April 13, 2024, 11:48:11 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Artist seeking Artist for webcomic/manga/comic  (Read 645 times)

Offline Amy12222

• View Profile
Artist seeking Artist for webcomic/manga/comic
« on: January 23, 2024, 05:54:52 AM »
I'm an artist looking for another artist to collaborate with. I need help with a lot of things. This is for a webcomic/manga/comic whatever you wanna call it. The title is Space Angel, and it's set in a futuristic world in a cosmic year of XX45. I've only done four pages and it's come to my attention that the more I work on future pages, the more I would be relying on AI art for backgrounds, (I don't support AI, but if I can't come up with anything or looking at pictures don't help then what can I do?) I'm looking for someone who can help me with not only backgrounds but cars, people, and other things.

This is a Shonen/Action/Adventure manga/comic/webcomic, there will be romance but it will not be shown forcing readers to look back and possibly reread the entire thing trying to figure out where the romance is. If one page is done, one of us (whoever has the free time) can either think up the next page, (I already have pages 1 - 10 maybe planned out, but I can still use help on those) and maybe get started, I work full time 8 hours, my shift starts at 6:45 and ends at 3:15 M-F. Even when I get home, I'm already working on art... if anyone is interested please message me.

This is unpaid, and no ghosting me either!

Here is a link to my page on Deviantart where you can already find pages 1-4: https://www.deviantart.com/evelyndavis90/gallery/70687384/space-angel-manga

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Artist seeking Artist for webcomic/manga/comic
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 01:11:56 PM »
welcome to the forum!
You will more likely get more engagement if you show a little interest in other's work, as no-one really wants to collaborate with someone they aren't familiar with, especially for unpaid work. The forum is primarily a community of artists rather than being a bulletin board for visitors, so if you stick around, and maybe even post some of your art you will find more engagement as well.

But it's great that you're working on a manga and already have done some pages! Often getting started can be one of the most difficult things. I wish you all the best for your project and hopefully we'll see you around again!!!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Artist seeking Artist for webcomic/manga/comic
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 12:15:42 PM »
Hard agreement with everything Suuper said. Going back to something you mentioned though, I'd warn against the AI art. It may feel like the only way forward, but relying on something like that gives the impression that you're searching for the easy way out, and friends, no one wants to work with someone who takes that approach.

That being said, good luck finding someone. But if you're ever trying to decide between AI and just buckling up and sucking at backgrounds until you get better, I advise the latter. The people reading will appreciate not more.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF