March 29, 2024, 12:40:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Creative Block  (Read 2619 times)

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
Creative Block
« on: September 30, 2022, 07:21:50 PM »
For the past couple of weeks been going through a major creative block and not sure what to do. Usually I'm very day dreamy and always thinking about the future and stuff, but haven't seen the point of day dreaming lately. I feel as though I'm losing an important part of myself. Also I'm so stressed out from work tonight that I think it would really help to be able to draw some but can't think of anything to draw because of creative block.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Block
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 10:16:52 PM »
sounds like stress from work is probably causing some if not all of the block, especially as it's bad enough that you mention it.....Work can unfortunately be like that.

I tend to write lists of things that I want to draw when I'm having a good moment, and so when I have art block, I can look at the list and go through some of them. It helps sometimes when you can't think of an idea to have some already written out for you.

it might not be helpful to you, but maybe just practice drawing figures or hand poses? I find that's always useful because you will always be drawing those in your artworks, so practising them when you can can build up skill.

I dont believe in waiting for inspiration to strike before I draw something. There's always something you can draw even if it's super boring. Maybe take an older piece and try and draw it again but impove it somehow, make the pose more realistic, improve the hair, clothes , add a background etc.

sometimes a nice early sleep can help you to feel refreshed and more able to tackle the day as well as get some personal stuff done as well, like art.

and as much as everyone says it, a good exercise and diet can do wonders for helping your body to function well, which can help your mind to focus better. You don't have to jog 10k! , just a walk around the block or to the shops and back even can help.

hope some of that helps, I know art block can be a real pain to get though. all the best.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 10:18:46 PM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 09:48:58 AM »
Thanks for the advice. I don't think its so much stress from work that's causing the block as much as I'm no longer seeing the point of being my usual day dreamy self. Anyway maybe just doing some practice drawing will help as well as getting out and going for a walk when I have the time which sadly isnt often. Also my best friend suggested using drawing promts to help with creative blocks which reminds me today is the first day of inktober.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 12:59:38 PM »
ah yes! Inktober! that sounds like a perfect time to start working with prompts. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
I personally use prompts for almost all of my work. It can give you an interesting starting point, even if you change the direction later.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 06:23:40 PM »
Good news my creative block seems to be starting to go away. Managed to get started on some practice drawings on my new computer, which I plan on finishing tonight. Also managed to get started on comic book series I want to eventually someday make. Haven't really had much time to do any drawings for inktober though. Still not my usual day dreamy self but hopefully that will come back soon as I am about to move out with my boyfriend after the holidays and kind of looking forward to that. However we are going to take it one step at time. Got to see how we manage living together before we decide to commit to marriage and have kids. Still it would be nice if in a few years I'm married and have kids.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 01:14:57 AM »
moving out, and in with someone else, can be a big step and can be quite life changing literally. I hope it goes well for you!!
Having kids is a separate thing, can't say I have too much of an opinion on that but it'll certainly take up a lot of time to care for them, not to mention money, so many sure you're financially stable before planning any. Just my 2 cents.

Secondly, glad you're getting out of your block. Sometimes as humans we go through phases, I certainly have mega high powered phases that come and go, sometimes we never go back to certain stages, so don't fantasize too much about what you used to be, as that might be an old stage of life. Look forward to how you can deal with your new phase and make the most of it.

Also also, I made an Inktober thread if you fancy posting some of your work there, or posting your work in any of the other art/comic boards, we'd love to see your work!!!
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,21011.0.html

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
Yeah hopefully before I have kids I will have a better paying job. The pay at my current job isnt too bad for someone who currently lives in a studio apartment by themselves. However inflation doesn't make things better. Hopefully the economy here will get better soon. Also my boyfriend works too so that will help when we move out together. However I do think we should both get better jobs before having kids. Besides we both want to eventually work in graphic design like we studied in college. That's actually how we met. Anyway got to get to work so I'll have to cut this post short.