September 18, 2021, 07:25:57 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Looking to make an artist community in Japan!  (Read 358 times)

Offline Petersias96

• View Profile
Looking to make an artist community in Japan!
« on: June 23, 2021, 07:34:11 PM »
Hello, I’m wondering if anyone here is living in Japan and wants to join a community of artists. English and Japanese is okay! We are trying to make an artist house In Japan where all the housemates can kind of support each other and maybe collaborate on projects such as manga or animation films, we are searching for maybe 5-7 total people so if you or someone you know would want to be apart of it please let me know! Also, you don’t have to live with us, you can just come to the house and collaborate if you want. However, if you are interested in living with us, we were thinking after finding all the housemates we could all decide on a location / house together. Sorry if this is maybe a weird request but I just thought it’d be fun to maybe create like almost a small studio. Anyways, if you’re interested let me know! Oh and I can send some of our work if you’re interested. Thank you!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to make an artist community in Japan!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 03:21:04 PM »
We have some folks here who live in Japan, so you may get some hits. But even though you were self aware enough to mention it, this sounds sketchy as sh*t my dude. That's not to say your intentions may not be pure. But I'll warn both you, our members, any passing member of the net to thoroughly vet out all sides of this. Use your common sense guys. Don't take risks when there's a safer and smarter way to go about something.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Petersias96

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 07:13:34 PM »
Hey no worries! I get it sounds super sketch, wouldn’t mind doing like a zoom or something to introduce ourselves especially since Covid’s still kinda bad here. I know it’s weird but I think it’s somewhat hard to find other artists to collaborate with in Japan, so I thought creating a community to help support each other would be nice. But no hard feelings if it just sounds too out there.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 10:21:57 AM »
It's good to be open to other means of connecting first. Artist communes have definitely been a thing before, so it's not like it's a completely alien idea. I would lay down some baseline plans and rules for how you envision this thing working though. Providing some structure going into it will not only put you on solid ground, but might help attract potential collaborators if they know it's more than a vague idea.

For instance: where would you live, how would you pay for your space before the art money roles in, what is the cutoff date if things don't succeed, what kind of space you're looking for, how much space, how many people, how will responsibilities be shared, how will you deal with trouble makers within the group, how will you vet newcomers, will there be a required initial investment, etc., etc., etc..

All questions off the top of my head that I'd like answered if I were potentially looking at moving cross country to join an artist commune.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF