March 29, 2024, 04:50:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Princess Gisel  (Read 3183 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Princess Gisel
« on: December 20, 2020, 09:56:02 AM »
m unsure what to call this right now, Im sure I can come up with a better title, but thats the placeholder for now.

This is a manga story Im working on right now. About a Princess in a fantasy country, the sole survivor of the royal family after the palace was seiged and them murdered. The inspiration for the basis is "Anastasia". And I mean the general belief that people believed she lived like Anna Anderson, not the Don Bluth movie.

The rest, the themes, drawings and such are more liek the old shojo stories like "Rose of Versallies", and in particular "Bride of Deimos" and works by Kaori Yuki, like "Godchild" and "Grand Guignol Orchestra". Old fashioend settings with horror themes.

Heres some examples of the work

Its proving very hard to do all these detials mind all alone, so Im appealing for donations. So that I can pay for inkers and such. I have used them in the past and writers(a friend wrote the story here in particular). This is, really hard, I cant do it all alone, certainly not the amount it is. Its proving to be near 60 pages so far.

I mean look at works like this. NO way the artists did these all alone.

So, if you would like to see this story come to life, and quicker, if its piqued your curisoty, please consider donating to my patreon, even kofi. Or if you like commision me! Im willing to work for it. And I dont think my prices are too expensive.

I'd be happy to get support or save up for any of my works, Ive been using outsider help more now and it can be expensive.

If you'd like to see whether or not its worth while you can also look at my other works. I have finished three issues of other works and have some other things in progress. Take a look at those and see for yourself. Or even just my art in general(its improved Id say, like anyones). Maybe even share with a friend if you think they'd be interested.

https://www.deviantart.com/stardustpink/gallery/61869296/manga
https://www.deviantart.com/stardustpink/gallery/58211699/araminta-manga
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2887585
https://ko-fi.com/B0B2TZJE

Thank you for your time. Feedback is ever appriecated.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Princess Gisel
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »
Heres an example of what it would be like finished. I havta do some pages myself, but it would be easier and quicker to have assistants to ink. This was hard I wont lie

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:43:32 PM »
Best of luck with your project and finding other people.
I work solely on mine after work. I enjoy the freedom solo projects give me but it isn't for everyone else.

Digital is good because its super cheap, no costs :) (once you already have a good tablet/software to be fair.) once you have those you'll be set for years! No extra costs.
MissKatMilo

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 03:09:20 PM »
I hope your project is successful!
If I were not in a project already I might have offered to help you with inking tbh. Real shame. That being said I'd really like to help out, can you give me a sample sketch page for me to ink so see if I can do it (no promises but I'd like to help)
I like the sketches you have done so far, and great example page.

This was hard I wont lie
Out of interest how long did it take you to draw?

This is, really hard, I cant do it all alone, certainly not the amount it is. Its proving to be near 60 pages so far.
I'm so sorry to hear that it's difficult for you.
Can I ask, is the issue that it will take too long to complete, i.e. you have a deadline? or it's just really hard like skill wise to reach the level you want?

I mean look at works like this. NO way the artists did these all alone.
To be honest, these are almost at the level of detail I can draw at (although I cant draw as good ahahaha)
I just posted some manga that I have traced, in a reasonable timescale, so maybe this will give you something to compare against. Here is the post

All the best!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:42:45 PM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 09:45:55 AM »

I need help and I need money to hire such help. If you enjoy my works, please consider supporting me on patreon so they can continue and you can read them? Specifically right now, I need help for writers and inkers for "Legends Of Ocelot" and "Araminta"

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:47:48 AM by stardustpink »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 07:21:37 AM »
an interesting story so far again, must have missed this one when you posted it.
I can't say I like the use of the semi-transparent brush, such as in the bottom left of the last page. it sort of looks too sketchy, and detracts from the higher quality of the lineart. a gradient might look better, or use a more textured brush to make it look more natural.

and sorry to hear about the funding issues, I hope it works out for you.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!