March 29, 2024, 08:12:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Nothuman learn to draw like a human  (Read 4472 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Nothuman learn to draw like a human
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
Yeah, they are. I'm still more on traditional art because my hand can't seem to get used to how smoothly a tablet pen glides over without resistance. But, because of that, I can appreciate how organic whatever pen you're using looks in comparison to a ballpoint pen. It creates a nice contour sketch overlay to mimic a screentone, but not exactly.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 05:10:44 AM »
Yeah, they are. I'm still more on traditional art because my hand can't seem to get used to how smoothly a tablet pen glides over without resistance. But, because of that, I can appreciate how organic whatever pen you're using looks in comparison to a ballpoint pen. It creates a nice contour sketch overlay to mimic a screentone, but not exactly.

I know exactly what you mean. I had the same issue for a long time.  I recently purchased an iPad Pro to draw on and, by itself, it's super slippery like I'm ice skating with with the pen tips. It took a combination of "paperlike" screen protector + the right brushes + and just drawing a lot on it(6+ months) to really *click*. It felt like learning how to ride the bicycle again, if that makes sense! And don't get me started on when the screen protector's grip wore off... a whole week of not being able to work on my projects drove me insane!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »
I personally like the smoothness of the graphics tablets, for some reason I never had an issue adjusting to that specific difference from my previously main pen and paper.

so far my screen tablet hasn't had any issues but I'm dreading when it finally breaks for whatever reason :/

I loved the futon comic! even with the low quality detail it was easy to see what was going on. and for the same reason I'm also doing my low quality comics, just to get practice in.
Also, nice to see the Japanese! you speak Japanese? yoroshiku~!

the Mikasa sketch was super nic.

also really cool green panel there, more detail on that foreground tree than my entire forests in my manga :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 08:14:41 PM »
I personally like the smoothness of the graphics tablets, for some reason I never had an issue adjusting to that specific difference from my previously main pen and paper.

so far my screen tablet hasn't had any issues but I'm dreading when it finally breaks for whatever reason :/

I loved the futon comic! even with the low quality detail it was easy to see what was going on. and for the same reason I'm also doing my low quality comics, just to get practice in.
Also, nice to see the Japanese! you speak Japanese? yoroshiku~!

the Mikasa sketch was super nic.

also really cool green panel there, more detail on that foreground tree than my entire forests in my manga :P

My reply keeps on erroring out...

edit: let's try this again.

I think the smoothness thing, for me, has mostly to do with iPad glass screens + plastic tip. I don't recall having the same issue on any Wacom tablets and I rather like drawing on my galaxy note(pen has a rubber tip).

Thank for reading my futon comic! I've always had this weird fear of doing more than 4-koma comics so it felt good to concquer it! I'm very proud of it, even more so than some projects that have taken significantly longer lol

And I can speak a little bit of Japanese! Nihongo sukoshi dekimasu! dakedo, mada nihongoryoku ga tarinai node jishin ga nain desu yo ne w

I haven't had time to illustrate much as of late but that's mainly because I've been really focusing on trying to get off my butt and learn to draw manga. They're still in the rough/nemu stage but, if you'd like, please take a look here on my google drive. It's my "first" real attempt so please feel free to leave any feedback as I definitely need it!

^ if this breaks any rules, please let me know! I was confused as to where to post it since it's still incomplete.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 08:34:32 PM by nothuman »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 01:37:59 PM »
sou ka, sou ka, ganbatte kudasai! watashi mo nihongo wo benkyou shiteimasu, hotondo anime kara manandeimasu!!
unfortunately you can't type Japanese characters otherwise you will get an error posting (I finally figured that out ahaha)

posting links is only allowed if you have passed 25 posts (to discourage people creating accounts just to advertise)
the link itself is fine, but might get removed by a mod

you are right there is no exact place to post work-in-progress mangas, although you could probably create a "Manga Name (Work in progress)" style thread title in the manga stories board and that'll be fine. each board is somewhat flexible for what's allowed where. I mean my 4 current projects have "prototype" in the title and I'm using draft style quality so there you go :P

