April 17, 2024, 08:41:17 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Mick Murillo's artwork  (Read 9653 times)

Offline Mick

• watashi wa mangaka desu.
    • View Profile
Re: Mick Murillo's artwork
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »
Hello everyone. Long time I don't visit mangaraiders.com
Let me share other of my pictures with you, this time a quick color painting.

I also want to notify anyone who could be interested that I'm working on a new website: http://www.MickMurillo.com. In my new website, you can download for FREE a PDF comic book (in Spanish) and an art-book. Please check them out, especially if you can read Spanish...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:19:53 PM by Mick »

Offline Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 04:12:23 PM »
mmm... I would have liked to find some comments after the last picture: 'Girl with A Gun'.

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 04:44:26 PM »
Since this artwork was made over a year ago, I'm not sure how much improvements you've made. Otherwise, I give it a shot. :thumbsup:

- I feel like her back is over-arched. Seeing where her hip, right elbow and shoulders are makes me think she's sticking her stomach out.

- Her left hand is clearly bigger compare to her right hand.

- Finally, bending the right hand while clenching her fist makes me ask the question, "why?".

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »
Your work is amazing I must catch up (green eye monster peering From the shadows)

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »
mmm... I would have liked to find some comments after the last picture: 'Girl with A Gun'.

Her face is nicely done, but her head doesn't look like it belongs with her body.  The overall impression is more like her head, body and arms have been referenced from three different figures without matching their proportions.  The left arm wouldn't bend that far back either.

The stuff you posted earlier in the thread was far better.

Offline TheVikingOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 04:19:38 PM »
for the first drawing: Very good, I really really like it. However. You should check your hands. the one that is holding the sword. His finger bones (hope thats the right word) are a bit too round. They should be a bit bonier. (hope you know what I mean, because I'm really bad at explaining)

Offline Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
I accept the critiques you are giving regarding "Girl with a Gun". Maybe it's that I lack practice painting directly in the computer... I feel far more comfortable drawing old school with pencil and paper.

Now I share with you a recent quick painting I did: 'Violet Hair Girl', hope you welcome her. Remember to visit my website ( mickmurillo.com ) and follow me in facebook.com/mickmurillo if you want to see more from me.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:24:22 PM by Mick »

Offline Dr.Striker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »
Hi.

I would like to be of help but I don't really know how to. Can I just say I like it?..

Wait. I know. Maybe you could eh, give some more shading to the hair? I don't quite understand the shadows and highlights in the hair (regarding the color I mean). I think, I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, pretty good drawings, these look quite proffessional, given what I've seen on your website, your shading with regular gray pencil seems much much better. (By the way, the site is only in spanish?)

Did that help? Or was I just saying stuff without knowing haha, because that's entirely possible.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
I agree with striker. The hair looks a little awkward with the current color overlays. Usually a good idea is to start with a base color, then add lowlights and highlights. The way some colors interact with each other is pretty weird, so I guess that's why we perceive this problem.

Other than that the chin dips in a little too far for my tastes, although I don't consider that a flaw or anything, and I feel that with the eyes as they are that the lips should be a little more wide or that they're off placement.

Sorry, I'm being a little nit-picky. On the plus side, that is a gorgeous skin tone and well done outline, given the "sketch" feel of it.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 03:21:51 PM »
@Dr.Striker, Now you point it, I think you are right, the hair shading is strange, maybe I should add some shining highlights to give better volume.
You saw the spanish side of my website? Most of the website is in English!: http://www.mickmurillo.com/en/

@MahluaandMilk I don't fully undertand what you mean by "the chin dips in a little too far", it must be some English  language comprehension I lack. Respect to what you say of the lips, well, I like the way they are and I don't see any off placement. Thank you anyway for your valuable insight.

Offline Dr.Striker

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »
Yes I saw it indeed. Quite amazing material is in there. I'm very impressed by it.

"the chin dips in a little too far"

I think she meant that the curve of the chin shoud be a little rounder and not so long.

I think it's quite femenine and proportional as it is though, if it was me I wouldn't change the chin, it looks good to me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:42:07 PM by Dr.Striker »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »
Not a problem. Yeah, Striker gave the words I couldn't find there for you. It's probably just some stylistic difference between the way we see things.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 12:33:28 PM »
After some years here I am again sharing with you a couple of pictures. I hope you like them. Any feedback is welcomed.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 05:43:41 PM »
That's quite the comeback Mick! Glad to see we weren't forgotten!

I love the Goku piece! It's really uncommon to see any DBZ characters done in a different style. Thanks for that bit of originality!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 09:21:42 AM »
Nice pieces! I didn't realize it but like COryn said it is oddly rare to see DBZ characters like this so that's awesome! Nice colouring and style!