March 29, 2024, 02:51:55 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Few Things  (Read 13318 times)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Few Things
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:15:29 AM »
As a Forum Admin there are things I have to do again and again. For example Database and file backups which take most of my forum time. But it has to be done there's no other way. Also Everyday I have to go through list of spam suspects present me by the forum security mechanize. Totally boring but have to do it.  Then there are questions and help requests I receive by PMs and mail. I thought to post a list of  FAQ I have been asked again and again. I think these will be helpful to everyone from old members to new members plus those who want to join. I'll try to keep everything short and sweet as possible.

00) New members plz use Gender option and an Avatar. That gives your profile little bit more credibility, specially when you are new and looking for an artist or writer.

01) We do have rules and we expect new members to read and follow those >>  Link

02) Plz don't mail or PM me asking to recommend a Artist or writer. We have 2 request boards for this. If you are not registered then better join the forum and post your request rather than mail me to find you suitable artist or writers.

03) Post your Request for an Artists >> Here  Post your Request for a writer >> Here

04) If your request post has vanished reasons might be,

• Posted in wrong board
  • Posted an email in post
  • Posted a link in post
  • Haven't read sticky threads in these boards

05) Other members must not try to review or advice about artwork or stories in Request topics. Better reply only if you are interested in project or task. Only exceptions are pointing out them rules OP might have broken or show them where they should post their story or art for reviews.

06) If your post count has decreased, there might be 2 other reasons. A topic might be moved to PUB or I might have weeded out useless posts such as one or two word post or nothing but a random image post or posts which should be in Chit Chat topic.

07) I have received more than dozen PM in this year asking about how to become a Moderator. There's no set of rules or some kind of election for this. I choose members who I'm confidant they can do the job. I usually keep an eye on how they behave for a while before asking if they are interested in becoming a MOD.

08) I rarely add new mods because we really don't need many. We have a smart bunch here at MR.  Not much moderation need. But I ll post a topic about what I usually look in a member who would become a Mod.

09) Critiques / Reviews / Advice are stuff which you can take or leave.  Take what you need and leave the rest. But if more than one person pointing out you same thing then it's better give a though about it. Not everyone look at stories and drawing same way and opinions can be different. Plus when it comes to Manga or Comics anything can happen. Treat people who post in your topic with respect no matter what they say. If you don't like what they say then just say thank you and move on.

10) This is something connected to 09 and also mentioned it so many other places. But  will tell again. Don't report or complain after you jump into a fight or part of it. When you want to report something do that without getting involved. If not, you are already part of the problem too .

I keep the list updated with any new questions I get  and also if you have any sensible question ask here nd I ll add to the list.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:50:26 AM by Hasith »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Few Things
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:50:38 AM »
updated.