February 01, 2023, 12:42:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Best Free App For Digital Art  (Read 9576 times)

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
Best Free App For Digital Art
« on: March 08, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
I managed to get out my wacom tablet and am thinking about getting back into drawing on my computer. Now I'm wondering what would be the best app for me to use on my computer for digital art.  I mostly draw manga style and want to eventually make a manga someday completely digitally. I have read a book on how to make a comic digitally on the computer using Photoshop. I use to have Photoshop back when I was in college, but I find it too expensive and besides I'm finding drawing is really just a hobby for me so I'd rather use something free. Currently I have sketchbook pro and krita installed on my computer which are both free and plan on comparing the two programs to see what's best for me. However, I kind of want to hear what you have to say. 

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Best Free App For Digital Art
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 01:51:09 PM »
I use GIMP , which is free. it's similar to Photoshop with layers and brushes and all that. I've not hit any limitations with it. So it's a solid starting software which will last you for ages before you decide to pay for something else. So that's my recommendation.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Best Free App For Digital Art
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »
Medibang Pro is also great, but for the love of everything do not use krita. The text tool crashes everything and is horrible, so not exactly ideal for comics