March 28, 2024, 04:43:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Recommend an Anime ?  (Read 105365 times)

dawood

Re: Recommend an Anime ?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »
for me fma is THE best one in my opinion. It is my absolute reference.

different strokes for different folks... 

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
that's why it's funny to confront opinions lol
for example, I don't like naruto manga while many like it.  it's cool to discover other's opinions!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »
co has a point there too. its the same with me. most people like naruto it seems but i just cant stand it

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

dawood

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »
that's why it's funny to confront opinions lol
for example, I don't like naruto manga while many like it.  it's cool to discover other's opinions!

co has a point there too. its the same with me. most people like naruto it seems but i just cant stand it

well it doesn't look that way to me coryn.. lol...    you just seem to be cory's echo...   we have a name for that back home..  ****-rider (i won't write the explitive.. there could be children reading.. lol

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
thanks dawood *sarcastic* and im not trying to "echo" her. we're just having the same ideas and shes just posting them first. doesnt mean i cant put in my two cents. besides i brought up the "FMA is amazing" idea and shes "echoed" me on that

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
relax guys   having the same opinion doens't mean it's an echo lol

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 10:10:15 AM »
thats the point im trying to make

Offline SoulRiser

• Marv
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »
Well, I'm action man and some sports myself so if anyone else is then checkout Sengoku Basara,Hajime no Ippo:New Challenger,One Outs,Hero Tales.Theres more but cant think of them.

I RARELY watch the lovey dovey themes but in the case of Hatsukoi Unlimited I followed it cuz I like its development and art style.
I'm like dewey cox, I walk.......HARD.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »
I think it mostly matters on your age and your experience with anime/manga. You learn, you grow... I mean most of us wouldn't watch Scooby Do, but there was a time for most of us when we loved it.

Anime is the same. I don't criticize anyone for watching shonen anime even though I can't stand it.

I don't think anyone can recommend an anime to anyone else... there are 'good' anime, and there are 'popular' anime... many times those two are completely different, but it depends mostly on experience. I've watched one episode of Naruto in my life and though it was silly. Same with FMA. I've been watching 5-6 hours of anime every day for almost 20 years... I've seen thousands. Those two just do nothing for me. Does that mean people shouldn't watch them? Absolutely not. Some people love those anime to death, and good for them. It's great to have an anime you love.

If I recommend Genshiken or Haruhi, unless you've seen enough anime (meaning dozens of series) you won't like them, and you'll probably think they're 'bad'. There's nothing wrong with that, but remember an opinion is useless unless it's an *informed* opinion. So, you keep watching anime, you grow, you learn, you have more and more to compare your favorites to, you become informed. It's basically like trying to teach Einstein's Relativity to someone who hasn't had basic physics classes yet... relativity is just stupid unless you have a background to understand it.

I do see a lot of people recommending anime who themselves have only seen a couple of series... it's so tempting to jump in and comment... but, the more you grow, the less important it is to 'teach'... you just have to let people find the truth for themselves.

Whatever anime you're watching and enjoying, great. Just always try to remember some have years and years more experience, some have less experience... so, unless you are exactly where the other person is, you really can't know what anime they would like, or consider good.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
Having a large arsenal of anime behind you is a great thing.That's why I'm able to give personal recommendations and general recommendations. From seeing so many, you can list a few titles that the general public would be interested in and give a few stranger titles that might pull in that person specifically.
I'm back~~~

Offline ehra2008

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »
If your into an epic drama you should try this one Saiunkoku Monogatari . I have watch it although its bit longer than expected and it is about romance of her and the prince as well as the journey of a girl to make it into a government position where woman are not allowed to join

Offline Waseef

• I am the man your mom warned you about!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »
I would reccomend AVATAR- THE LAST AIRBENDER. They showed it on nick long ago (as far as I was told). You guys MUST watch it coz its Awesome. I myself am uploading all three seasons onto my web- host (should take a week to upload all)

Anyways the story goes on in a fantasy world,

Water, Earth, Fire and Air- the four elements and the four nations. Some people had the power to control these elements and were called benders. (water bender, air bender etc)

Long ago all four nations lived in harmony, untill the fire nation decided to attack. Only the avatar- master of all four elements could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he disappeared. 100 years later... Kutara and her brother Sokka found the new Avatar forzen ice. He was an Air bender named Aang.

Although his air bending skill were gr8, he still has to master the other three elements before he could stop the fire-lord. Join him and friends on the journey to save the world...

Thnx 8)

Offline Ikuyana

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »
Gungrave is a great anime, sort of like the Godfather only with more sci-fi, and in the anime style.  It's very original though, and the music is good too.

Offline kuro-ame-neko

• Rain Watcher
  • the rain that resonates within our hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2009, 12:54:40 AM »
Air gear, the starts kinda weird but its really good!
Idaten Jump- seems childish but its not  :D

Offline Corycaly

• Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »
Ghost in the shell: awesome, amazing!