September 18, 2021, 06:06:45 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Help! Found a plot idea from years ago. Don't know what to do with it.  (Read 596 times)

Offline Frozenaaple

• View Profile
I found this plot I wrote from when I was like twelve and it seems really cool but I don't know what to do with it.

It's basically a world where supernaturals live and humans are the lowest of low. We're basically trash there. But the female lead(Charlie) wants to prove that humans aren't weak and fights and does pranks to the 'bullies' who look down on them.

One supernatural guy(don't know his name) happens to be her number one enemy since they're always clashing (and she miraculously survives each one). However, he begrudgingly seeks her help when he is framed for killing the president.

Seeing a chance to prove her worth and catch the real assassin she accepts. The two go out of their country to a no man's land which is the home of hitmen and criminals to find out more about the person hired to kill the president.

---------------------------------------

Synopsis: In an alternate Universe of the earth where supernaturals roam its quite obvious who's at the bottom of the food chain. Yes, you guessed right. Humans.

"I watched your father take his first steps. Do you know what that means homo?" He sneered.

"Other than the fact you're a perverted grandpa?" She shot back.

A hiss from the sidelines. "Burn."

Of course with being the weakest creatures on the planet there's bound to be at least one rebel out of the lot.

"Are you talking about the Simpson's girl? The one who busted Uncle Ross?"

"I heard she pissed on Jonny's screen."

"The PED got a hold of her, then let her out the day after. Her ass was too much to handle."

And with being the rebel comes with earning a name, and gaining some enemies...

"This is the last time homo. You better watch your back from here on out."

"Oooh I'm shaking in my bones." she smirked.

"You better be." he glared, a vein appearing at his neck. "The next time, no one's gonna save you."

But when a chance comes to prove your worth with an opportunity presented by none other than the sworn enemy himself, things are bound to get interesting...

"Suspect is on the move, heading towards the homo zone."

:::::

"I need your help." He said quietly, eyes focused on hers.

:::::

"-president was shot dead last evening on his way to the State house. The fugitive suspect made his way to the Homo Sapien District and stole a patrol vehicle. Resources say he has taken a human as hostage and is currently in the free zone..."

::::

"This isn't a game Charlie. The people out there aren't like me. If they catch you, they will kill you."

"Its just like the old man used to say. As long as you don't get caught, the game isn't lost."

Yep, things are definitely bound to get interesting.

I thought it was cool at first but now I'm stuck. I've got so many questions about their world and people as well as the villains and backgrounds but don't have a single clue on the answers.

If it isn't too much I'll like your thoughts and ideas about this. Thanks for reading.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Found a plot idea from years ago. Don't know what to do with it.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 04:39:50 PM »
Since you've most certainly matured since then, you can think to mature your story along with it. Build your world outside of just your typical "high school drama" and perhaps look at it from a broader lens. Perhaps since this is a reverse situation where humans are the slaves in this supernatural world, it can be a freedom-fighter story. The girl leads a peace movement to give her people equal rights, or perhaps is a wanted terrorist. Only the protagonist is blamed for the president's death (perhaps because she's openly against the president?) and not the real villains behind the scene (Whoever they may be). You can really start to develop big plot twists out of this mystery.

Hope that gives you a start to look forward to!  8)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3

Offline Frozenaaple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:30:10 PM »
I guess I could work with that. I'll try writing the first chapter and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 06:57:02 AM »
Quite intense for a 12 year old to write!

I think that there is definitely potential here, but I agree with Operative that the idea could mature with you.

You essentially have a whole overarching plot outline:

A Human girl fights against oppression by supernaturals - A Supernatural is framed for a killing - He enlists the girl's help to clear his name - they investigate - they clear his name.

There are specific questions I would ask here and have an answer for right off the bat:

Who are the real antagonists and what are their goals? - Are they Supernaturals or Humans? If the former, maybe the victim was trying to turn humans into Supernaturals, which would upset the current power structure; or if you stick with the President angle, then maybe they were going to pass laws that protect Humans. If the latter, perhaps this was a poorly thought out hit with terrible consequences for everyone - like all out war escalation - otherwise I cannot see a reason why the Human girl would not be ok with the killing of a Supernatural...

Why is the girl the specific person the Supernatural guy enlists, i.e. why would she be able to help clear his name? - I tend to try to simplify things when I have to answer these kinds of questions (because then you tend to get closer to Okham's Razor in your eventual narrative reasoning). Does she have contacts that he doesn't, for instant Supernaturals who are sympathetic to her cause? Was it a rogue element of a Human movement? Is she just the best detective in the world now, or simply just so strong that he needs her muscle?

Why would the girl help? - Perhaps he can offer her something she wants for her movement? Perhaps he is offering up the heads of Supernaturals worse than him? Perhaps he is genuinely turning to her cause? Perhaps he is dying anyway so doesn't care if she kills him after? - again, I don't recommend trying to go too complex here, at least in early itterations of the writing.

Anyways, I agree that the best thing you can probably do is just sit down and start writing some material. Get a first draft (preferably of as much of the story as possible) done, and then see if it works and can be improved upon in re-writes.

Best of luck!

Offline Frozenaaple

• View Profile
Thanks for the tip! I really like how you broke things down it makes it so much easier. It also helped me realise some errors. I'll certainly keep your words in mind.