March 29, 2024, 03:10:24 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Favourite Romance Anime?  (Read 17557 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Favourite Romance Anime?
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:44:12 AM »
I must say I am not the greatest conniseur of romance anime. I tend to avoid it for more darker tragic stories, but the ones that I enjoyed really warmed the heart. I'd love it if I could watch a movie just for fun to rekindle some of those feels.

I remember regretting not finishing Toradora, and the first kiss scene in Bakemonogatari really got to me. I enjoyed those first two seasons. (Come to think of it I really need to finish that anime)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Romance Anime?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 02:05:16 PM »
Toradora was one of my favourites for a long time, but then I remember rewatching it and I couldn't get past the first episode for some reason. It's still a potential favourite.
I don't even remember Bakemonogatari, I kept telling myself I would rewatch it but then all the others came out and confused me.

Does FMA count as romance? or does romance has to be the main theme? I'm useless at this sort of thing.

lemme flick through my AniDB list.
Due to romance being a popular shoujo thing, a bunch of these are shoujo anime/manga:
roughly in favourite order

Kimi ni todoke (top favourite)
Ore Monogatari!! (super close)
Akagami no shirayuki-hime
Inu x Boku SS
Clannad (I'm not crying you're crying)
Plastic Memories (okay I'm crying)
Hachimitsu to Clover
Amagami SS (basically a bunch of mini series)
SAO (does this count?)
Kaichou wa maid-sama
Angel Beats!
Seto no Hanayome
Nagi no Asukara (not really romance but had it in it)
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (super old anime)
Kyoukai no Kanata (does this count?)
Ookami to Koushinryou (sorta)
Toradora!
Working!!

Not really favourites but also not not-favourites, I can't not mention them (like, I liked them but I think that's more me being weird than the anime was good,maybe. YMMV)
Isshuukan Friends.
Kotoura-san
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Amnesia (reverse harem, for some reason I liked it)
Busou Renkin
Fullmetal Panic!
Inuyasha
Mirai Nikki

Kinda haremy/noone wins
Dog Days
Hayate no Gotoku
Nisekoi
Grisaia no Rakuen

okay that's enough for now. and that's just my toplist.

looking through my list I realise that I was more of a hardcore anime watcher than I remember, and certainly more than I am a hardcore artist. If only. I suppose it's easier to sit like a potato and marathon stuff while you're half asleep than to actively brain-engage and spam creativity.

I don't know if I want to get back into anime or not. I like it, but I like drawing more I guess.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:10:12 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:05:04 AM »
God I still can't believe I'm too scared to watch Clannad. Angel Beats ended me so badly I couldn't go through that again. But I could do with a real feels trip again.

Mirai Nikki because Yandere is love yessss

I need to look into Plastic Memories, and Manimal swears by White Album

Yeah I've definitely fallen out of watching anime. I think there's just a lot of liveaction i've left in the dust that I want to catch up to. I will defintiely dive back in though, if anything to be able to talk about it on the Happy Hour again hahahaha

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 04:00:19 PM »
There are decent animes coming out each season but I'm hopelessly behind. I keep saying I'd like to pick it up again but I have no free time to fit it in. Maybe it would be good for when I'm having unproductive days. I don't watch anything hardly anymore.

I haven't seen White Album, I'll have to add it to the list.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 02:12:40 PM »
I must say I am not the greatest conniseur of romance anime. I tend to avoid it for more darker tragic stories, but the ones that I enjoyed really warmed the heart. I'd love it if I could watch a movie just for fun to rekindle some of those feels.

I remember regretting not finishing Toradora, and the first kiss scene in Bakemonogatari really got to me. I enjoyed those first two seasons. (Come to think of it I really need to finish that anime)

Lego my friend we must start another thread for darker tragedies, then! You might just get me back on the anime train  :ninja:
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 06:11:26 PM »
Ah man I wish I could compare notes. The problem is that would be so full of spoilers even I wouldn't want to know. I think tragic anime only really works as tragic anime if you were expecting a happy ending or something. The moment you say 'so and so anime is tragic' I just know what'll go wrong haha.

I do want to watch more anime in general though so yeah

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
searchingforanewhomewheremycardsdasdsdonsaasdimsorry
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 10:44:05 PM »
<frame> 230 lying #no;;oih;oih
   pic: 34  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 72  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 35  y: 74  weaponact: 32  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 21  y: 5418  w: 43  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 231 lying #it_has_spcecial_body
   pic: 44  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 75  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 32  y: 74  weaponact: 24  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=k-RVjI6VOWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=k-RVjI6VOWw

whatidsihfuashfisajdoisajdisap ccsioasiocsacsaec

<frame> 230 lying #atleajfimypcdidn'teexplode
   pic: 34  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 72  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 35  y: 74  weaponact: 32  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 231 lying #pccouldexplodegooejfgiodfjsapidjspads
   pic: 44  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 75  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 32  y: 74  weaponact: 24  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 11:30:29 PM by Blank »
hiding who's going to coach me now?

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
White Album 2. It's ugly but a very great and raw depiction of characters in love who do the wrong things and hurt each other and themselves. It's a masterpiece and ditches the fluffiness and sugar coating of normal romance anime to go for something more human and emotional. I have expressed many times how much I love this show and the huge impact it had on me. It is a vital show for me and I always recommend it. I love that it goes against the norm, it feels real. The characters are all flawed people and everyone does the wrong thing and is their own worst enemy.

Clannad. A beloved series, mostly for After Story which is my third favorite anime. It ripped so much out of my soul. Clannad is great romance story, the first season is just a warm up.

Kimi Ni Todoke. On the reverse side this is a show that is very fluffy and wholesome. Sawako is the most awkward anime girl and while the show can be frustrating at times with how slow things more it does leave you feeling good. This is a very nice series and both seasons are worth watching if you want to feel good.

Tamako Love Story. The show is not very good (though it has amazing episodes it's ruined by an awful subplot with the stupid bird) but the movie is a masterpiece. It has the nice innocent romance of the show without the nonsense elements that plague the anime. It has beautiful visuals and moments and warms my heart.

Full Metal Panic was romance and I love love the dynamic with Sousuke and Kanami. It will always be my second favorite anime. A good romance, mech, school kind of show.

Shakugan No Shana for a fighting girl meets boy kind of show. I was really into the romance between characters and this show made me feel a lot of melancholy. I absolutely love the first and second seasons, but I never bothered to finish the third. It felt foul to me. This one might not hold up on a rewatch but 16-17 year old me was all about this show. It was the first anime romance I really liked.

Toradora is good but for me I thought Ami was a way better character than Taiga and her chemistry was more convincing with Ryuuji. Ami was the reason I liked the show basically, but it had it's moments.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:58:59 AM by Manimal »