March 29, 2024, 06:41:50 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Arcane Judgement  (Read 39862 times)

Offline Account Disabled

• I'll write my own life's story.
    • View Profile
Arcane Judgement
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »
Okay, I may have to leave any minute, but first I'm going to try and write something down here. I figured I'd start a fantasy story since it's been the genre of story I've always enjoyed writing. Only reason I started Prey was to try something new, and I'm going to continue Prey as well, it's just that I'm going to try and write both of these stories.

So here's some half-butted explanation/summary *Turns to page in notebook to copy*:

War, plague, famine, poverty, things this world and its inhabitants know all too well, but I do not speak of the world where we reside, the world I refer to is in another dimension, yet we share the same plane (I think I spelled that wrong somehow...). It has its similarities to our world, such as sharing the name of Earth and having similar landscapes, but one must never forget a very important difference which separates us, gods. Not just gods though, goddesses as well. In this Earth resides hundreds, perhaps thousands of gods, thus filling the land with power. This must make you question why there is plague, famine, and poverty, well those are only the products of the wars. Each town, city, or even kingdom has a guardian god or goddess, sometimes even more than one, but this causes arguments between each place, they argue the powers of their guardians, they claim that theirs are better or more powerful, it is simply a battle caused by worship and religion in a sense. Also, in this world are people who are blessed by these powerful beings, they are given powers beyond any normal human. it may be a bandit or a knight, but however the power is used is dependent on the user and who gains this power is dependent on the god or, in our protagonist's case, a goddess.

I didn't want to forget I need to begin writing this story since I have a bunch of things to do next week, so this'll only be a reminder for me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:28:23 AM by Litt »
Arcane Judgement - Chapter 5 END (Now being reworked):
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=2972.0

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
Re: Blessed (Temp Title)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »
sweet its the fantasy Litts been talking about

one thing im curious about is how your going to go about designing the gods, will they be based off of the religions of our plane (yes plane is spelled right) or will they be completely out of your head

Offline Monsterful

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
A design based on ours would be very awesome, considering how many religions there are.
I just love reading about mythology and religion... mainly for having inspiration for a big story when I go pro xD

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
Right out of my head, it'd be controversial or whatever if I tried using things like Hindu gods or Buddha, Allah, etc, I'd most likely be killed by some extremists somewhere. I like thinking up things like powers and gods anyways, one of the best things about being a writer is being able to create anything you want.

The drawing of Shi (Shippa) that was drawn by Doodle in the other topic was the goddess for out main character Athans.

Updating: God people post fast, gotta change this to respond to monsterful too XD.

I might try to throw in some Greek gods at least, anything that isn't too extreme or is not being worshiped in out time period, and the idea of just a "God" that rules over all will probably be used.

Offline Iceh

• I punch cheap hookers like you for breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »
^ Haha. I hate it when you reply to something someone said above you and then another person posts in front of you and then it seems like you were replying to what they said and then it doesn't make much sense.. >_>
I always edit in a panic, worrying if they will read it. xDD

Anyways though, just read the description. Interesting stuff. I'm sure that's just the most outer layer of it though. I'm going to assume that you will focusing on certain gods and godesses...

And yeah, I think you should create your own gods. May be a lot of work.. but you won't get sued by anyone.. plus, you don't have to do research and worry about incorrect sources and getting anything wrong. (;

Looking foreward to this.......

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »
yah i guess taking gods from religions would get you blown up...

but you can allways go look at em and get ideas for naming design and powers n such

Ie: Boreas, greek god of the north wind could lead to some interesting characters
      Lakshmi, hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity, would be a good basis for a towns guardian

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
@aero: Ooh, Boreas, that god now gives me an idea, thanks [aero]. :D

@Iceh: That's right, and I dislike researching religion, too much to read. I'll have about two or three chapters by the end of next week, so look forward to that.  :tongue:

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
O_o just dont use the name, that's Chione's dad XD

Offline Iceh

• I punch cheap hookers like you for breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »
Hmm..Slightly agreeing with the title name change.
"BLESSED".. doesn't seem to "get" me.
I think you should maybe rename this thread "Untitled WIP" or something like that.. or otherwise you'll feel yourself getting too attached to the name... and then not be able to change it later.
But.. maybe that's just something I do.. xDD
So, do whatever ya want. (;

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
i agree, blessed kinda gives off the feel of a romance >_>

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »
oh i had in idea

How bout "Providence"

it can sometimes mean the care or governing of the gods

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »
I was actually thinking of adding some romance, but since this is actually going to be something more focused on action and be all shounen-like, I might change the title later on, Blessed didn't seem good to me either though it was all I coild think of.

Thanks for the suggestion [aero], but I feel like the title has to be something different...hmm...

Offline [aero]

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
ahwell i tried >_<

Offline Account Disabled

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 12:25:23 AM »
I'll think of something, but thanks anyways, I just feel I need something that could perhaps hint that there would be more than just religion in this.

Offline Fnnenn Enninn

• The Metal Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 12:30:27 AM »
If you aren't going to outright use real life religions, will you be alluding to them? I would, to spark some controversy.
Were going to party like it's 1986/ Blow in the cartridge and get ya' fix./