February 24, 2024, 09:26:31 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: FreeStyle Workshop (With Reward & UPDATES)  (Read 23106 times)

Offline SayuriOnee-chan

• I don't need a joke, I am a joke.
    • View Profile
Re: FreeStyle Workshop (With Reward & UPDATES)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »
Another question, when you say "only pencil", it's only black pencil or colour pencils too? =3

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »
Haha thanks lord xD, but I go by a schedule, and that schedule has no free time till june... Yes, JUNE.

I bet the winner would be so happy to have her/his character drawn with ur mad skillz! xP

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
hmmm

first idea off the top of my head: catgirl spacepirates in jumpsuits

now onto something worthwhile =P

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
you would lol

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
Coryn Sken:-
You can make the info imaginative BUT we focus on the character details, so the world shall wait, since it can be turned out into an essay XDD. The info will be focusing ONLY on the character which we (in the future) can market it (When you make personal Manga) and see how people react towards him/her.

Please do consider this when making the drawing of your character:-

1. Is she/he can be popular by many and attractive?
2. Will my character can be remembered in their memories and can be spot in one glance?
3. Is it can be a Manga based, action figures or animation maybe games later on?

You will need to use a bit business style in drawing in order to bring out your character wonders and compete with the others. So, it MUST be considered firstly, when people approved they want to know more, then the world comes in and so the procedures.... If you can play with the designs like in the games or anime, combining them in imaginative ways of expressions, it is a bonus yet spicy flavor ans surely be noted.

Here's my example using my Romanov:-

Name: Romanov Von Castillien @ Rom
Type Class: Multi-Purpose with upgrades.
Personality: Action speaks louder than words.
Weapons: Gunblade named "Revolver"
Info: A rebel Force Commander of the 7th Liberators Command who died but revived in the armor sarcophagus to lead the armies reclaiming back their rightful freedom that were betrayed.

You can add a bit more, just hope it won't be a long list...Prioritized which one can describe him/her best.

SayuriOnee-chan:-
Pencil in Black & White, no colors please since I want to see everyone plays with contrast and express it in depth and understanding of B/W fundamentals. This one shall help everyone on color contrast when coloring later on by using this method of B/W.

Monsterful:-
My skills are not mad, to be honest, having fun and lazy ones....X33 I just do my job as a normal Otaku.

[AERO]:-
I knew catgirl shall be the top list...X33 Good, keep finding the right spice and ingredients, then mixed it up to see how it comes out.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:27:28 PM by lordsyafiq »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »
i can work with this. just needed to know how much to put in since some explanation will be needed to explain him.

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
Glad to help you, Coryn I have post my example in the first and second page to let everyone get a view on making their own style. I use my arts in the Manga Art Gallery. Hopefully, it wouldn't cause too much troubles..TT.TT

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 04:30:33 PM »
hmm i will find a way to work in a catgirl of some sorts, but i need to work on the idea more =P

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »
Hmm, Exelica Trigger (H-Game) and Mecha Musume like Skygirls or Strike Witches 1 & 2 can be a bonus references. Not to mention artbooks which shows many of it...Or Maburaho artist, Eiji Komatsu which his arts more to Mecha Musume overall. Definitely curious to see your lovely catgirls in stunning yet attractive ways.

Speaking of catgirls, looks like GTC-dono still haven't make an appearance and AnimeDoodler..Time will reveal it surely. Now, everyone fired up, maybe due to the reward XDD Just remembered one of my proverb "Draw, Have Fun Then Seize The Reward". I'm very glad to see drawers here hyperactive, perhaps just need a push all along....

*Challenger Mode* Yosh!! I'm await your best works till dateline. Show me the purest RAIDER'S STYLE you all have in your heritage, blood, skills and drawings~~!! I DARE YA ALL TO SURPRISE ME & EVERYONE~~!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:54:41 PM by lordsyafiq »

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
doodle is still at school i think, so maybe later dunno bout GTC but he would destroy us...

hehe strike witches XD

exelcia trigger is more like i was thinking but it needs to be more original then that... *goes off to sit down and think*

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Haha, the best way is to come up with something original, attractive and out-of style. Combination is a good way but it remains to everyone on HOW to make it original by experimenting and have fun with the drawings. I would say a competition shall make everyone driven more to surpass the limits when Noob to Pros participate.

My Methods:-
I will play games, learn the designs in it also browsing books and doujinshis also watching anime to imagine my character assimilates with it. Slowly it will become something new that people never thought of. When I want to add more, I will combine it with the songs that matched the character theme with no references on the table when drawing to put my souls in it. A true essence shall come out bit by bit by having fun.

I forgot FabiaFidus when mention the duo...Haven't heard FabiaFidus but we'll see...

Offline Tostificer

• Lord Conqueror Toast
  • Bigger they come, harder they fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
Spoke to him on Skype, said he was too busy to handle this workshop these days. He will be monitoring it though, at least that's what he said.
Bros with Legomaestro since 2010. I think.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
on a similar note i dont know if doodle will participate. she's barely even been to the forum in recent months. but we shall see. it'd be a shame if she misses it

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 11:38:11 PM »
that would be a bit disappointing x_x

Offline lordsyafiq

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 02:50:30 AM »
Toasty:-
That's alright, we don't have to force everyone to join in. We shall see who make the appearance later on. In the meantime, focus on the task at hand to develop the drawing of your character. Have fun~~X33

Haha, don't worry, Doddler shall notice it sooner or later...As everyone knows, Doodler shall bust her way through anything to make drawings even took a risk X33

Haha, hocus-focus....Remember your catgirls, they need your love, [AERO] X33