July 03, 2022, 05:35:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What To Do About Doubts  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: What To Do About Doubts
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »
It does sound like you were chasing that endorphin high, but doing it in a less than perfect way. But it's great that you can recognize that! If you've identified the behavior, you can actively avoid it. You just gotta check in with yourself sometimes. Ask yourself if you're legitimately feeling sad, or if you're just giving into that because you want attention.

That's not to take away from the fact that you can legitimately feel sad for no apparent reason of course. Morose moods affect all humans from time to time. There's no shame in that. It just comes down to whether or not you're actively trying to get something out of it, when you just need to ride it out instead. The caveat to this caveat being that using sadness to get something from someone is not the same as being sad and letting people know how you feel. It all comes down to if you're manipulating someone or not.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2022, 08:24:13 AM »
I just talked to my doctor and he still thinks I have ADHD and now I'm starting to have doubts all over again. I tried explaining to him I just say I have it to feel sorry for myself but he seems so convinced that I actually have it. These doubts are even starting to affect my work. I find myself depressed and not as energetic as usual and unable to keep up at work which frustrates me. I talked to my counselor yesterday but I'm still having some doubts today and I'm kind of worried I won't be able to handle work again. It's just (and this is going to sound really geeky of me) I always wanted to have some kind of super power or talent, but it seems instead I have a disability. Lately Ive been reading about creativity being a super power but Even if I do have some talent it doesn't even matter because I still have ADHD and a disability.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »
Look Indigo, whether or not you officially have it or not, you still need to address your situation in the same way. Lots of perfectly successful people have ADHD. It's not a stigma you should apply to yourself. It's just something you need to deal with. If your doctor says you have it, that's not a judgement. It's just a statement of fact. If anyone is judging you for having ADHD, then f*ck 'em.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2022, 11:57:47 AM »
Yup 100% agree with Coryn.
Having ADHD or not is the same as needing glasses or not, it's something that can be dealt with and you can learn to live with it.

But IndigoDoll I wonder why you think that having talent doesn't matter if you have ADHD? That's like saying there's no point in being able to play guitar if you are in a wheelchair - they're not really related?
And I don't think it's geeky to want to have a super power at all, I certainly would like to be talented enough to consider it a super power XD
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!