April 13, 2024, 01:13:57 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: The Haidian Universe expanded (small list of related concpts)  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Reverus Reever Dark

• A parent to many growing creations.
  • Sorry, I'm a dreamer
    • View Profile
The Haidian Universe expanded (small list of related concpts)
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
owhio mina-san!

How is everyone this bright day? well here i am, and over the weekend i thought to myself something of a rather wonderful idea, and is actually something I've been thinking about in parts for awhile now so while I'm working through my original story, i thought I'd post this to give you lot something to think about!  :biggrin:

I currently have a draft of the full story I'm completing (writers block and RL permitting)... and yes sadly due to my writing noobishness and the fact its a draft it is full of errors in grammar and spelling (forgive me I'm dyslexic, and absentminded) and occasional plot holes and inconsistencies... HOWEVER!  :D i won't be discouraged, everyone has to start somewhere as since i have chosen to walk the path of a pro writer i must not fluter!!!

With this in mind one thing i love above all else is immersion, or basically put, where i make a story or set of stories that add a real sense of depth in a complex, yet easy to understand way... a full bodied and detailed universe; now naturally this is not needed when creating a manga as expected most of the environmental detail ect, comes from the art work.

Now, what i want to give to you in this post is a set of short story ideas set in the Haidian Universe; since they're only short ideas and related heavily to the original story, i thought it best to lump them together for now so i can ask;

~~~

Which should i go into with more depth?

The list is as follows, and titles are just place holders atm, so nothing is set in my mind -

Haidian's Tails: Faiths Life, and the rise of the Sun Star Nation
Basically put its the full story of the Haidian's All mother, Faith, form her conception and birth in a lab in Holland, to her death not long after the formation of the Alliance and the Sun Star Nation. This will also include the stories and antics of her children as they conduct there lives like normal everyday Humans among the Japanese population until they are rediscovered by a group of corporate employed mercenariness sent by Layus Enterprises to clean up there failure.

Haidian's Tails: Trans-Galactica
A short story of one deep space exploration Dreadnought sent by the Nation to explore other galaxies... then one day it vanishes from all communication. All the while, aboard the ship, the story unfolds as the crew are faced with first contact with a highly advanced yet hostile race from another galaxy (The Sharn'yar: you learn more about them in the original story later on in books 2 and 3 (when i write them, its all planned) when Reece finds a little android girl named Dora Connaught). its a story of there survival and the mysteries that exist out in the Black. Will they manage to retreat back home safe to warn the Nation of the danger they face? Well at the moment, i don't know  :biggrin:

Haidian's Tails: The fall of an Empire
Kind of like a Perl harbor style plot detailing the time the Biorarch wipe out most of the Alliance and the Sun Star Nation. it will most likely follow separate tails of different characters from different walks of life in an attempt to demonstrate how the  events affected the different types of people commonly found in the galaxy in which the story is set.

The Prince of ignorance: enrollment at the Accarin Academy
Set 100 years after book 3 of the original story, Reece is dead, and Renwin is now old. however the story focuses on a Prince from the desert world of Sayers Brim. sent by his father to help the people learn about the universe and pull them out of the dark ages, he is enrolled in the now full established Accarin Academy, where he makes a load of new friends, from a podge Alclore to a snooty Heavy and even a young Raver (Dora rebelled from the Sharn'yar and formed the Raver race who helped support the alliance) who unlike the rest of her people seems unable to talk.
The Prince helps foil a plot by the cartel to infiltrate the Academy, and he also finds out much about the history about the Academy and Persephone station in which it is situated.
(Note; some familiar faces from the original story pop up from time to time, but this is meant as a stand alone. it will also draw a conclusion to the war with the Sharn'yar however this plays a smaller roll in the book as it is just part of the enviroment.)

The Progenitor Hack (since the main characters are human and not Haidian i thought it best to call it this)
Set 50 years after the rise of the Alliance, on the frontier industrial city world of Felcos, where mining Iron Di-Tritiumide (H32Fe [fictional i believe]), or Lattice Ore as its know to the locals is the main form of employment on the planet... this is however just a mask for a much darker situation, as a local Reporter (main male character, name yet to be given) and a hired Computer Wiz (main female character, a Progenitor, short haired, short tempered, short in general and very cynical, yet good at what she dose. no name yet) and her android sidekick, try to uncover the truth behind a string of seemingly unrelated cyber crimes with the occation, and slightly shady help of the new Haidian security governess (A Black Sun Commander that is trying to avoid a diplomatic situation), while evading the local human security forces which are bent on a cover up...
(Side note, unlike many of my other ideas, which inevitability end up with the two main characters dating or falling for each other, i thought with this concept i would best avoid this just to mix it up a little, having rather they end up constantly irritating each other but with a deeply found friendship formed as a result while maybe having them find love in others along the way, if at all...)
Thinking of having the 39th Rike (A fascist Anti Genetic Modification extremist group, and remnant of Nazi Germany) at the root of most of the criminal activity and having a connection with the planets primary employer... this will also give little hints and details that could relate to the other books.

======================

Ok thats all i have for now...

I would also like to add that i am opening the floor for people to co write with me, stories set in this universe with mind to publication and manga/anime production in future... if your interested, then post your suggestions here or pm me.

Any other questions then feel free to ask.

All the best everyone!
Ja-neh!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:06:25 PM by reeverdark »
>>My novels and stories... you must read!<<
Never surrender! never compromise on your own creations, not even once! Even if it hurts, or you just wont be true to yourself! What you create is your child, so take responsibility for it!

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
Re: The Haidian Universe expanded (small list of related concpts)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »
Interesting ideas here.  You can definitely do something with what you have here. Some artists here can help you with drawing your characters, so pitch us some concepts and we can probably get some done.

Offline Rojas

• Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
Yeah I seen you post that massive novel up. I must say it's length challenges Coryn's own works xD. I looked through the top bit and well... I wasn't ready for such a reading commitment yet. Ask Coryn about people trying to read his stuff. He said it took a while before he got 1 person to read it all on the site.

Anyways I like the Trans-Galactica bit. Seems like it would be interesting.

• Sorry, I'm a dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
Cumpi mina-san! and thank you!

@Nexuun

I'm starting the look at the bigger picture of my work and what i hope to eventually achieve, its ambitious and large in scale but i think if bitten of bit by bit i think it can be done even with what i have as it is.

Also thinking it would be a good idea to form up a public wiki/bible filled with things like characters and other useful bits... what do think about that?? i personally think it might be good also as a way to keep track.

I can get to drawing concepts soon, want to try and finish book one first and carry on from there as its already so close to finishing. I'm well excited!  :biggrin:

@Rojas

i here completely what u are saying... i know its quiet a slog to read, it for me takes about a day or two to do, which i will have to do again soon to proof read as much as i can the carry on.

My hope is to write all the concepts out eventually, but the order in which i do depends on which one is the most popular... naturally this doesn't mean that the story will end up the same way, it really depends on how well i end up writing it, i just hope i don't nerf it up.

======

On a general note, as you can tell already the i am going to do my best to be committed to all this and all my other concepts... i just hope there fun to read  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:30:03 PM by reeverdark »
Never surrender! never compromise on your own creations, not even once! Even if it hurts, or you just wont be true to yourself! What you create is your child, so take responsibility for it!

Offline Rojas

• Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »
I have to get through Coryn's first since I was supposed to a long time ago xD. I'll get to yours eventually O,o.

• Sorry, I'm a dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »
I'm just happy in the knowledge that you consider my efforts worthy of consideration!  :thumbsup: i thank you much for this!

Just to let you know i've just come up with the titles for the main story, they are:

Book 1) Haidian's Tails: Road to the 5th Echelon (you  already know this one :biggrin: )

Book 2) Haidian's Tails: The Ever Changing Winds

Book 3) Haidian's Tails: The Connection of Fate and Reality

I wont be needing to post up concepts as i have it all in my head what I'm doing with them, i just want to wet your appetite, or in this case your dread (text wall on the horizon) as to what is to come with that....

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »
Well a wiki is something I've considered doing if I ever start up a webcomic so yeah that would be a good idea.

• Sorry, I'm a dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:06:16 AM »
know any good free wiki's then?

I have a feeling posting a wiki link tho would be a no-no on the forum... i did ask about posting my book up on a blog then posting each chapter up as link in one thread due to its shire size....

Nexuum, i would be much interested in some cover art done as well... do you reckon it would be worth me asking for this as well??

• Sorry, I'm a dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I know i shouldn't double post, but since this isn't manga, and is related to all these concepts plus my book, i thought id show it to you guys  :biggrin:

Its the Emblem to the Sun Star Nation as described in my book.

Its just a rough idea of what its meant to look like... my skills on paint.net aren't all that great, and i only did it in like an hour or so...

tburgess2

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
I like them all! :heart:

• Sorry, I'm a dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
aragato! thank you!

any other thoughts?