November 27, 2022, 09:31:02 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)  (Read 238469 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1650 on: October 12, 2022, 09:58:37 AM »
Ooh. Any particular influence on the suit design?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Wild

• Custom Title; Soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 17, 2022, 11:17:48 AM »
Keep up the good work Suuper-san!

Oh and...I hope you enjoy your holiday here in Greece! :D

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 21, 2022, 01:27:21 AM »
@Coryn well the theme is "your favourite colour", so I'm going with a yellow "lava punk" powersuit, I want to make something more armoured than the last one and I figure I have the skills to do it thanks to the experience from the last one.

@wild for real!?!? What crazy timing to just find that out!
You should totally pop down I'm in Roda, Corfu! XDXD
Edit: after looking at a map, I mean *pop up XD

Oh and an update on my massive holiday art plan: I very quickly realised that quantity is the least of my worries. I know that I can easily output lots of rough sketches already, so setting a record would do nothing but be a checkbox for me. So I've opted for quality instead and I'll be focusing on core skills and especially ballpoint skills since I'm working traditionally. That will actually benefit me more in the long run than just churning out random pages of nothingness.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 06:02:06 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 21, 2022, 10:12:46 AM »
Cool to hear that you're refocusing your goals! Sounds like you've made a key realization about what you need to work on.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 26, 2022, 11:58:55 AM »
yup, and it was indeed a just-in-time realization as I would have wasted a fair bit of time otherwise on non-key stuff.

well, I am back from my hols. there's good news and bad news.

the good news is that I was able to do a bunch of drawing, some of which was really nice stuff, and also relax and de-stress with my family
the bad news is that as a family and me personally, we were just so badly needing a holiday we crashed for like a week or more (very unusual for us), so I didn't really get much art done and we mostly just lazed about much more than normal.

we are normally quite active in our holidays, travelling to different towns by bus or walking long distances, even renting bicycles, but this time round we mostly slept, didn't do much walking or travelling around or adventuring until the last couple of days when we were starting to perk up.

so all in all, holiday served its purpose, but a tad disappointing it took so long to unwind. but consider us un-wound. I'll be posting my artworks and giving a little discussion on skills learned and new plans for my art direction.

glad to be home as always you start to get homesick after about 2 weeks. home is where all my stuff is, after all.
and, of course, glad to be back to MR. the other home :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 12:00:30 PM by Suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 29, 2022, 02:00:36 PM »
Well since I didn't quite finish my grand plan for my holiday, I'll finish it off at home and then talk about it in more depth.

Basically I did a more regimented set of sketches, like my 1000 hands regimes, but just 100, of different things. Instead of randomly drawing stuff on each page and getting lucky with a few illustrations, I was a bit more determined to work towards "always being able to produce a good sketch"

A lot of it was the same as the usual stuff I'm always doing, but on paper instead of digital :P

Such as hands:

Or detailed headshots:

I'll mention each individual project when I've finished the lot, should take a month or two maybe depending on how much free time I put into it, and how complex some of the steps might end up being. But I think it's quite crucial to developing my next level skills, interestingly enough.

Previously I mentioned that I had discovered a nice ballpoint sketch style, but that was just the beginning of a true sketch style. I could only draw in my comfort zone. But now I'm pushing to increase the range and complexity of ideas that I can draw in ballpoint, without needing to have lots of sketch lines underneath, as well as actually coming up with fresh ideas to begin with.

Improving this ballpoint style in turn helps me to improve my efficiency digitally, and so just like always, the skills all converge and can be used in other areas.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 03:22:21 PM by Suuper-san »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 30, 2022, 12:58:13 PM »
Sorry to hear the holiday was a bit of a let down, but as you say it served its purpose. Sometimes you just need to take it easy, and I can definitely think of worse places than Greece, lol

Neatthat you've advanced on your ballpoint style. Definitely sounds like you made measurable gains from the trip.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 31, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
I wouldn't say it was a total let-down, but yeah it was just an ultimate crash. we enjoyed ourselves of course, but it was far more laid back than we've ever been before. And yup Greece is definitely one of the good places to crash ahahaha :P

I'd say that I'm on the verge of a breakthough with my ballpoint style, at the moment I'm semi-resting on my muscle memory and habits rather than pure brain control, and forethought/planning, which I much prefer. But it's much more taxing to plan so many steps ahead in one go, and that's the wall I'm currently trying to break through, hopefully by removing as many unnecessary steps in the creative process as possible. And that's what my current traditional project plan is trying to resolve, hopefully within a few months.

Offline Wild

• Custom Title; Soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 23, 2022, 07:21:56 AM »
Suuper-san, I only now saw your reply. Sorry! (and I thought you missed my post or something but it turns out, I did.)

Anywho, I doubt you're still there but I wouldn't be able to come anyway. If some day you happen to be in Athens, send me a message. That being said, you can definitely find more fun people than me. xD

Edit: Btw, I just saw your latest sketching post. Keep up the good work! :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:45:40 AM by Wild »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 23, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
yeah it was just a short holiday, although my dad is rather keen on retiring to greece XD

and thanks! I've gotta get my act together to get to the next level of art /(@_@;)\
haven't spent as much time as I would have liked doing art lately but I seem to be pushing past the block now.