April 18, 2024, 07:25:32 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Milestones  (Read 309749 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Milestones
« Reply #1995 on: November 30, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
4k posts!!!!!!!!!!
Who would have thought when I joined this forum I would be so trigger happy with the posts....XD
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 30, 2018, 02:29:58 PM »
Congrats on reaching that milestone suuper! You really have been posting quite a bit.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 30, 2018, 02:32:27 PM »
Congrats Suuper! Keep climbing!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 28, 2018, 10:45:28 PM »
It's my 5 year anniversary of joining the forum!  :ohmy:

You know, I'm in a pretty reflective mood these last few days, but I'll spare the big speech, that I would normally do (edit this was a lie). You never know what your choices will lead to. Of course there is a lot between joining a message board in your last year of high school to post your art pictures and going to Kansas half a decade later to meet your online friends you met here. Which is basically the biggest thing you can do in this context. When I think of all the big moments in the last 5 years of my life they can connect back here in some way. When I read my past posts it's like looking at where I was in my head at those times. I'm good at remembering dates and "eras" in my life, so this works out anyway. This forum hasn't been exciting since 2016, but that doesn't matter. It's a home base I check everyday and post, mostly about music.

It's strange to think the biggest thing the forum did for me was get me to make my own music, but that's the nature of it all eh. It's just like this kind of pop in and see what's up kind of things, everyone has their own things whatever it is. and maybe we all have some kind of youthful dream when we join and then growin' up happens and now, damnit what am I meant to do to make it through my 20's successfully? If you read my first post it's a bit different from me now, I used to think I would get to where I wanted to be, in a matter of time. I used to draw thinking some sort of magic would happen and I'd suddenly get somewhere, like in early 2014 when I would listen to "Under Star" the first Hajime no Ippo intro before I started drawing like, boom this is it. I used to jam along to Ac/Dc songs in my basement thinking I'd suddenly be on stage with a band. and then I realized, nothing happens unless you yourself make it happen. and nothing comes to you if you don't allow it to, or even open yourself to try.

I have discovered the most about life that I have yet this year, and perhaps I will talk about that a bit more on New Years, but I haven't found out many things we all find out one day in our own way. and I can say that unlike any other message board I've ever been on this forum, no the people on this forum have had some kind of mark on me. There are always those little things that inspire us to do whatever, be it just putting together a song of terrible phone recordings and seeing where it goes or seeing something that makes you go "ya I need to do that".       

Seeing as I joined the forum when I was 17 it's strange to think what those 5 years represent and how bits of that have been logged on here, as I'm sure is the same with other people. Even if it's a playlist I posted in 2015, and it has the same songs like "I'm Only Sleeping", "Summer Song", "take@chance", "Emotion" etc. it's all little bits that really only mean anything to me but are here anyway.

This is mostly just meaningless word barf, but I kind of wanted to do this so...I did it. There you go, just some words about this and that. 5 years of being on this forum, and active for every month of that, well besides the one month I didn't post in 2014, I did it to see if anyone would notice I was gone, how pathetic my thoughts where for that. So ya whatever, another year, now 5 years, half a decade, whatever you want to call it, that time has passed since that afternoon I was like, "let's find a manga art forum to join" and somehow this one, with my first impression being one of Lego's old avatars and his "real life has wack graphics" personal text, was the one to join.

Well, neat.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:53:37 PM by Manimal »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 29, 2018, 12:43:45 AM »
Glad to have you along for the ride Manimal.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: December 29, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
Lovely "short" speech :P
It's great to have you on board :)
I passed 7 years last July and it's like wow am I really that much older.....?
My ideals and goals change quite a lot these days too. As long as you're working towards something and not wasting your time then that's good in my books.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: December 29, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »
Hear, hear. For me, I live in healthy denial about when I joined this forum. I dare not think about that. No. Hush now voices in my head. I'm still young. I joined this forum only 2 years ago. Yes.

Good thing I am too manly to shed a tear, Manimal.  As far as inspiration goes don't think you haven't done the same. I became more shameless and open about music and it's really added quite a bit to my little old life. Larry Pine will also be forever legend and actually taught me how to storyboard. Such a small and vital step I hadn't gotten around to really doing in ages so thanks for that.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 17, 2019, 03:43:45 AM »
A bit of a noob-y milestone, but I just passed 1000 page views on my DeviantArt. I'm getting at least 1 view a day now which is incredibly low, but considering I wasn't getting 5 a month when I was inactive it feels like an accomplishment. It can only get better from here XD
Also with all my WIP linearts and coloured pieces, I've got a steady trickle of stuff to upload, so I'm going for 1 upload a day and we'll see how that goes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:46:04 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 26, 2019, 08:48:43 AM »
I thought to myself I've been posting a lot, and it's true
Just hit #5 top MR poster haha
Just the mods and administrators remaining muahahaha
but gotta draw more talk less XD

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 26, 2019, 09:18:11 AM »
Dammit he's catching up. We can't let this happen!

Congrats on the DA milestone by the way. That really is no lie an achievement. I too hope to revive my DA life if only a little.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 26, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
thanks. got for it! with DA, much like any social media, you'll get more views if you regularly/frequently produce new content, and get involved in events and the community. for content production you're fine I'm sure :P

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 26, 2019, 07:00:37 PM »
Congrats Suuper! I would give some scare tactics to keep you in your place, but honestly, I don't even know what my post count is anymore. It lost all meaning years ago.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 05, 2019, 08:45:11 AM »
Bit of a weird milestone/stat, but this might be useful/inspiring to someone.
I have a key-logger style program that counts every key I press when I type, and I just noticed that since January I have typed just over 300k words (using 5 characters as an average word length) (1.5M keys)
And none of that was actually in writing anything of a particular size, it's just my normal computer usage, replying to emails and writing replies on forums etc.
Of course, this includes counting Ctrl-Z as 2 characters and the Enter key and so on, but in terms of key-pressage, that's a couple of novels that "could have" been written if those keys were all the right ones.
So even with writing, it's all the little bits that add up over time, so don't be discouraged by the final size of a novel, or the amount that you will have to write/type, as a little each day will do wonders.
Yeah I've glossed over a LOT of other work that goes into writing, but word count isn't one of those problems that you need to be worried or intimidated about, I think.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:48:43 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 05, 2019, 10:42:01 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Suuper! Length is probably the last thing anyone should be thinking about when writing. You can see what getting paid by the word did to Dickens. A Christmas Carol would have been just as long and annoying to read as A Take of Two Cities had he been paid per word. Instead of a true classic, we would have gotten another tired feeling novel that we only remember the first line of. (that being said, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. It was a time that tried men's souls." Is still a pretty great way to open any story.)

Offline Nezuko

• #1 Nezuko Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 28, 2020, 11:39:11 PM »
A bit of a noob-y milestone, but I just passed 1000 page views on my DeviantArt. I'm getting at least 1 view a day now which is incredibly low, but considering I wasn't getting 5 a month when I was inactive it feels like an accomplishment. It can only get better from here XD
Also with all my WIP linearts and coloured pieces, I've got a steady trickle of stuff to upload, so I'm going for 1 upload a day and we'll see how that goes.

Your art is f***ing awesome!