June 15, 2021, 07:11:44 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook  (Read 164023 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous Arts and Sketchbook
« Reply #945 on: May 09, 2021, 12:43:52 AM »
300/1000

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 09, 2021, 06:24:43 AM »
WHAAAAATTTT!!!!!
An entire 1000 regime done in like 2 weeks?????
naniiiiiiiii

truly epic output lately, I'm sure you're gaining some fabulous experience.
definitely making me want to do another 1000 regime ahahaha

With every new milestone I see the ocean of how much more I have to put in work for and it's just ugh to be honest.
Yeah.....I've hit that from time to time...really the best way to deal with it is just ignore it and get on with work. Progress is typically painfully slow, annoyingly.

I suspected a long break again so I'm starting 1,000 cars for now until I have a definitive plan on what I want to do next.
It's amazing how quickly time passes when you dont have a solid plan... but the opposite is also true, with a solid plan, before you know it your productivity can be amazing. Just gotta figure out the plan :/

what do you think is causing the problem with the projects? are you looking to just finish old projects off to clear them from your head, or looking for new projects that can raise your skill, like a levelling project?
regardless I'm sure you'll figure it out!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:26:49 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 10, 2021, 01:24:23 AM »
Haha cheers. Well fabulous would be actually seeing it show up in comics but I'm still sorting that out. We'll see and thanks haha.

And dooo eeeeet. Regimes make the word go round.

And word up on progress. Damn, same thing with learning the guitar right now but yeah I hear you.

Re: Projects a bit of both. But I'm invested in cleaning up the old projects. I'm still getting back to you on the reply for the writing thing so short spoiler: I have about 2000 files in my Writing folder that dates back to 2013 so yeah I've just gotta have a big housecleaning situation where I check all my art and writing out and see what can be plugged into completion or just deleted.

It's ardous work but I don't expect to do it often, and it's pretty fun to be honest. Thank goodness I actually see a way to plan how to go through it step by step (tips stolen from you btw so thanks) and bring some sort of structure to all of the nonsense.

400/1000

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 10, 2021, 02:02:08 PM »
And dooo eeeeet. Regimes make the word go round.

Ahaha as If I have the time for regimes with my multiple weekly manga *sweatdrop*
To be honest I'm actually viewing my manga projects as regimes since the output is so high. also viewing something as a regime helps you to put the hours in even on bad days, so it's helpful in more ways than one.

I would definitely like to squeeze the time in for other projects, I'm adjusting my manga workflow to try and give me a tiny bit more free time to do other stuff.

I have about 2000 files in my Writing folder that dates back to 2013 so yeah I've just gotta have a big housecleaning situation where I check all my art and writing out and see what can be plugged into completion or just deleted

Firstly, wow. That's as manic as my 4k WIP sketches lol. That's certainly got promise. Even if only 1% were usable that's 20 goldmines :P

And yeah that was me about 2 years ago, when I formulated my current workflow, with stages of work, and took all my old sketches and collected and sorted them into my many WIP folders. Housekeeping is an annoying thing that has to be done but once it's out of the way you'll definitely feel like you have more direction.

I actually see a way to plan how to go through it step by step (tips stolen from you btw so thanks)

Ehehe douitashimashite.
Although I'm curious to see how you adapt the methods to your own work, I might be able to steal some ideas back off you :P

On the writing front I'm starting to get glimmerings of possibilities of ideas for workflows so there's hope for me yet.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 11, 2021, 12:29:25 PM »
500/1000

@suuper Yeah you've definitely got a regimen with what you're doing man and serious props for that. As we both know never stack the plates for fun haha. Just keep at it.

I actually finally finished organizing all the files. There was an embarrassing number of duplicates and I'm not quite out of the mood yet but it feels like a necessary weight has been dissolved and that's great. Was fun refreshing my memory about what I've done before.

You're being too suuper about your writing thing it's just fine IMO. But more on that later when I get to replying to your stuff.

Onwards and upwards

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 12, 2021, 02:40:11 AM »
600/1000

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 13, 2021, 02:10:38 AM »
700/1000

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 13, 2021, 11:39:15 AM »
They boxiness of them a really reminds me of an old school racing game my brother and I had as kids. I'll be darned if I could remember what it was called, but I got major nostalgia crossed with deja Vu when I look at them  :ohmy:

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 14, 2021, 04:08:25 AM »
You might be thinking of Hotwheels hahaha. I played something like that too. Do you remember the console per chance?

Man I miss racing games with my bros.

800/1000

Definitely going to have to bite the bullet and do the annoying line drawing excercise lol. My mechanical skills are tripping me up for daayyys.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 14, 2021, 02:27:57 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think it was some sort of flash game? That or it was on one of those "150 games!" CDs my brother and I had. But I really want to say flash game.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 15, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
Hahaha oh yeah that reminds me there was an ultra dump of Flash games coming around the interwebs. And huh. Cool.

Did you ever play Stickdeath.com games?

900/1000

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 16, 2021, 05:54:57 AM »
ah man I loved flash games back in the day, we played them at school all the time. I still have my folder with 100 or so of my favourties which I play once a year

I actually finally finished organizing all the files. There was an embarrassing number of duplicates and I'm not quite out of the mood yet but it feels like a necessary weight has been dissolved and that's great. Was fun refreshing my memory about what I've done before.
ah well, better to have it sorted despite the issues. I've not had so many duplicates myself but I've had my fair share of emotional weight with pending projects.

great progress on the regimes!

something that I've noticed is that stuff in regimes starts to turn up when drawing guidelines and stuff, so I'm looking forward to hotwheels cars in your mangas from now on!

onwards and upwards indeed.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 17, 2021, 02:59:29 AM »
Have you ever programmed a Flash game? Wouldn't put it past you hehehe and yeah definitely nostalgia central

Bahaha you better believe I'm still terrified of drawing technical stuff. I know it every new stroke I make that I seriously need an education on 3d stuff but yeah I'll try my best haha.

The duplicates thing was super embarrassing lol. I thought I had a lot more projects but it turns out I was a lazy bum and just named my half-finished scripts randomly and scattered them all around my harddrive. Welp.

1000/1000

Not sure how to punch in mechanical line drawing as a regimen so I'll see how that works. Otherwise I'll try for thumbnails or stick figures.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 18, 2021, 07:50:57 AM »
Have you ever programmed a Flash game? Wouldn't put it past you hehehe
ah I'm that obvious huh? yes indeed, I have about 10 never-finished flash games, mostly clones of other basic stuff like tetris or space invaders. Never got very far, coding in flash was a bit of a pain and I was just busy with other stuff.

I was actually making a flash game for this although I never got too far ahahaha
the closest I got was moving squares with the arrow keys :P
https://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,5751.0.html
and yikes that's 6 years of dust now :P

Bahaha you better believe I'm still terrified of drawing technical stuff. I know it every new stroke I make that I seriously need an education on 3d stuff but yeah I'll try my best haha.
There's two main aspects to technical stuff, details and accuracy
Details - stuff like nuts and bolts, plating on spaceships, exhaust ports, lights etc
Accuracy - depicting the form well through use of 3d techniques (perspective, vanishing points etc)
I can ballpark 2 point perspective just by guessing really well, which is what I'm doing in my prototype mangas currently. scrappy but I think it's tolerable. Details are annoying since you need a bit of knowledge of parts to make it look really good.

Not sure how to punch in mechanical line drawing as a regimen so I'll see how that works.
What do you mean by "mechanical line drawing", like drawing mechanical stuff like robots/machinery?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 08:00:26 AM by Suuper-san »