June 15, 2021, 06:12:30 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hi I'm Back  (Read 462 times)

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
Hi I'm Back
« on: May 25, 2021, 06:23:29 PM »
Hi I'm back here on manga raiders. I was on a discord server for manga art but they eventually bullied me for getting on then getting off when the conversation got to be too much so now I'm back here. Just can't seem to find a good community of artist online :(
It doesn't help that I don't have much time to hangout these days as I'm now working full time now that I have finally moved out on my own and am limited on transportation for now or else I would hang out more with fellow artist in my community. I find that people are nicer in person than online plus imo nothing beats meeting up in person. Anyway I hope you will welcome me back.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: Hi I'm Back
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 06:57:06 PM »
Welcome back :)

Shame to hear about the bullying on your discord... And oh boy do I know how difficult it is to hang out when you have to work all the time... :ohmy:

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »
Yeah, but I've kind of learned to expect that from people online, which is why I'm not on discord or social media that much. And yeah it is hard when you have to work most of the time it would help some if I wasn't so limited on transportation but still I work most of the day.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 08:52:23 PM »
Welcome back Indigo! I'm glad you finally got your own place! I know you were fretting about that last time you were here.

MR always welcomes back its members. Once a raider, always a raider.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »
sorry you've been having trouble with communities, generally unless everyone is of the same mindset, there will be friction of some sort. but when it turns sour that's not great.

but welcome back and cool that you've got your own place.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 08:53:33 PM »
Thanks. It is pretty cool living on my own, but at the same time I sometimes feel as though it doesn't even matter that I live on my own. However, I've learned that's just me wanting to feel sorry for myself.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 02:06:01 PM »
Living on your own can definitely be a process of learning how to live with yourself, but a worthwhile one in the long run I think. It took me a few years, but eventually I really got to the core of who I was and what I was all about.

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 11:25:19 AM »
Yeah even after almost 9 months of living on my own I'm still kind of getting use to it. 

Offline DedBrain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 06:46:00 PM »
Hey, nice to meet you. we are both going through a similar notion. I too have limited time with working full time and paying bills. Sometimes my jobs saps me of every ounce of creativity and motivation. Finding a decent Art/drawing community is also rough too. but, I am trying to turn things around and get back to being creative. I'm sure things will get better.

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 08:14:55 PM »
Yeah I'm sure things will start getting better. Was able to request a day off of work which was nice because we just got done with a sale and now have another one going on so it's still really busy to the point that sometimes during our busiest hours I can't keep up and I usually don't have that much trouble keeping up with orders. By the way I work at a fast food restaurant, which really isn't all that bad considering that I got the energy to usually keep up with orders. Also I can't really complain about the pay, but then again I live completely alone in a small apartment so I'm only having to provide for myself at the moment. I'm sure it would be different if I had to provide for a family of my own. But still here there is a stigma about working in a fast food restaurant, which I don't completely get. I mean I'm working so I'm making some money and am a productive member of society. If it wasn't for my job I wouldn't even be able to live on my own and would still have to depend on my parents. And yeah the work is fast pace but some people like me got the energy to be able to handle that kind of work. I really don't get why people think those that work at fast food places are stupid and uneducated and stuff like that. I guess it's because so many people in this world are greedy and think that if you're not making a lot of money from your job then what does it matter. Also just because some of the people working in fast food are students doesn't mean that people who work in fast food are all uneducated and stupid. I graduated from high school and have a two year college degree so I'm not uneducated. Sorry if I'm kind of ranting but I just don't quite understand the stigma of working in fast food. Maybe that's because I've been working in fast food for almost 2 years now.  Anyway I'm trying to make time to get out more even though I'm usually busy. I get 2 days off a week so it's just a matter of making the most of the time I get off every week.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »
The stigma is definitely real. But anyone who believes fast food workers aren't hard workers (or anyone in the service industry for that matter) clearly never had to do the job themselves. They are also blind to the fact that it's not just a job for high schoolers, although that is definitely a major perception propagated by lazy screenwriters.

Don't let the naysayers get you down though. What matters is that you can pay your bills. Doesn't matter how it gets done as long as no one is getting hurt. If anyone says otherwise, they aren't worth their salt.

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 09:54:10 PM »
Thanks sorry if I was kind of ranting earlier. It's just people don't realize that odd jobs like fast food are a good start. But then again I use to kind of look down on fast food jobs myself until I began to realize that my first job won't be my dream job but will be a start. Anyway been looking at other opportunities and might be getting a job more in my field doing social media for a sewing company. It will be nice to finally do something in graphic design which I studied in college. I'm really hoping I'll get this new job soon.

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
well thats why its called "Discord" XDD

sorry, yeah, i feel ya about getting bullied, i used to be in the Tapas community before they started to just outright insult me cause I had too many depressive episodes. (Regarding looking down on people, one insulted my friend cause shes a Middle school teacher which, in their words. are too lazy to actually teach the kids, unlike a highschool teacher. same person who said this to my friend told me they were happy to know they were richer than me)

the forums have calmed down but its still pleasant here!

Click the Banner to Read

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 08:08:13 AM »
I don't get people cutting down teachers either. Though I would agree that somethings about the school system here needs to change someone's still got to educate our kids. Also from my experience in middle and high school middle school students can be just as hard to handle if not even more to handle than high school students. Also I never realized the importance of schools in our communities until just recently with everything that's going on in the world today. Until recently I had decided that I'd I ever have a kid I would homeschool them but now I'm changing my mind and if I do have a kid I will have them go to school but most likely I'll have them go to private school then public school.