April 19, 2024, 01:35:13 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Suuper's Artworks & Illustrations  (Read 310718 times)

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's manga (now includes digital!)
« Reply #330 on: February 06, 2016, 10:27:18 PM »
started from sketch into the colored one its beautiful id like to see more and critique it
 :D cause its very solid i mean theres nothing i can point out hha

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 06, 2016, 10:54:51 PM »
Dude! Dat Tablet. Is it only for drawing or can it read ebooks too? Because that'd be way too convenient haha

I own an older variant of the Galaxy Note 10.1, think i bought it in 2013? I wouldn't recommend an android tablet as a full drawing workstation/device. There was a little bit of lag, and the '1024' levels of pressure sensitivity mine advertised felt nothing like the Bamboo Pen series.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2016, 09:21:57 AM »
i agree i wouldnt use it for fully professional stuff. its great for sketches and basic level stuff. well you can see by my own drawings there is no significant problem drawing with it.
the disadvantage for me is that because its android, i can only run apps on it, which are often lacking in functionality. and sometimes you want a bit more control with like filters/layers/selection/copy-and-paste etc that some or most apps dont even have at all, let alone even just as good as microsoft paint.
portability is a fantasic thing with the tablet though, you can draw in comfy-chair/bed/bus/work etc, whereas a graphics tablet needs a PC to plug into, but has the advantage in control/quality and usage of PC programs.
if you have the money i would recommend both :P
There was a little bit of lag, and the '1024' levels of pressure sensitivity mine advertised felt nothing like the Bamboo Pen series.
i agree there is a sleight bit of lag. i have gotten used to it and for basic sketching i dont even notice it anymore. pressure is fine for me, although since i have only just really properly started digital, i may not yet have the experience to notice the difference yet :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »
Is it good for on location sketching and the like? Or is it better used indoors?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 09, 2016, 09:06:06 AM »
in direct sunlight the battery will go down because you have the screen brightness way up. if its a shaded area its a lot better. i cant say i have taken it out much, im too scared that i will break it. its good for walking around the house, or sitting on the sofa and drawing. someone with more guts can take it outside :P
i think to be honest i would rather take a photo and draw it later in my own comfort. or draw in paper still seems to be more workable. at least the wind cant blow your tablet around as much as it does paper :P

TLDR: probably best indoors, or shaded outdoors :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »
latest drawing:
one manga page - no story really, just a bit of layout and background testing (which i never inked). really composure more than a finished work, which is why its.....not finished :P
i wrote the text more boldly so you can tell whats going on, sorry my handwriting is not very neat!
i noticed my skill drops rapidly if i draw a lot of characters, which is why my one-shot manga came out a lot worse than my normal skill i think :P

and some male body sketches (no reference), i think i'm getting better (i hope) :P

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
The text looks nice actually. It's well drawn but all the girls kind of have the same face, it kind of looks like a clone army. I personally feel there is too much on the page in terms of panels and speech bubble but that's just me and the way I do things, it atleast flowed well. Good stuff.

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »
yeah supertramp ur getting better at the body structure and about the manga characters seems confusing sometimes but all of them are all cute  ;) nc stuff tramp

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2016, 03:00:42 PM »
The text looks nice actually. It's well drawn but all the girls kind of have the same face, it kind of looks like a clone army. I personally feel there is too much on the page in terms of panels and speech bubble but that's just me and the way I do things, it atleast flowed well. Good stuff.
thanks, yes i did feel it was a bit crammed; halfway through inking it i started to have second thoughts about the layout, but thats why i am practicing in the first place. yes i agree they did feel like clones after a while, that partly what i meant when i said my skill drops, i start to get more generic with my drawings because i am trying to draw too quickly.

good to know the text is nice, i might do handwritten text for a webcomic or less serious manga if i ever make one :P

yeah supertramp ur getting better at the body structure and about the manga characters seems confusing sometimes but all of them are all cute  ;) nc stuff tramp
thanks, sorry yes it was a bit confusing :P
i dont think i really knew what was going on myself :P

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2016, 11:46:57 AM »
You seem a lot more comfortable with anatomy nowadays, those practice pages look really great  :thumbsup:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
thanks, i think i would agree, i think i am more comfortable with it, but my focus drastically affects the level that i draw at, so its hard to keep it up for long (1-2 hour+) periods without reverting back to old habits :P i have to keep reminding myself of the drawing method i am using :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
suuper! Don't leave me in the dust too much! Haha it always seems like your studies turn out better than mine. What did you do man? I'd love to show this amount of improvement as well haha.

Comic looks quite funny. Even if it's just a one page thing, what's it about?

And believe you me, go beyond one page at a point! You'll be surprised at how fun it is to do.

Keep at it man

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2016, 05:32:33 AM »
as for studies, i just keep doing gesture drawings. instead of having a time limit for each one, like 30 seconds, i do the timing myself and skip to the next image once i am happy (that way i can spend more time if its a really decent pose/reference). generally i dont go over 30 seconds anyway. thats for paper drawing.
digitally (which is most of what i post now), i just try and remember the gesture drawings i did earlier, and try and get a feel for the thing i am studying, be it hands or feet etc

i have no idea what the manga is about, if i think too much i tend to try and get it perfect, so i just ignored everything to be able to draw it. it looks like everyone is looking for some kind of book, like maybe a magic book, but the idiot main character finds it and lets everyone know. they are all mad to get it and jump for it, and she calls to her friend for help. something like that :P

i do plan to go above one page of course, but i just want to practice layout and stuff. once i feel happy with generating a single page layout with minimal effort, i might start going to 2 etc. everything i do is practice :P

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2016, 06:39:53 AM »
Gestures are that useful to do then huh? Man, I miss that software you wrote up It gave use to the infinite screenshots I take haha.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2016, 04:00:12 PM »
im writing a more powerful and useful gesture program, i will let you know when i finish it :P
well i use it already but its still in the prototyping stage :P
if you have any ideas for it let me know i will try and incorporate them :P

yes gestures are incredibly useful, at least to me. partly the reason i made both the first program and the one i am making now was the insane amount of screenshots i have taken myself, so i know the feeling - "that might be useful reference....someday", i must have GBs of screenshots lol :P