I had a look at your story, there were good funny parts all over and basically easy to follow despite the draft quality. The only nag was that I didn't really get much of who the main character was or where they came from, like is this a reincarnation/isekai story and they've just arrived? he tries to figure out what happened but there's only one panel saying what happened previously regarding another character we dont know. It might be good to have a line such as "...and then I tripped on a rock and suddenly everything went black, and then I woke up here!", or "I just can't remember what happened afterwards for some reason..."
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2021, 03:14:01 PM »
sou ka, sou ka, ganbatte kudasai! watashi mo nihongo wo benkyou shiteimasu, hotondo anime kara manandeimasu!!
unfortunately you can't type Japanese characters otherwise you will get an error posting (I finally figured that out ahaha)

hai, arigatou gozaimasu! otagai ni ganbarimashou! suuper-san no nihongo ojyozu desu ne!  :thumbsup:

That's what it was! Ahh, that's unfortunate! Romaji it is!

posting links is only allowed if you have passed 25 posts (to discourage people creating accounts just to advertise)
the link itself is fine, but might get removed by a mod

Hmmm I see. Maybe nobody will notice and I'll get to to 25 posts first. It's a race! lol

you are right there is no exact place to post work-in-progress mangas, although you could probably create a "Manga Name (Work in progress)" style thread title in the manga stories board and that'll be fine. each board is somewhat flexible for what's allowed where. I mean my 4 current projects have "prototype" in the title and I'm using draft style quality so there you go :P

So I wasn't being blind as usual, that's good to know. I'll try taking your advice! By the way, what do you use to host your images, if you don't mind sharing?

I had a look at your story, there were good funny parts all over and basically easy to follow despite the draft quality. The only nag was that I didn't really get much of who the main character was or where they came from, like is this a reincarnation/isekai story and they've just arrived? he tries to figure out what happened but there's only one panel saying what happened previously regarding another character we dont know. It might be good to have a line such as "...and then I tripped on a rock and suddenly everything went black, and then I woke up here!", or "I just can't remember what happened afterwards for some reason..."

Thank you for taking your time to read through! I'm glad you found some enjoyment :)

I think you're right! I think there are two moments when he thinks about what happened to prior to waking up. One moment is when he thinks about his senpai, "did we fall?" but it makes his head hurt so he focuses on finding a way out instead. I might need few more moments like that to really sell it. I'm also playing around with a one page intro where it drops few more hints... what do you think?

I "finished" chapter 2 pencil drafts yesterday. Please take a look before the mods get me! I think I'll transition into creating a new thread once I find a more convenient image host.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:12:45 PM by nothuman »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2021, 03:44:29 PM »
hai, arigatou gozaimasu! otagai ni ganbarimashou! suuper-san no nihongo ojyozu desu ne!  :thumbsup:
ehehehe doumo :D
anata no kanji wa kirei desu yo ~ kanji ni kyoumi ga arimasu ka?

It's a race! lol
ahaha go for it :P

what do you use to host your images, if you don't mind sharing?
I use imgur. it's a bit annoying since to keep the images in order I have to upload one at a time, but that's only dragging the file over, waiting 5 seconds and moving the next one.
(incidentally you can right click any image and view in new window/tab, and see the host address in the URL)

I think you're right! I think there are two moments when he thinks about what happened to prior to waking up. One moment is when he thinks about his senpai, "did we fall?" but it makes his head hurt so he focuses on finding a way out instead. I might need few more moments like that to really sell it. I'm also playing around with a one page intro where it drops few more hints... what do you think?

