June 15, 2021, 06:33:03 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Omega World [Prototype]  (Read 802 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega World [Prototype]
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2021, 05:56:19 PM »
Chapter 9 - Fire Burning in Our Hearts

Chapter 9 - Fire Burning in Our Hearts

Bonus: Chapter Title Pages 2-5
Spoiler

Thoughts:
I noticed something interesting with this story - I’m trying to include slice-of-life Isekai elements but also shounen style plot stuff, and so I’m struggling to fit in everything I want into each chapter. I don’t know if that’s just I can’t compact my writing yet or I’m trying to put too much in or what. Also I’m not sure how the two different genres interact and it’s giving an interesting flavour to my chapters.

Also I’m apparently using the same format for each of the spells, I guess that makes it easier in some ways although I would have liked to have flexibility. But having a solid system makes it easier in some ways as well, so it’s good for a prototype method and it gets me used to writing magic-babble with some restrictions.

Depending on the manga you read, some have spells written out whereas others just use the names. I don’t know the pros and cons, but I think it’s nice to have the full spell, it’s like poetry and flavour text sort of thing. It just takes up a bunch of panels to do it though, so I tried to abbreviate it with just implied speech bubbles sometimes, as well as include a method in my system that allows the spell to be abridged anyway.

The script expanded into two chapters this time as well and so I had to make an interesting cut-off point when I wasn’t expecting it.

I tried to show time passing quickly with the exchange ebwteen Will and Dariel as they do chores, although the conversation is coherent. I’m sure ive seen that donebefore, but I don’t know how well it came across witht eh jumps in location.

I have my MC struggle to use magic first of all (as well as my other story) because I absolutely hate the Isekai stories where they can just use magic without any issues at all. To me that’s catering to people’s desires to have rewards without hard work, and that’s just contrary to common sense and isn’t good for writing any sort of story. Overpowered characters, written well, like One Punch Man, work, but otherwise you’re just writing a catalogue of special effects and weak clichés. But even in One Punch Man he had to work 2 years or something to get that ability.

have fun.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:06:05 PM by Suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega World [Prototype]
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 04:10:58 AM »
Bonus: Chapter Title Pages 6-9
Spoiler

Just the chapter title pages this week, see my writing thread for why.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!