February 27, 2024, 02:57:13 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Requiem: A Hymn To Another World  (Read 5919 times)

Offline Lambo-san

• I hit 2 stones with one bird. :D
    • View Profile
Requiem: A Hymn To Another World
« on: July 12, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »
I've deleted the other topic, so for now I'm only going to post the pure manga novel pages.
http://ryokoujin.deviantart.com/ - Web Comic Available in Full Size here

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Requiem: A Hymn To Another World
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 03:43:53 PM »
What you did was not Good. That topic had lot of information which others members could have used. Those members use advised and commented in that thread used their time to post lot of good information which should others members who read the thread would had used.
It partly my fault. I shouldn't had left permission to members delete threads even their own. That's a bad mistake for a site admin.

Offline Lambo-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
There was no information other than for my story, and its good to delete your own topics incase guests come to copy it and make it their own.

Offline Demi

• new vogue child
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »
You're not making us like you any more than we did before, btw. This reeks of begging for attention.

No one can "steal" an idea that's already written down and time-stamped. Besides, to be honest, I don't think most people would steal any of the ideas that are on a forum like this. I don't understand why so many people who come here seem to be terrified that the world is going to steal their idea.

Face it: Most people don't care enough about your concept work to steal it. Maybe once you actually make the manga, sure. But when it's all vague ideas floating in your head that you jot down, no one really cares. I have never once seen an idea posted online that I thought was awesome enough to "steal".

Don't flatter yourselves, guys (what is WITH the egos on kids these days? holy cow): No one wants to steal your idea yet. Yeah, it's the best thing ever in your head and you know it's going to be awesome. But you don't have enough art and writing experience for your "manga" to sound like anything other than what it is - something written and illustrated by a young teenager with very little idea of what they're doing. I have a lot more experience than you, and I'm still not worried about it.

If you're so worried, apply for a copyright already, geez.

I've been posting my art, stories and concepts online since 1998, and have only had art stolen once. And that was just a case of someone liking it, saving it, and posting it to their website after they forgot where they originally got it, which they even admitted on the site. I e-mailed them about it, and they happily corrected the mistake.

Unless you count art being posted on 4chan. That's happened to me a couple of times, but I really don't care. XD It's 4chan, after all. It's flattering to have someone else think your art/cosplay/whatever is good enough to post there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:54:36 PM by Demi »

Offline Lambo-san

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:18:16 PM »
This has nothing to do with you guys liking me or whatever, im just taking off my pictures and starting to post the manga. And someone already stole some of my pictures from another forum so thats why i didnt leave the thread open.

Offline Demi

• new vogue child
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 10:37:16 PM »
Here's a hint: If you're going to be that paranoid, don't show it to anyone ever - online or otherwise. If you absolutely must believe everyone is out to steal your ideas, then you can't show them to anyone, or they'll get stolen, right? You're going to have to lighten up - what happens if you eventually publish it if you're so afraid someone might borrow little bits of it? Are you going to have a heart attack every time a volume sells for fear that the buyer is going to steal your story and characters?

Everyone copies from everyone else - it's a fact of life. Human beings, and apes in general, mimic what is around them. It's how we learn. The way you dress is influenced by your friends and family, what foods you eat are influenced by your family history and where you live, and what you see commercials and ads for. Your own art style comes from anime. If you think about it, you stole that style from the Japanese - it's not entirely your creation. But no one's going to be suing you or thinking less of you for using a borrowed art style. But should the Japanese sulk and hide all their artwork, because Westerners are using their style?

I'm sure there are people out there who are influenced by the stuff I've done. With all the idea discussing we did in classes at school, I know that. But I'm not going to be freaking out, jealously guarding the "secrets" of my idea and never sharing them with the world because one of the people I discussed it with might steal it. If they do, who cares? I'll be flattered. Maybe a little pissed if it makes it big, but what can you do? That's art. Like I said, everyone is influenced by everyone else. I can't get mad at someone for that.

I also must point out that I find it interesting that you started a thread for your manga but have nothing to show for it yet if you're no longer posting your concept work. Do you have any of it done that we can see so this doesn't go completely off track?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:52:30 PM by Demi »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »
Well Ryokoujin I was not talking about yr drawings I'm I was feeling bad about all good advice, tips, comments which were given by Demi, CoryCaly and other members. Those were excellent reading material for all starters and artists so they could learn about something or improve their skills.

Yes you could and can take off your drawings whenever you want. But you can't delete other peoples posts even if those are in the topic you made. Those posts are belongs to the forum and those respective members.

Building and publishing a Manga is not a easy task. Even after that gaining popularity and fighting with other established Manga is nearly impossible. Those big publishers take stories from already popular Authors coz that's a part of their business model. If you really worried about rights then add a copyrights to your drawing. Other than that there,s nothing much you can do or to be done.

Now again everything going off topic. Now you have made a topic but i don't see any drawings posted. When you are going to post them ?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:56:37 PM by Hasith »

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »
Deleting a whole thread is not something useful for our forum because it kills months of work and advice for other members. You not only erased your work but the efforts of Demy, Kazbat, Hasitha and everybody who helped you.

In order to protect your work, I have a simple  suggestion, use a copyright text. Because if you feel afraid enough to erase your sketches, what will happen when you will post your final work?
Aurore is an author published in France, Spain, Canada and soon USA yet her pictures are on the web and not stolen.
for example, check this picture.
http://auroreblackcat.free.fr/images/original/noel2007.html

Offline Lambo-san

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »
I'm drawing them as fast as i can but just try to not let this thread go out of hand becuase there are already too amny rants here, i want to keep this one clean. sorry for deleting other's posts, i see why i should'nt of now.

Offline Demi

• new vogue child
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
I'm drawing them as fast as i can but just try to not let this thread go out of hand becuase there are already too amny rants here, i want to keep this one clean. sorry for deleting other's posts, i see why i should'nt of now.

Then you shouldn't have started a thread for this with nothing to show for it. Patience is a good thing - wait until you have at least a few pages to post before starting a thread for it. What are we supposed to do with this thread, then?

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 01:29:43 AM »
Ok Ryokoujin what happened is happened can't change it. Only we can do is learn from mistakes and move on. So post something here soon coz its bad to keep a blank thread.

If you think it would take time I can lock the thread till u are able to post ? you can send me a PM requesting a reopen.

Offline Lambo-san

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
That'd be great Hasith. I ran out of materials (i.e paper pencils, lead pens) and im trying to get more to continue so lock this for now ok?