February 24, 2024, 08:51:40 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: ALCHEMIST YOU! What is Your Alchemist Ability???  (Read 20179 times)

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
ALCHEMIST YOU! What is Your Alchemist Ability???
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
Hey all! Sai challenged me to make my own workshop topic, so I thought Id do one on my favorite manga!

WHAT ALCHEMIST ABILITY WOULD YOU USE???? draw yourself or your own character and an ability for them to have! You can come up with a new ability or use one of the ones from Full Metal Alchemist! Its no holds barred! Have at thee!

To start, here's mine ^^

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
Re: ALCHEMIST YOU! What is Your Alchemist Ability???
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »
You're on, Doods. 8)
I'm back~~~

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »
lol

Offline Robs_ugly_artwork

• Here one second, gone the next... *poof* Ninja vanish
  • Planting the Seeds of Destruction...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »
lol, idk about you but, i have some pizza in the fridge right now and somehow i don't want to eat it anymore :-\.. all i want to do is give Doodles my all my pizza?! wth?! :huh:

anyways, interesting workshop.. but, i don't know anything about FMA.  :confused: .. can i just make up an ability entirely? .. or does it have to be somewhat like an ability from FMA?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:25:15 PM by Robs_ugly_artwork »
Judge a person NOT by their weakness.. but, by their strength.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »
why not give me some of the pizza? i dont have any food on the weekends. and since its labor day weekend i dont get to eat for three days!

good drawing though doodle. but maybe you should limit the alchemist powers to something thats actually alchemy. or at least have people explain how it works. cause i dont really get how the character changes the brains waves lengths.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »
ok, so heres the basic principle I was thinking of...:

Alchemy is basically science mixed with mystic elements. For instance (taking a character from FMA for example) he uses a glove that when he snaps his fingers creates a flame and from here he uses alchemy to change the oxygen levels in his vicinity to create the ultimate flamethrower! Its kinda like that.

To describe my power,  by sending impulses from my ring, I can reorganize different wave lengths sent to the brain to make the person I want to control do different things or read their minds. Its simple if you're trained to know how the brain works ^^

So in answer to your question rob, YES, to make your own ability is quite acceptable, in fact, its encouraged for this workshop! Try to have it resemble some sort of scientific base though!It can be as simple as having healing abilities (the purpose for alchemy XD) or it can be the ability to use...ummm. a... braclet to ..ummm.. make any metal a giant machine gun...or something XD

Good luck! I hope that clears some stuff up for you!

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 11:14:54 PM »
Basil (Like saying bass, the fish, then ill. Not basil as in the herb) - The Elegant Alchemist of Arcane

Basil comes from a noble family and was raised to be quite the arrogant prick but do not let this undermine his ability. He is known as the Alchemist of Arcane because he uses alchemy that resembles spell-casting of ancient lore. With the use of the rapier that has been passed down his family for generations, he specializes in using the elements and life forms near him to cast spells and summon abominations to do his bidding.

Yes, he is wearing earings and has a vine pattern on his pants. xD
I'm back~~~

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 11:17:06 PM »
hey, nice job sai!

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »
I just had to make a gayish-type character after seeing Leeron from Gurren Lagann. >.< I guess the story can be that the guys hit on your characters and Basil hits on those guys. xD
I'm back~~~

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 11:24:58 PM »
Doodle better post a image of someone using Alchemy. I mean in opening post. Because in FMA many of Alchemists use both hands and Alchemy circle to do things. It would help those who haven't seen the Anime.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 11:28:50 PM »
I would have an alchemic circle but... my guy is kinda coming out of the ground it was drawn on. xD It would be nice for the others to know the basis of FMA though.
I'm back~~~

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 12:01:04 AM »
I'll try to explain later...right now making tutorial...BLASTED HANDS AND FEET!!!

Offline Robs_ugly_artwork

• Here one second, gone the next... *poof* Ninja vanish
  • Planting the Seeds of Destruction...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 12:11:47 AM »
yes, i still can't quite grasp the concept of what's needed to make these alchemist powers happen (circles, exchange thingys?) :huh: .. i even watched some youtube FMA vids on it too .. but, the only thing i could find was this pretty nice looking girl named Lust!  :naughty:.. then after that i forgot what i was looking for in the first place, lol  :Embarrassed: ..

..i mean, i can just draw a character w/any old powers but, it wouldn't have anything to do with FMA..
Judge a person NOT by their weakness.. but, by their strength.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 12:18:05 AM »
Basically, in the world of Full Metal Alchemist, alchemy has taken the place of what we know to be science. Instead of using blueprints to design a machine, alchemists draw transmutation circles that look like advanced pentagrams to control their reactions. It acts like a gateway between the elements used and their final form with the alchemist being the trigger.

An example would be drawing two concentric circles with a star pattern in the center. The alchemist then places objects onto the circle like tin cans, claps his hands together, and touches each side of the circle to catalyze an alchemic reaction to transform the cans into dolls.

In FMA, the two brothers took this concept many steps further using a very complicated transmutation circle their father had designed to bring their dead mother back to life. The  transmutation failed because of the taboo of not being able to create a human soul without sacrafice.
I'm back~~~

Offline AnimeDoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 12:20:51 AM »
O.o...yera, thats basically it in a nutshell...jeez, how do you explain it so easily sai??? anyway, new tutorial will be up soon@ yeah!