April 19, 2024, 08:52:05 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: New Artist  (Read 2092 times)

Offline RacherrieArt

• View Profile
New Artist
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:17:38 PM »
Hi! I'm Rachel! I go by that, Racherrie, or RacherrieArt! I'm an artist trying to make it in this big wide world. I want to make a comic, manga, and/or Webtoon, but sadly, I'm not confident in my writing skills what so ever.

I'm down for anything short of NSFW, excessive gore (like stuff that would be rated R), or BL/Yaoi or GL/Yuri. Besides that, I'm down for anything for any target audience or genre.

My style is mostly anime inspired, with my biggest inspirations being Kohei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia) and Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist). At the moment I draw mostly fan art, but like I said, I want to get into comics and manga. I'm better at drawing women, being a woman myself, but I'm practicing men and children too.

I'm on this forum mostly to meet writers, but I also just want to explore. If you are interested in seeing my art, check me out on Instagram, Tumblr, or Twitter (same username)

Thanks and I look forward to meeting and possibly working with y'all!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: New Artist
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 01:51:51 AM »
welcome to the forum!
if you keep practising you will definitely improve, and fanart is a good way to stay focused while you are learning.
But drawing your own characters and art is also something very important!

I'm a man but still better at drawing women ehehehe

I'm also working on my writing skills at the moment as I want to be a manga/comic writer too :D
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: New Artist
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 11:58:18 AM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders!

Glad to see your working on your weaker points! The same goes for writing to though. If you aren't struggling a little bit, then you aren't getting better.

Just a heads up: we try to keep things PG-13 or so around here. We do have kids who join as members after all. But it sounds like you shouldn't have to much of a problem. I only bring it up because you mentioned it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF