March 29, 2024, 02:03:58 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Daisetsu's works  (Read 81261 times)

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
Daisetsu's works
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum and I hope I'll find here some help and tips about improving my drawing style. I'm drawing for quite a long time but I'm not perfect or as good as many other artists on Deviantart so I still need to practice. And I hope you'll help me with this :). So here goes [uploaded by tinypic.com]:

In color:

Black and white:

And the newest one:

Offline Jack Melancholy

• That one guy from that one place you heard of that one time.
  • This is my personal text. IT'S MINE AND MINE ALONE
    • View Profile
Re: Daisetsu's works
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
Cool Drawings~ You said this was your first post right? If so, does that mean you didn't go to the Welcome thread? If not you should go introduce yourself. If you did, I feel like an idiot for saying the before sentence. XD
Love how the Blonde girl isn't hugging the bunny but instead is choking the living f**k out of it XD Hope for more soon.

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »
Ah, sorry... Forgot about it...  I inroduced myself here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,6714.0.html
Yup! The bunny suffered much XD. I'm glad that you like it :)
Thank you.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some pencil sketches(i love pencil sketches haha)
Try finding some other styles to get inspiration from if you need it

Offline Rojas

• Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »
Nice art, I recommend practicing facial expressions as yours are nice, but they could get better. The emotions portrayed from facial expressions almost completes a perfect drawing.

Example: That girl in the snow with the knives looks uninterested and throws the emotion of the whole picture off. Maybe if you gave her an expression to fit the mood it would look better.

Now also you will want to make your poses look more fluid. Your characters seem stiff and to fix that you need to show more action. Humans are constantly moving, specially in manga/anime. In that scene where the characters are together they are all calmly standing there. It looks fine, but that leads the scene to look plain without anything really special to look at. The girl on the right could have a better pose showing movement and almost looks like she doesn't belong.

That action scene you posted could hold better results if you studied sword fighting and action scenes better. The girl charging has a weird running slash stance. That jumping movement is sort of useless like a skip. If you really wanted her to jump while doing a running slash exaggerate it a bit and put more power into it. Show motion by having her wield the sword all the way back giving a full swing as well as have the legs in more action than a skip.

Just minor details set the whole scene of a picture. I'm not that good an artist, but I have good eyes. If you can incorporate more action and emotion into your characters I'm sure you'll improve a lot ^_^.

Offline Minorin_Fumiko

• Professional procrastinator
  • Unreal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »
hehe i love the one with the bunny ^^ she reminds me of Fate from magical girl lyrical nanoha ^^ i also like the one above it ^^ there my favourites!
Blehhh!

Offline Bmx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
I love them. :biggrin:

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:09 AM »
Thank you all for the comments :).

Nexuun - I sometimes make them :). I work with both media [traditional and digital] and it's hard to tell which is easier for me - both are very challenging.

Rojas - About the facial expressions - you probably mean those which we can often see in humouristic mangas, right? Maybe I should try it someday XD
About the girl in the snow - as my OC staying emotinless [like Yuki Nagato from Haruhi] is one of the elements of her characteristics. I'm not quite sure which expression would be good here...
This stiffnes is probably what makes my style less atractive. It's pretty hard to come up with a good pose... Better focus on that.
And thanks for the tip on that sword fighting pic :)

Minorin_Fumiko - Hmm... Maybe a bit [their hairstyles are the same XD]. Fate would probably spare the bunny XD.

Bmx - Thanks XD

Jamieboy113 - Yeah, anatomy... On the first pic you probably mean the girl on the right - yup, it doesn't look good...
About the second pic - maybe I just made it too long here and that's why.

Ok, here's the newest one made fully by using pencils:

I hope you like it :)

Offline Rojas

• Hello everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »
Alright awesome work ^_^ looks great. Good perspective and background.

The shading is decent, but very rough. Try looking at your arm, it doesn't have one side with a hard shadow and one huge highlight. Go from dark to light subtly instead of blatant hard shadow outlines. Though now looking your other shadings look fine in the background. We're you going for the easy anime shading style? It's correct, but you'll get more depth with better shading.

The legs on the girl to the left are wrong. Look at her left leg, it looks weird because it is too small. Legs are never smaller than the arms which is what happened to that one. Perspective and fore shortening play a role, but not that drastically. Work on keeping composition up.

Overall it's a really steady drawing with 1 true flaw that I see is the leg. Good work and keep it up.

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
Daisetsu-Bushido:=
Now that's ONE-OF-A-KIND drawings that really makes people notice and inspired to draw better.. As much I want to comments, most have say the word... The best I could offer is my drawings to help Daisetsu-Bushido and everyone to improve on what they need.

Haha, I agree with you Daisetsu-Bushido that both traditional and digital are challenging even though you practice them in daily routine.. It's always back to the basic, how much you understand on basic principles of drawings (Anatomy and Lines) and the knowledge to improve it in the way you wanted... The answer is you YOUSELF!... So, errors and mistakes is the true process of learning... Nothing to be ashamed of. Even Pros faced the same challenges as us do.. I can see Daisetsu-Bushido as a CG and Illustrator artist X33

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
Very nice artwork. Your anatomy can use just a tiny bit of work but Overall you're pretty good!
Messatsu...

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »
And here I am again.

Rojas - Yeah, it looks like anime shading style especially on the arms. It's hard to tell if I'm going to that direction because there are two groups of people where one like realistic type of shading and the other likes this anime easy style. So it looks like I ended up with both here XD XD. But I think as the time passes I'll stick with the realistic one.
It was hard to show a running pose from this view and angle. The leg is small because I wanted to indicate its perspective possitioning. But it looks like I failed here...

lordsyafiq - I'm really glad to hear it and that you're going back to drawing. We all can't wait to see your new works :).
Yeah, you're right. It's all about the basics XD. And thank you very, very much for the encouragement. It really means a lot :). And gives a lot of faith that doing all this has a lot more sense than I always thought [I usually do it just for my own self but if someone gets inspired by looking at it then I guess it really has a lot of sense]. It really cheers up. Thank you very much :).

Fronomenal - Yeah, I know... Glad you like it :)

So here's a nekomimi for you XD:

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »
tehe! cute!
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Roshon21

• I will obey your every command. ._.
  • "If I am a "Robot," do I eat metal."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »
 :heart:

Offline Jack Melancholy

• That one guy from that one place you heard of that one time.
  • This is my personal text. IT'S MINE AND MINE ALONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »
KITTY!!! :D