February 27, 2024, 02:42:22 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Japan's first script writing competition  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: Japan's first script writing competition
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2024, 05:34:14 AM »
Our team has downsized since last year, so at the moment it's just me in the writing seat and a handful of artists. This competition however I took as a personal side project, but oh golly did it eat so much time  :ninja:

Now that the deed is done, it lifts a weight off my shoulders, yet introduces more for me to carry. Project Serendetia is slated to resume this month, so I'm in full gear getting that back together for this weekend.   :-\

I have a nagging feeling there's going to be people out there that have written something that outshines everything, so I'll settle for an honorary mention. Aim for the stars, but temper your expectations  :sleep:

With everything settled, I would've loved to share what I've wrote, but alas, Japan's copyright laws are rather not fair use, and so I'm bound by silence until the competition is done to either reclaim my work and distribute to the public domain or if Fate has it, I go to start a series. Until then, it's all quiet on the writer's front  :-X
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/OPHolden

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2024, 06:02:55 AM »
@nabe well done!!!
@op you joined as well? good job! and looking forward to your project resuming!!

pffftt I'd be aiming for just the honorary mention... the amazingly skilled people that have hidden their skills until the competition are way too many XD
that being said I feel that I would only join a competition I felt I could win, so by that time I will also be amazingly skilled I hope lol

hopefully at some point we can see what you both have written!!!!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2024, 03:44:08 PM »
Im glad that other raiders seized the opportunity. MR always has more writers than artists. It's great that writers get something to look forward to like this. I could only imagine the thousands of entries. SMAC is going to have their hands full.

@op Serenditetia reminds me of the word serendipity XD. Back to business then. I agree. Writing shouldn't stop.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2024, 12:19:48 PM »
Congratulations on getting your submission in Op! Good luck!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF