July 29, 2021, 11:36:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 177470 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1575 on: March 27, 2021, 01:41:15 PM »
@Manimal trust you to notice the marketable robot design ;)
and thanks for the feedback.
Et Cetera is proving to be quite the hard story to write as it doesn't have much plot, being basically a school sitcom but with chaos as the main ingredient, much like Nichijou. It's a real mess of ideas and I dont know where to start. But I think I'm just going to go with absolute random ideas until I get a feel for the characters and the sort of flow that I want and so on.

All of the stories are just random plots I came up with mostly on the spot, just to give me some writing experience, so it's going to be a lot of trial and error to learn how to write, and in the different genres too.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 28, 2021, 05:39:23 AM »
It brings me much comfort to know others do a lot of self reflecting on their entire artistic process :>
This is usually me at 3am on a work night xD

Again not much to add, just here for it! :)
Going well!
MissKatMilo

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 28, 2021, 03:33:39 PM »
@KatDeMilo thanks for the comment! it's nice to know someone's watching my struggles!!!

End of month post.

I've decided for my mid-month and end-month posts to make my post on the nearest Sunday. this is because my schedule is packed and I generally spend quite a while rambling in my posts so I can't afford the time in the week now that I'm working on my projects more seriously.

I won't talk too much this time as, well, not much as happened really, since moving to gaining writing skills, and more, I'm only halfway through revving up my projects and I dont know if what I'm even trying to do is achievable.

I've now been back at work for 3 weeks and I've got a new schedule in place.
I'm working with a daily schedule for projects, so on each day of the week I have specific things that I do. On my work days I do portrait practice since I have very little time, and on my other days I basically have 4x 6 hour slots, one for each of my manga projects.
Sunday is a catch-up day because I mostly likely will have had a bad day in the week and have things to catch up on at least one of my projects (this week was super bad and all of them needed catching up lol, and I couldn't quite make it :/)

I'm almost balancing the output that I want to have. Mostly it's just having a clear idea of what I'm aiming at, be it a script or a plot outline etc, and work efficiently and solidly on it during the time I have set aside for it.

So far I've written quite a bit but nothing yet to show for it because a lot is in planning documents and the like, jotting down a lot of ideas for events and plots in my story, but nothing properly written out in script yet. Well, one project is on track after the Sunday catch-up, so that's not so bad, for a level 0 writer :P

I've written about 45k words this month (30k in the last 2 weeks), mostly in planning documents to be honest. I think rather than time spent, words typed is a much more useful statistic for productivity in writing, although given I'm writing a story, it's easy enough to see how many chapters I've completed.

Most fortunately I am starting my Easter holiday now for 3 weeks and so I have 6 bonus days to manage my output and buffer any lost time. I'm hoping that this Monday I can catch up all the other projects and then I can use the other bonus days for art related stuff since I haven't drawn much at all.

So far in my manga story projects, character design has been the hardest. partly because that's both art and writing, and I've been skimping on both, having not much of a clue what I'm doing. But it seems that when I need the info for a character I make it up and add it to their bio there and then, so it's almost working out.

I have done so little drawing this month, about 1 hour a day average. Compared to my ideal 5 hours, that's tiny and normally I would be getting super depressed right now. But, as of March, I am primarily a writer, for the foreseeable future. I'm going to be massively levelling my writing ability, and hopefully a little bit of manga comic related art training too.

I considered making a new writing-only thread for my writing log but then I'd have to make 2 posts each time as I'll typically have art to share, so I figured just do one big post here for all my manga stuff.

Stay tuned, next update should be a big one hopefully.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:13:03 PM by Suuper-san »

Offline Walt

• View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 19, 2021, 08:59:41 AM »
I would love to see some of your writing suuper. 45k words is quite a lot! I have been planing the story of my own manga as well. Plotting can be hard   :confused:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 19, 2021, 01:45:49 PM »
@walt
yeah planning is definitely hard
You can read my currently "airing" mangas here.
I like how you put strategy into your fights, Walt, I'd love to be able to do the same in my writing.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 20, 2021, 05:51:18 AM »
almost exactly 4 months since my last post, wow time flies ehehe

Had a mild depressive episode that maybe I couldn't draw anymore, because I've only been working at such low art quality for so long with my longer-than-expected manga project.

So drew this in like 10 minutes as a sort of warmup of sorts. Other than this I've done decidedly little art aside from my manga project, which has probably contributed to me feeling a bit low. Fortunately my project is soon over and I'll be back to the grind for the foreseeable future :P