I re-read and I completely missed your explanation page, probably partly because the handwriting was a bit tough to read I might have skipped it ehehehe. That being the case I think there's enough explanation for now, and reveal more bit by bit as you want. I miss details a lot so do point it out to me :P

also I only just realised but you're doing right to left format, I automatically assume that english comics are left-to-right (as many people do for my japanese-style formatted manga), and so that might have messed with my comprehension. (that's why on almost all of my comics I have a "read right to left!" warning :P)

chapter 2:
The "halt halt halt" reminded me of the scene in Wall-E, and so I heard it in the robot's voices.
very good action scenes and sequential movements between panels, loved the sumo landing failure and the points panel judge mushrooms.
very epic cliffhanger indeed, love the new character design.

man I wish I could compose as dynamic as that, my manga is just so dry ahaha
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 03:50:09 PM by Suuper-san »

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2021, 04:40:54 PM »
Kanji desu ne. Meccha kyoumi arimasu yo! Jitsuha, mainichi nihon ni iru tomodachi to chatto toka denwa shimasu~ tanoshii desu yo ne :)

I use imgur. it's a bit annoying since to keep the images in order I have to upload one at a time, but that's only dragging the file over, waiting 5 seconds and moving the next one.
(incidentally you can right click any image and view in new window/tab, and see the host address in the URL)

Ahh yea, that's the host I was trying desperately to avoid lol! Hmmmm decisions decisions. Thanks anyways!

I re-read and I completely missed your explanation page, probably partly because the handwriting was a bit tough to read I might have skipped it ehehehe. That being the case I think there's enough explanation for now, and reveal more bit by bit as you want. I miss details a lot so do point it out to me :P

also I only just realised but you're doing right to left format, I automatically assume that english comics are left-to-right (as many people do for my japanese-style formatted manga), and so that might have messed with my comprehension. (that's why on almost all of my comics I have a "read right to left!" warning :P)

That's good to know! That text box IS rather small, I think I forgot to change it while shifting around the panels. Definitely have to make it more legible when I finalize the page. And it's my fault for not putting right to left disclaimer, gotta make a habit of doing that, too.

The "halt halt halt" reminded me of the scene in Wall-E, and so I heard it in the robot's voices.
very good action scenes and sequential movements between panels, loved the sumo landing failure and the points panel judge mushrooms.
very epic cliffhanger indeed, love the new character design.

man I wish I could compose as dynamic as that, my manga is just so dry ahaha

Wall-E is one of my favorite Pixar flicks so I take that as a big compliment! Even though I remember very little of the movie... lol

My education background is in animation... which has been a blessing and curse. On one hand, I got to draw a ton (against my will some times) and it taught me how to storyboard as well as other transferable fundamentals... but on the otherhand, it was--and still is--difficult for me to break out of the "continuity first" mindset, which puts me in a very rigid creative box. But thanks to all the posts and user created manga I've read on this forum, as well as resources available on the internet, I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of it!  :clapping: :clapping:

With that said, it makes me really happy and relieved that you were able to follow my pages. Thank you for your positive comments! I feel much confident about moving forward to the next chapter now!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:43:35 PM by nothuman »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »
*Reports you to myself*

It's too late! I've tracked down you and your deviant behavior! Mahwhaha!

No worries though dude. You're only 4 posts shy and have shown a legit interest in being on the forum. The 25 post rule is really just so we can point to something when someone's acting sketch. Forum rules fall beneath mod and admin discretion.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2021, 01:30:20 PM »
*Reports you to myself*

It's too late! I've tracked down you and your deviant behavior! Mahwhaha!

No worries though dude. You're only 4 posts shy and have shown a legit interest in being on the forum. The 25 post rule is really just so we can point to something when someone's acting sketch. Forum rules fall beneath mod and admin discretion.

I appreciate that very much! I'll be on my best behavior, I promise  ;)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2021, 10:49:01 AM »
@nothuman you've got an animation background huh? that's epic. As you say, very useful for sequential stuff like action, but perhaps difficult to do other stuff. Its always interesting as everyone has a different skillset but we're all aiming at the same thing of drawing a manga.