April 18, 2024, 09:14:50 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Need artist for my light novel  (Read 1885 times)

Offline MarkHolmes(lightnovelist)

• View Profile
Need artist for my light novel
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:46:37 AM »
My name is Mark Holmes, and I am a light novelist. I am a male. I found this forum in google because I am trying to find an artist that can draw for the book cover of my light novel. I am already 16 years old, so I still do not have many experience in finding an artist for my light novel, this is actually my first, and no luck because I do not have enough money to pay for an artist. I am from the Philippines, I am a Filipino trying to make a perfect light novel, but the only thing I need in order to make my light novel perfect is a book cover, but I find no luck in finding one. I do not have enough money to pay for an expensive artist is the reason why, but I am still trying to find an artist that will not ask me to pay for a big prize. My favorite anime is Yahari Ore Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru, specifically Yuigahama Yui-san. My other interest is: making inductive reasoning, I only have 2 interests.

I am really not good at making friends, so I did not think that there is a forum like this, not until I started getting stressed in trying to find an artist for my light novel.

So, my main purpose of joining this forum is not to find friends, but if it alright for you to be friends with me, I will really be happy and grateful.

I also did not join this forum expecting someone to help me, I am just doing my best in finding someone that can help me, but I will really appreciate it if you can help me. I will do my best to pay you the prize that we will agree on.

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
Re: Need artist for my light novel
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 05:57:06 AM »
Welcome :)

Maybe if you shared what kind of drawing you wanted done, details on it, you might inspire an artist to help you out!

I actually think a cover is a fair request considering I've seen people ask for artists to do entire manga for free. So I hope you find someone. Goodluck!
MissKatMilo

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 12:05:05 PM »
Good luck Mark! I know making friends can be daunting, but we're an easy going bunch here. If you just show up and comment earnestly, I am sure you will find yourself as friends with many of our members before you know it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 08:44:23 PM »
The genres of my light are these: mystery, romance, comedy, drama, and psychological.

The title is "Oftentimes Misunderstood Detective Book 1: First Best Friend"

The characters are: Mark Lewis, Angel Torres, and Jacky Taylor

Angel Torres has short hair, she has brown eyes, and she has pure black hair. She is a beautiful young woman. And um... actually, I made the character of Angel Torres while thinking about the character of Yuigahama Yui-san.

Mark Lewis is the opposite of Angel Torres. Angel Torres is very beautiful and many young men are falling in love with her, but Mark Lewis is only an ordinary young man, not handsome but not ugly as well.

Jacky Taylor is also a beautiful character, but not as beautiful as Angel Torres. She is a classmate of Mark Lewis while Angel Torres is not a classmate of Mark Lewis in the book 1.

This is the plot synopsis: Mark Lewis woke up, gets ready for the first day of the new school year. He is already in the third year of junior high school, but he still has not experienced even just one good time in school, and he also do not have any friends. He met Angel Torres in an unexpected way; and when the two became friends, they comforted each other.

The two will also encounter a criminal case which they will have to investigate. Will they be able to solve the criminal case?

I made the end of the story an unexpected end for the readers, and I am hoping that it will also be a surprise.

I hope that any of you became interested in helping me. I will also do my best to pay you back when I am already earning money by selling copies of this light novel of mine.

I will really appreciate it if you can help me.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 08:01:14 PM »
Please, I really need your help. I am already getting frustrated about this. I am really serious of publishing this light novel of mine. I have already tried the other ways that I can do in finding an artist, but I really can't. Maybe it is because I am not able to pay them a big amount of money. So, I think I might be able to convince anyone who is reading this message of mine to help me in illustrating for the book cover of my light novel.

Here are the only deals that I can make: 1. Please draw for the the book cover of my light novel, and I will pay you the amount that you want when I am already earning money from my light novel.
                                                            2. If you are talented in making illustrations but having a hard time to write, I will write for you, for free, just help me make this book cover of mine.

I already tried doing all on my own just for this light novel of mine to get published. But then, I realized that I really am not able to draw any illustration; and this is the only thing left in order for my light novel to be completed, the book 1 at least.

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 08:48:09 PM »
You could try the Deviantart forums.
I'm not a for hire artist myself, in any respect. Free or paid. So I can't help.
But you might have luck on DA.
MissKatMilo

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 02:23:38 PM »
Atm deployed so I got bad internet out here and not much to do with the little free time I even have.  Send me a discord message/request.  It takes me a long time to load anything on MR vs discord is pretty instant.

MK#9815

Offline Richard Scepton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 05:02:06 AM »
Sign me up.

Time to put my 3d rendering skills to the test!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 11:46:58 PM by Richard Scepton »
Richard Scepton, Dev, Sins of the Abyssals team, aiming to bring to life KanColle/Azur Lane/Halo/BSG together all in one mod for Stellaris

Link FFFN: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/13678946/