April 14, 2024, 12:55:23 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2024  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2024
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2024, 10:16:26 PM »
It was really tough to hear Toriyama sensei passed away. His works were really timeless . He gave comedy, story telling, characters that were enjoyed by so many cultures across the world. As i sit with it longer it is hard to accept.

His impact re-shaped manga. Many titles now wouldn't exist the way that it is without him. He is a true LEGEND and no one could have done it like.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2024, 09:40:43 AM »
When I first read the story, the AP reported it was a blood clot in his brain, which if I'm not mistaken is a long way to say a stroke. Which if that's the case, could have been stress, or could have been plain old bad luck.

Either way, he did about as well as any in that profession. It's hard to be more of a dominant influence than Toriyama.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 05:43:25 PM »
As I'm seeing more info it was mention that Toriyama sensei may not have been living the most ideal lifestyle younger.
Also to add the many stresses he put his body through while being an active mangaka in his early years.

His cause of death wouldn't be something sudden (I'm assuming and I'm trying to keep my conspiracy theorist side at bay). He may have kept his health really private and was struggling before onset cause of death.

He died young and that is not ideal.

Taking care of your health is golden. In Japan the life expectancy is higher too so to go out so young is saddening.