that that's over, I've started to put my other projects and collabs to action. Character designs and sheets first! Since the pressure's off, I can take my time and prepare the pages better. Evaluating my own works-- well I really need to add a bit of detail and movement in critical scenes. So there yah guys go. -Laughs- I'll keep working on my art! Gambarimasu!!

Taking Nihongo and kanji lessons in parallel to working on these, too! Nothing much, but it's a start.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:41:42 AM by K-Seki »

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
It's in a few hours...! How's Christmas been treating you guys so far? -offers flan-
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:41:07 AM by K-Seki »

Offline David2302

• ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »
Nice draw. what program you using to draw?
paint tool sai?

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »
@David. Yes, I'm getting used to it in the absence of Photoshop. -laughs- I've been experimenting on ways to color and this one's a recent WIP, for an Audiodrama online.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:42:14 AM by K-Seki »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2013, 02:49:42 AM »
Ah, still a great achievement with the nano though. Like the Sai work. What's this audio drama about?

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »
Hmm it's an audiodrama written to sound like an otome game. I'm illustrating its CD covers, along with another audiodrama running parallel to it. I'm sort of multitasking these days, because there is a bunch of manga for other writers as well, and a submission due next week. -laughs- Managing my time as best as I can.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:59:55 PM by K-Seki »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
Sounds great to be invested in so many projects. Did you put up your nano work anywhere? I only saw bits and pieces here and there...

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
Indeed, your work is awesome! Very beautiful drawings and painting  :thumbsup:

OMG, I have to quote this:

It's in a few hours...! How's Christmas been treating you guys so far? -offers flan-

Hijirikawa Masato!?!?!?! OMGGG, I love him, he's my favorite character from Uta no Prince-sama!
This drawing is so beautiful, he's so cute

Btw, Merry Christmas (a little late) and Happy New Year, also!  ;D