March 29, 2024, 05:17:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: ~Contest Of Love~  (Read 3620 times)

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
~Contest Of Love~
« on: June 03, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
This is a oneshot I did back in feb for the Anthology but I withdrew it from the anthology due to personal reasons.

Note: Read Left to Right

Spoiler
Cover page

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Page 12

Page 13

Page 14

Page 15

Page 16

Page 17

Page 18

Author Page

Hope you enjoyed it and found it worth your time, critique and feedback would be much appreciated. :smile:

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
  • Do what ever, but don't lose your cool.
    • View Profile
Re: ~Contest Of Love~
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
Story was really good and funny,maybe romantic comedy but I want to know what happened after that.I really like the story and hope you keep up the good work.

Well I won't say any word about drawing,they are good enough but in some places I can't understand handwriting and page 15 looks a little bad/dirty.

And hope you achieve your goal. ;D

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:19:34 AM »
haha the story was surprisingly deep yet funny ^.^
There were a couple issues ( like why did he believe a woman called Aphrodite who came from the forest? )
The art was good in a lot of places ( page 1,2,6, etc.. )
Hope to see more!

Offline kyuryu-kun

• Professional loser
  • I'll walk through the night til I'm home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »
Story was really good and funny,maybe romantic comedy but I want to know what happened after that.I really like the story and hope you keep up the good work.

Well I won't say any word about drawing,they are good enough but in some places I can't understand handwriting and page 15 looks a little bad/dirty.

And hope you achieve your goal. ;D

I actually think 15 had some of the better drawing in it.
Elemental:http://www.mangamagazine.net/manga-and-comics/Elemental/detail-page/3918?lang=en
Elemental FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ElementalKyuRyu
More Manga:http://www.mangamagazine.net/authors-and-artists/KyuRyu/detail-page/57320
The Elemental of the Flames is the most stubborn man you will ev

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 12:44:36 AM »
Well it was kind of rushed manuscript so I ain't really proud of the art haha But I'm happy everyone enjoyed it  :biggrin:

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 04:39:14 AM »
Well it was kind of rushed manuscript so I ain't really proud of the art haha But I'm happy everyone enjoyed it  :biggrin:

As long as story was good, you can proud of yourself. ;)

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
Story wasn't that well done either, it would atleast 30 pages to tell it properly. :l
Though I think that, even though it was a manga, more dialogue would've done it more justice, I think I emphasised too much on the idea of having as little dialogue as possible and it evoked confusion in readers, plus its a rom-com not a battle manga.
Also, since prair-kun didn't have a lot of dialogue,even though he got the majority, it made the readers unfamiliar with the character.
The story as a whole didn't flow really well, I need to work on that. -_-

I think that some of the biggest problems with the art was I didn't really pay any attention to anatomy cuz  I was lazy, and also the fact that I put too much detail in the wrong places also screwed the whole thing pretty badly.

But anyway, I can guarantee that my future manga's will be insanely better than that of this, no doubt about it. But I didn't regret doing this cuz the experience was most valuable :smile:

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
Story wasn't that well done either, it would atleast 30 pages to tell it properly. :l
Though I think that, even though it was a manga, more dialogue would've done it more justice, I think I emphasised too much on the idea of having as little dialogue as possible and it evoked confusion in readers, plus its a rom-com not a battle manga.
Also, since prair-kun didn't have a lot of dialogue,even though he got the majority, it made the readers unfamiliar with the character.
The story as a whole didn't flow really well, I need to work on that. -_-

I think that some of the biggest problems with the art was I didn't really pay any attention to anatomy cuz  I was lazy, and also the fact that I put too much detail in the wrong places also screwed the whole thing pretty badly.

But anyway, I can guarantee that my future manga's will be insanely better than that of this, no doubt about it. But I didn't regret doing this cuz the experience was most valuable :smile:

Yes, learning from mistakes is good. ;D

P4

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
user retired
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:29:08 PM by P4 »

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »
Thanks for the much apreciated feedback P4-san! ^^ I did have an idea to have her to turn him into a frog on the spot for him to believe her but I wouldn't of been able to fit it into that hideous page limit -stares dispisingly at pagelimit-san *_*-
If any of you are interested, I will doing a written work that will appear 9 days from now in the "NIIZUMA EIJI VS. FUKUDA SHINTA" topic located in the MR pub. This showdown was sparked by an intense argument between myself and Chaos. We decided to throw punches at eachother through a manga story. Being it a shoujo story it will be a great challenge to me, but I vow to produce a work of literature that'll well be worth reading. Though the context in which I spoke was quite vulgar, I declared to bloodthirstingly "crush" his work.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »
Will keep an eye out ^.^
( Chaos seems to fight with pretty much everyone one who talks to him here. )