March 29, 2024, 01:20:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: New Horror Mangaka  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
New Horror Mangaka
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »
Hi, just got here, how u guys doing?

i'm a 25 y old male Brazilian, an artist fascinated by manga/anime, horror about werewolves and the 80's. So a long time ago i decided to mix my 3 favorite things and create an Action/Horror Manga.
My favorite animes are Mushishi, Naruto, Parasyte, Hokuto no Ken and a manga called Green Blood.

Hope we can all get along :D

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: New Horror Mangaka
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »
I loved Mushishi :D
welcome to the forum!
If you read manga you might like The Promised Neverland
oh now that I look it has an anime, whoops missed that :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 12:38:23 PM »
Thank you! Mushishi is my #1 fav anime, it's really good! :D
I've heard about Promised Neverland, many people were saying it has one of the best arcs you can read in a manga. Since i'm curious, i might read it when i have some time ( i'm one of the few that prefers manga over anime :hmm:).

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 01:04:25 PM »
Mushishi is my second favourite anime/manga after Barakamon! They really captured that feeling of wonder and adventure with the gorgeous worldbuilding that surrounds the episode by episode stories :)

I’m very into eldritch horror at the moment, but I’m also a fan of gothic stuff too, so I’m excited to see what kind of art you are willing to share with us!

Welcome to MangaRaiders, I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 01:12:55 PM »
I used to be a lot more into anime than manga, but since focusing more on my art I've found that I like the different styles that manga can offer, so I'm a lot more in favor of manga these days as well :D
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders! Mushishi is tight! I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »
Mushishi is my second favourite anime/manga after Barakamon! They really captured that feeling of wonder and adventure with the gorgeous worldbuilding that surrounds the episode by episode stories :)

I’m very into eldritch horror at the moment, but I’m also a fan of gothic stuff too, so I’m excited to see what kind of art you are willing to share with us!

Welcome to MangaRaiders, I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Hi, Thank you.
I've never heard about barakamon, seems pretty interesting. ever since i finished mushishi, i've been searching for another anime that would give me that indescribable feeling that only mushishi atmosphere could give.

I used to be a lot more into anime than manga, but since focusing more on my art I've found that I like the different styles that manga can offer, so I'm a lot more in favor of manga these days as well :D
yeah that's one of my main reasons for liking manga, and that when i'm watching anime, i'm always pausing the scenes to analyze the art, perspective, colors... it kinda kills the immersion  :confused:

Welcome to MangaRaiders! Mushishi is tight! I look forward to seeing some of your work.
Thank you! i'm just finishing some drawings and soon i'll upload some of my works here  :D

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 12:38:25 PM »
Oh Barakamon is a great series, but it's completely different to Mushishi... no supernatural or spiritual stuff, just a big bundle of happiness :P

For something like Mushishi specifically... I guess Princess Mononoke captured a lot of the supernatural elements in a similar feeling way... and it's a weird recommendation but I feel like Bartender captured a similar tone and atmosphere to Mushishi.

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 11:37:26 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, recently i've been in a really busy schedule.
What i like about mushishi is not the supernatural itself, but the animation, art style, and most importantly the music that's so good and relaxing.

All you recomendations seems interesting, might give a try to all of them, specially Bartender, it seems pretty good and also unusual for an anime.

Offline araithiel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »
Hey Notivago, welcome to the forum. Horror and werewolves in particular have been pretty fringe for a long time so fun to see someone trying to bring more of it back (it's also definitely a European/American thing so yeah, Japanese manga doesn't have much).

I studied Gothic Horror a bit back in my university days if you ever want to talk critical theory.
@nick on Wattpad

Offline Notívago

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 07:04:28 PM »
Thank you!
Indeed horror about werewolves is really underapreciated, people seems to prefer zombies and vampires. Knowing that a horror manga/anime about creepy werewolves probably isn't going to happen, i decided to create one, first deciding to keep it only to myself, but friends and even my family convinced me to publish it on the internet to maybe like you said,  try to bring more of it back.