April 17, 2024, 09:30:15 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: If I have an idea...  (Read 7986 times)

Offline AKATSUKIComics

• View Profile
If I have an idea...
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:42:17 AM »
I was recomended this website and I like some of the art here and I have an idea for a manga series but I have two problems:
1: I am only a teenager
2: I need an artist cause i am TERRIBLE at drawing XD
I was wondering if I could find a good artist here to draw my manga series. I also kind of don't like the idea of doing this on a forum of the fear of my idea being stolen.

Offline Demi

• new vogue child
    • View Profile
Re: If I have an idea...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
Well, in regard to the second thing: Forum posts are dated. That acts as its own kind of copyright. So if someone does steal your idea (which, honestly, doesn't happen as often as people seem to act like it does), you will have posts about it dating to before they do, which will prove it was your idea first.

Also, if you're really concerned, write out everything you possibly can about your idea in detail, then physically mail it to yourself. Then DO NOT open it unless you need to use it as evidence in a coypright dispute. Post Offices date everything when it comes in, as well, and that date will hold up if you need to prove that you had the idea first. "Poor man's copyright", one of my teachers called it.

As to the first thing, a lot of people here are teenagers. Don't worry about it.

Offline AKATSUKIComics

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »
wow thanks  :).

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:08:51 PM »
welcome here!
You can check our methods and tutorials about how to make scenarios, and maybe find an artist here who will make a collaboration!

Offline AKATSUKIComics

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
ok then i will start looking for an artist now XD.

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 04:26:18 AM »
first, try to work on your scenario: you have to be very precise about the characters etc etc
because it's very difficult for the person who draws to "feel" what you want to have unless you give him/her details and elements.
For this, no problem, check on our tutorials and advice section!

Offline AKATSUKIComics

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:07:03 AM »
k thx. i am good at writing the story and keeping a good story line i guess lol. but i can't exacly imagine what the characters would look like, well i am pretty good at knowing what the evil characters could look like, but not much other characters.

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »
that's a beginning! If you have some elements on at least one character, work on them until you can really "feel him or her"
It can be little elements like clothes, way to sit down, the gaze, the music he or she would like....
do the same for all the other characters and little by little you will make them more real.

Offline Jurge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »
I am also working on trying to create my own manga at the moment i am an artist and i have some free time, so if you need any help maybe i can design some charas for you then pm me. :)

Offline AKATSUKIComics

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 01:16:41 AM »
that's a beginning! If you have some elements on at least one character, work on them until you can really "feel him or her"
It can be little elements like clothes, way to sit down, the gaze, the music he or she would like....
do the same for all the other characters and little by little you will make them more real.
k i will try that.

I am also working on trying to create my own manga at the moment i am an artist and i have some free time, so if you need any help maybe i can design some charas for you then pm me. :)
k, maybe i will ask later.

Offline Zacheas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 03:35:57 AM »
guru online, is a great place to look for an artist, that is where I found my second artist, (I personaly have very little skill in art, but am a great writer.) and I found my first artist on DA.

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »
same here, I can always help you to create a chara design for one or 2 characters since I'm already doing it for Principe's project.
Send me everything you got about one your characters via pm, we'll see what t do with it!

Try to work on your characters daily, it's simple: wonder what kind of music they would like, the way they would sit, smile etc etc, daily details that reveal the way they are.

Offline Zero_Ichimura

• Hello Kitty, You Can't Deny the Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
akatsuki i feel ur pain man. the second thing aboput needing an artist is possibly a large set bak for ppl like u and me. but if u think about it being a teenager helps alot for that. u wont have a staff but if u like writing manga, someone out there will like drawing it just as much. as for being a teenager thats ok. im 17 right now and my ideas for making a manga public is start small, like finding a few fans on a forum (rofl i love u guys for ur support). furthermore, go to some anime conventions, ill personally b volunteering my manga at Desucon and Anime North this year, and ill hopefully get a good response. for sure manga submission contests rnt the best way, but hey, gotta start somewhere