March 29, 2024, 01:39:13 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 307670 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (+digital and 3D)
« Reply #1620 on: April 18, 2022, 01:08:06 PM »
It's stunning Suuper! Congratulations man! Don't belittle yourself here, wallow in your achievement a bit! Brag damn you! Brag! Haha.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 19, 2022, 12:09:43 AM »
thanks so much Coryn :)
It's always the curse of the artist to see their work in a negative light, seeing only the mistakes :P
But yeah...I'm pretty happy with it all the same!
With great achievements comes great ambitions though, so I'm always aiming higher XD
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 13, 2022, 10:43:38 AM »
The quest continues for the ultimate cuteness

The previous old WIP for comparison:
Almost every sketch gets a nice level up these days which is awesome. I basically take the "core" idea of the old sketch and completely redraw it with my new skill level, which produces much more varied and complex ideas. In some cases there almost is no core idea at all, it's just so completely generic that I can do whatever I want with it. But my newer concept sketches are much better and so won't need as much alteration when I finally get to processing those.
Spoiler

Also improved my guidelines for the resolved quality of sketch, I was having issues knowing how much quality to put into the guides themselves since the resolved sketch is also a sort of guideline, for the lineart. Previously I just drew a neat figure and basically winged the entire sketch over the top, which wasn't great but produced passable work for the most part.

So now I've got this "very rough lines but mostly in the right place" sort of guideline style that sort of works for the moment. Doesn't take too long and it's pretty clear to see when I'm sketching over the top since the lines are so thick (even at a lower transparency). The thicker lines are easier to see without focusing too hard on the screen so it saves getting eyestrain a fair bit.

Blue for body, and then I go over in a new layer with red for clothes and details.
The body is actually the third iteration of the figure guidelines that I draw, which is why it's quite accurate. Can't get that quality on the first try...yet :P

Definitely room for improvement, I'm still not sure how to get high accuracy BG guidelines in place without spending a lot of time drawing vanishing points and so on. But it's an improvement nonetheless, and I might draw manga in the above style in the future as it's a step up from the low quality inking that I've done previously. I could erase the parts of the body that aren't needed and I'll have a decent rough quality, but higher accuracy overall.

Focus has been pretty rough lately but I think that's because I'm hitting this quality control issue at the higher level and I can't find a solution that I like yet. Basically how to get the lines I want without redrawing multiple times. I don't mean when I draw the line wrong by accident, but when I actually don't even know what I want in the first place. Especially when drawing pleated skirts this is an issue as I'm trying to resolve the complex folds and interactions and I dont know if it looks good until I've drawn the whole thing and can evaluate it. really I want to evaluate in my head and draw the result which I know is correct. Not sure if this is just a "me" problem or it plagues other artists as well, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. I just need a ton of experience and that'll help, probably :P

But it seems like I'm making progress so I'm hopeful for the future :P
I really want to get back to writing some manga soon, but not sure how to fit it in with my art projects, so always a crunch with scheduling.
Onwards and upwards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:51:10 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 03, 2022, 03:43:04 PM »
Almost pushing through my block, next few days will be pivotal.

Getting a new sort of super rough blocking sketching going well, not sure what it is, but it's sort of useful maybe, we'll see.

Couple of coloured rough sketches

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 15, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »
Latest:
Still at around 10% productivity. A bit annoying but I'm making regular slow progress.
Have some recent sketches of various quality.
Pretty much same old stuff, just more of it :P

« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 07:07:07 AM by Suuper-san »

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 17, 2022, 10:52:20 AM »
More cuuuuute stuff c: The variety of poses and emotions in these is nice. My faves are the motorcycle one and the flying coat.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: June 17, 2022, 11:35:54 AM »
That motorcycle really is some early Toriyama looking sh*t, lol. Iean that in only the most positive way of course! I love me some deiselpunk machinery.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 17, 2022, 12:15:40 PM »
@echo thanks! I'm always on the quest for the ultimate cute, it can make for some lovely characters and expressions.
Although I'm thinking that a comic is more suited for capturing dynamic shots and characters better than single illustrations, which tend towards more carefully composed pictures.

@Coryn thanks! It started out as a normal motorbike, but I realized I couldn't draw one, so I drew what I thought one looked like and made up the rest XD. I'm also rather fond of steam/diesel/cyberpunk so I'd love to do a story like Battle Angel Alita or Ghost in the shell.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 17, 2022, 04:59:04 PM »
Well that's the th though isn't it? A regular motorcycle just looks like a motorcycle. And that's great if you're going for accuracy. But if you want a design that sticks in tbe mind, you gotta make up something that doesn't exist. Nobody is out there building replicas of the bikes from Tokyo Revengers (well, they'd probably just buy one if it appealed that much. But people sure have build a lot of replica Tron and Akira bikes.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: June 18, 2022, 04:43:35 AM »
true true, a unique design is often a lot more memorable, and desirable as merchandise. So many different things to consider for designing stuff!
Same with character designs. and even, world designs. A unique magic system, the list goes on.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 29, 2022, 05:43:23 AM »
Latest sketches. Almost getting through my block, hopefully this time I actually am.
Tidied my room up super tidy so feeling pretty good about myself for that.

Offline rusinstein

• View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 21, 2022, 10:16:38 PM »
Latest:
Still at around 10% productivity. A bit annoying but I'm making regular slow progress.
Have some recent sketches of various quality.
Pretty much same old stuff, just more of it :P

love the variety here! particularly love the first and second picture, and that bike! awesome. :)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 22, 2022, 05:44:47 AM »
@rusinstein thanks!
Variety is something I've been working on to help with working on a manga comic.
Funny all the ones you pointed out are actually higher level renders of sketch, so I guess that shows they are actually improvements! There's more details and accuracy in them as well I guess.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 02, 2022, 01:17:25 PM »
Your character group drawings always feel so cozy~
Also the use of background and props in the most recent ones feel grounded and unified somehow. Nice work!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 02, 2022, 04:36:11 PM »
@echo thanks!
I'm really getting a feel for character and prop interaction, but it takes a lot of mental processing power to figure out the motion, inertia, positions in 3d space and so on, to make the pieces balance well. Always a work in progress, I don't post the drawings that failed ahahaha
as for the "BG somehow looks alright" (lol), That's a threefold reason.
1) I only draw the BG when I can actually properly envision it (basically the bad BG never get drawn!!)
2) the ones with BG tend to be pieces that are more finished, and so have had more iterations over them to improve accuracy and add details.
3) The ones that I drew bad BG on probably didn't get posted. I draw so much that I can crop out 90% and still post a decent bunch of work ahahaha

Latest: basically drawn zero since my cosplay started and my general art breakdown.
but I've been trying to revamp my personal logo/stamp thing, which is made of my initials, REYC.
The idea is to create a logo feel that people don't realise is made of letters until it's pointed out.
This is the old version, in the style of a Japanese seal stamp: most people thought it was a maze until I pointed out the REYC hidden in plain sight

So far I've been playing around with an octagon base, in the style of this (although I didn't find this until after creating my designs, so technically my designs are based off of nothing)

The style I'm going for is a bit more of a technical feel, like a circuit board perhaps? not sure really.

Here's the versions I've created. Some are so well hidden you can't see the REYC at all, some are quite clear and not hidden enough. Very hard to find a nice balance that also looks aesthetically nice, especially when my goal is rather vague.

I'm quite fond of the ones with the solid octagon hole in the middle, as it helps the letters to merge into each other, as well as giving the logo some stability. But I'm definitely going to try for a few more versions and see waht I can come up with, maybe taking each letter in turn rather than trying the whole thing in one go.

Also not sure of the order of the letters, or their positions,  they are currently square to each other, should I rotate them 45 degrees i.e. 9 o'clock, 12,3,6 etc. Should the letters read left to right, left to right, or clockwise all the way around? So, lots of variations to try out.

See you all later.