March 29, 2024, 06:48:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 307683 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1635 on: September 27, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »
whew, it's been a while. been super busy with art for once, so it's been a good busy.
anyways, I finally did a thing...I finished my first sketchbook!
I started this A5 sketchbook back in 2016, drew a couple of pages and then decided that I much preferred individual A4 sheets, and shelved the sketchbook. But since working where I have a long commute, I've dug up the sketchbook and I've been drawing on the train the last couple of years. Averaging about a page per journey, which isn't to be sniffed at.
I've just finished scanning in all the pages but I've still got processing which I'll do tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's my final sketch from the book.

I'll be posting a massive sketchdump probably tomorrow so stay tuned :P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 07:07:04 PM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 27, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »
Do u draw real life things while u on train? Btw Good work i must say cause u finished a sketchbook :thumbsup:

Lf to ur sketches
Dnt forget to just enjoy life ;)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 28, 2022, 03:47:31 PM »
@KillerB thanks for the comment!
Mostly I draw from my imagination. When I'm on the train the only thing to copy from real life is other people, and I'd rather not draw people without their consent. But when I visit towns as a tourist I draw shops and town centres though, so when there's something nice to draw from real life then I'll draw it.

Have a sketch dump from my sketchbook!
I've sorted it into rough categories.
Most of it is pretty rough work since I can only draw at one level of quality (I can't erase pen sketches to draw a better sketch for example), so mostly I draw at draft level to practice the broadest guidelines and proportions.

Lots of scrolling!! You have been warned!!

Really old stuff (2020 and previous, some back to 2016!)
Spoiler

Generic Stuff, nothing of interest really
Spoiler

Full page illustrations and complete artworks
Spoiler

And my two favourites that I did a couple of days ago:
Spoiler

All in all, you can definitely see some improvement between my older and newer works, although often I am practising things that I can't draw well, so it doesn't always seem like much of an improvement. But a definite jump has been having a theme for each page, be it hands, faces etc. I dont always stick to the theme for the whole page, but it gives me a direction when I start drawing.

I've adapted my regimes-regime, which was just digital, and made a smaller version which I can work on with my traditional work. Basically when I'm stuck for things to draw, I can check the list and see what's next to draw. The list is about 15 different things and is a mixture of regimes (hands/ figures etc), and some illustrations of different levels as well. I don't need to worry about running short of inspiration as I can check the list on my phone and see what's next to draw and work on that. So my traditional work is also starting to get a bit more organized.

I've been working on my digital regimes as well, but not making too much headway lately as I've been doing actual commission work. (Somehow felt the need to add "actual" XD)

But I'm getting a new sense of higher level quality control without spending tons of time on the early sketches. And also my initial sketches where I just ballpark the lines are getting pretty decent as well. Nowhere near the endgame but almost approaching the point where I could probably take a serious crack at a proper manga of my own. But gotta learn to write a bit better first, so probably still need to do some throwaway stories for practice, dunno whether to do manga script style stories or more of a novel style, manga script is good because that's what I'll actually be using for my manga, but it tends to be a bit bullet pointy and not formatted too well, so novel style is good for building other writing skills that would be pretty useful as well. Maybe I'll jump between the two, or write in both formats, we'll see.

Onwards and upwards.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 06:15:31 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 29, 2022, 08:26:19 AM »
Wtf i scroll a lot in these sketches
Btw u draw structures really good mate the shading as well
The way u draw structures i cant do it like that
And the drawings improving

Excited to see when u make some manga pages hha
I can be ur rival hhe

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 29, 2022, 08:30:47 AM »
my digital works are normally a bit better as I can make changes and the lines come up much stronger.

ahaha having a rival would be awesome!!!
I'm not sure when I'll be making manga pages next but hopefully in the next couple of months
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 08:34:51 AM by Suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 01, 2022, 08:24:13 AM »
I thought I would post some of my artworks that I've been working on for commissions as I have permission from TheEndisNotThere

Here are some illustrations of the characters that appear in one of the series, The Knight of Stone.
There's a lot of magic, and, you guessed, it, stones, so that's kept me on my toes drawing all the renders for the ground breaking and stuff. I really like them.

