April 17, 2024, 10:41:55 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Daisetsu's works  (Read 81743 times)

Offline desirulz123

• Void Mage
  • My name is Desi! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Daisetsu's works
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »

Finally made it! I planned to make 15 on one pic but decided that it would be better to split them into two pics.

I hope you like it :)

I'm liking your art the main thing i will critique is that you seem to be shading with black on your drawings. it doesn't seem to be any transition from light to dark just instant black. it may be allite advance but you should try cell shading like in this tutorial:  *link removed*

one of the rules with coloring is to never go full black or white in your paintings there are exepctions to this rule but i cant think of them right now lol

Keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:51:27 AM by legomaestro »

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2014, 07:11:11 AM »
Thank you very much guys :)

narutogod123 - It's not just directly black on all the shading. I usually shade on 2 layers by changing colors [usually by adding +20 to S and - 20 to V in GIMP on each of the 2 layers to make it look darkened with more intense color]. And sometimes add the 3rd one on which I change the layer mode to "soft light" and color with black which makes a good darkening effect and to white to make things lighter but I use it only to make the contrast stronger.
And sometimes it really reaches the black color especially if the main color is pretty dark. I often ignored it but I guess I must be more careful with it.

And the exception you're talking about are the matal surfaces like armors. I think so :).

About cell shading - I have a tendency to smudge the shades pretty often which looks much more natural in my opinion [especially when it comes to full color works].
But I guess it would really look better on chibi characters and of course absolutely on manga comic pages. Gotta try it :). Thanks :).

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »

More OC chibis.
This time for shading I made 3 layers which are "cell shading", "soft shading" beneath and less darkened, and a soft light layer with black and white to make the contrast stronger.
Can't really tell if it looks different than previous one but still tried to make something new.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
The cuteness levels are over 9000!!! Eurgh, you found my only weakness :3 It's good artwork you've got going on here, it would really suit the small 4 panel comic strips (Not sure what they called) Keep it up!  :thumbsup:

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
the level of shading is a lil too much for showing such movement between the arms.

it looks like they have multiple hands.

i knwo you intended to make them like chibi, but you still need to make them more consistent.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Good stuff Daisetsu. You sure are good with colours as always. Hey, how did that competition turn out by the way? Never heard from it again...

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2014, 12:35:54 PM »
GingerRitsu - Thank you very much :). Maybe someday I'll try to do something like this as some sort of addition to a bigger project. Nice idea :)

Lorenx1 - My first time trying to do such a comedic-like movement of the arms. Didn't really knew what to do here especially with the shading so I just did it like I did the whole rest of the pic. Still need to analyze this chibi environment :).

legomaestro - Many thanks :). Umm... What competition? Haven't participated in such for ages :P

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »
try working with hair too. you notice too many individual strands going in different directions makes all the characters look like they just woke up and didn't bother to do their hair.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »

I guess it's time to take a break from more chibified and focus on non-chibi characters :).

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »
aha you certainly have been working on a lot of chibis. Enjoy your colour work as always.

Oh, the competition I meant was the one hasith posted. Even sent you pms about it but I never participated in the end.

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »
Lego - Now I know :). Few months passed and still nothing... I even forgot about it after all this time. Don't really know much about that event for which it was all organized.

Group pics in digital just take ages to complete. Or maybe I'm just too slow...
Don't really know on what should I focus more to make it better. But it's sometimes really frustrating that it just takes so much time and I can still see that it lacks something I don't even know about.
So feel free to say if you see anything wrong or worth changing. I'd be very grateful :).

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »
Nice colorful pic XD

I think what could be improved is the stances. Especially with the ones with the swords. They need to be in a more ready position and holding the hilt properly, otherwise it looks lie the blades are just there for show.

You did the anatomy nicely for the red fairy girl. But the arms of the centaur look on the short side.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
Dat colour!

Well I feel it's small for some reason? Maybe if it was extended to the left or right or something. My eye doesn't quite know where to focus and it feels the image was constrained. But otherwise nice stuff there. Like your style

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »
Echo_River - Yeah, I guess it's probably more about the poses.

Lego - Maybe it would after extending and adding more background...

Made with pencils and after the scanning I played a bit with the contrast. Hope it's not too exaggerated :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2014, 12:01:41 PM »
No actually it's pretty easy on the eyes. Dat pencil work! How do you get different tones and shades like that?