June 12, 2021, 04:27:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writing Log  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Log
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2021, 07:29:34 AM »
@coryn go for it! sometimes stolen moments are the only moments, take what you can when you can :P

@No1SEY epic! hitting a productivity high is an awesome moment. keep it going as long as you can!

I'm steamrolling down to the end of my project now, so my writing is dropping off as there's only the art remaining now. Got a lot of plans for writing a lot when that's finished.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Re: Writing Log
« Reply #91 on: Today at 07:16:18 AM »
Been neglecting this, but have been writing. For the last three weeks I've been using a program called Plottr to help draft my stories. When plotting a story, I used to do a timeline of the key events, between 7-15 beats of the story. Then i'd go in and flesh out what scenes i needed and then get a rough idea of where the chapters fall in and what scene went where. I used to use Excel to do this and move the cells around, but it was hard not to just see walls of text in each cell and super easy to lose track.

But Plottr has a time line function you can use that's essentially gives you that kind of virtual whiteboard. you have your timelines going horizontal, then the vertical columns that intersect. I currently have columns for each chapter, then broken down further into scenes. I give each scene a one sentence title and then you can fill in the notes for it with the entire breakdown. But on the timeline, i can easily slide them around into different places.

I also have a second one for each plot thread running through. So far i've really liked it. Its made planning much easier and I've enjoyed it.

I've also set myself a pretty hefty challenge too. I want my scene by scene breakdown done by the end of this month. Then from July-November I want to of finished the first draft in time for NaNoWriMo!

That way, I'd be happy to take a month off from my current work and try my hand at something a bit different. What that is, I have no clue :P but its a nice thought all the same :P