It's nice to work at my maximum for a change as I'm always doing rough sketches for myself, it's hard to know how good I am sometimes, but these really show that I actually am at a professional level now. Feels strange to finally reach that level.
I've also started to use more hatching in my lineart now which gives a nice amount of texture and shade without having to add solid tones or colours. This is very similar to most professional manga such as Fairy Tail etc, which use a lot of hatching to show texture and shade. I'm still getting the hang of that but they're not looking too shabby.

I'll just post my favourite manga page that I've done so far (I'm not allowed to post the whole thing... as much as I would like!!!)
Layout and script by TheEndisNotThere

Being able to work at a high quality for manga pages is an absolute blessing, I would never do this for my own work as it takes too long and I don't like my own stories enough yet ahahaha.
But I'm using similar techniques to my WIP processing pages to build up the details and accuracy, and it's going really well.
I hope to use the same techniques on my own manga once I get round to writing it :P
But I'm always aiming higher so I'll be looking for ways to improve composition, backgrounds, tone/texture/shading etc, and all the while figuring out how to do it faster and more efficiently.

I'll probably have some of my own sketches at some point soon to post, see you later :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 08:27:00 AM by Suuper-san »

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 01, 2022, 10:57:24 PM »
This is really cooool suuper
All lines are perfectly done
Finally seeing u making some pages which is exciting to see

I want some more!
Keep up the good work mate
Im jealous

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 02, 2022, 05:42:56 AM »
just plenty of practice mate XD
I haven't really practised much lineart, so this skill has come from doing lots of sketching at rougher levels. not sure how that worked out but it did :P
I find after about half an hour of inking, my style changes, I get warmed up, and I have even more control over my lines. So doing a long run of art can help with building up momentum and skill.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 08, 2022, 04:25:39 AM »
Just thought to post this crash course of learning how to draw wolves:
The target was bulky wolves as they're a monster in a commission I'm doing.
Bear in mind until 3 days ago I hadn't drawn a single wolf in my life.

Day 1: ahhhhhhhhh

Day2: ahhhhhhhhh

Day3: ahaaaaaaaaa

Progress GIF:
Spoiler

Ultimately I feel quite proud of my progress. Hopefully I can throw wolves in lots of scenes in my manga now lol

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 09, 2022, 10:44:18 AM »
Once upon a time, I went on holiday and drew 300 pages of A4 sketches and illustrations. Today, the time has come to snap that record like the flimsy number it is.

Since drawing "full time", I've actually drawn much less on holidays (not really seeing the need, since I could always draw whenever I wanted) but since not having a proper holiday away in a while and having a pretty stressful last couple of years I fancy a proper relaxing break. And to me, that's drawing....a lot.

And so I hereby declare my intention to draw an absolute ton. We'll see how it pans out as I don't intend to be a complete hermit on my family holiday after all, but I really want to push myself to new heights and also to give my traditional style and skill some boost.

I'm also for the first time in maybe 10 years, going to try "true" traditional and sketch in pencil before I ink with pen. Very curious to see how that turns out. Or just doing pencil illustrations in the first place. Gonna take a bunch of my cheap pens and pencils with me like I always do and of course an entire ream of A4 paper. That ought to be enough....

See you all soon :D

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: October 10, 2022, 10:52:19 AM »
Bon voyage Suuper and best of luck! I look forward to what you create while you're away!

Where's the holiday, if you don't mind me asking?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 10, 2022, 03:53:30 PM »
I'm off to the lovely Greek island of Corfu!!
We've been many a time to quite a few of the areas and pretty much know the island quite well, so it's easy to relax quite quickly when we arrive.
And it's pretty much a family tradition at this point to go to a Greek island for a holiday, our yearly holiday has been well overdue thanks to covid >_<
It's great to finally be able to get back there.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 11, 2022, 09:07:41 AM »
my final artwork before my holiday, finished off a sketch I've been doing on my commutes. It ended up being higher than my standard quality which made a change. Gave me a little insight into quality control and working at higher quality with traditional work. I'll have the time to test my theories and do a lot of practice pieces on holiday which will be awesome.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 11, 2022, 09:46:15 AM »
Those details are insane! The stitching on the skirt is an excellent touch. Is the cosplay work paying off here?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 11, 2022, 11:21:49 AM »
khahahaha quite possibly! Understanding the construction of clothing and props like armor etc does help to add to the realism. You're always thinking, "how would this rotate as they move?" and stuff like that :D

Talking of cosplay I've got another one coming up this March with my friends and I'm going all out with an original mecha-style bodysuit this time. Should be fun.