May 28, 2022, 11:06:59 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Echo Archives  (Read 122808 times)

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
Re: Echo Archives
« Reply #690 on: April 17, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »
Hello hello! Gosh, it's been a while. I had also been inflicted with the "unsafe site" on the chrome - when I remembered I could just open MR on another browser. Welp.

How is everyone doing? Let's see... for myself, I've been ping-ponging between writing and drawing. I started a new fantasy game isekai writing project. As for art, in preparation for Artfight in July, I've been doing character icons. Next is drawing their full body refs ooph. Must conquer!

Here are some of the things I've done in the past month! Haha, definitely have been lots of learning and practice @Coryn.

But the lines for the hands were quite thick compared to the rest of the piece so it looked like gloves? wasn't sure.
Oop. You're right. Being satisfied with thin lines is one of my struggles. I always tend to lean towards thicker lines.

Update -- All digital art this time.

Characters are from my story Charred Life.
- Roun, Kiaut, Nanik
- Relz, Kawyn, Cyan
- Kerry, Avery, Jeremy

References from characters that were created during art challenges

Recently I've had an interest in doing painty-ish backgrounds. I found a video with simple steps to follow along and have just been practicing, trying to get a feel for it. CLIP brushes have helped so much!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:50:01 PM by Echo_River »
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2022, 04:22:53 AM »
Great work!
Lovely to see so many coloured pieces!!
The headshots are all fantastic, hard to pick a favourite, but I'd go with middle-right because I like how the hair flows. I've been trying to draw more random hair strands myself, it's quite difficult getting the curves right on each one :/

Love the backgrounds as well. I must say at the moment I prefer your traditional backgrounds that you have done in the past, but as you get more used to the digital methods I think they will look even better. But a full colour piece does have an extra charm to it all the same.

Having good brushes can definitely help with adding textures and details. I try and make my own brushes where I can for good practice in understanding how texture is made. GIMP has an option to use a "clipboard brush", where you can draw a little shape and then copy it, and instantly use it as a brush. I find that useful for testing out an idea for a brush, as well as duplicating items, like a snowflake or something, around the scene.

Being satisfied with thin lines is one of my struggles. I always tend to lean towards thicker lines.
Saaaaame, I can totally relate to that, my current style uses quite thick lines, but working with a higher resolution image is helping with getting them a bit thinner I think.

Keep us posted on the game! Very exciting stuff :P
I started learning how to draw to make game graphics, so it's something that's very close to my heart :D
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 18, 2022, 01:04:45 PM »
Gosh dang do I love Juniper's design! It's probably just me, but since I've been playing a fair amount of FF14 recently, her design really reminds me of the rouge class characters in that game.

I also really love the shape of Kerry's eyes! There's something vaguely threatening about them, and I mean that as a compliment, lol.

By-the-by, you should be able to click under the 'more options' button when chrome declares a site unsafe, and choose to proceed anyway. At least as long as you're on your own network.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF