March 29, 2024, 01:25:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2020  (Read 52350 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Chit Chat 2020
« on: December 31, 2019, 11:17:46 PM »
Is it too early to make this? Surely not?

Anywho, lets get this thing rolling. What's the best thing you got up to over the Holidays peeps?

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 01:00:29 AM »
It’s suuuuper early Vacant  :ohmy: Barely past midnight Eastern time....lol

Happy New Year 2020 chit chat!! I’m just up to playing a card game with my family.

Best thing for me over the holidays was meeting new people and sleeping in >w<b
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »
You absolute monster you. Beat me to it. 

I was going to be all dramatic and make all this best of the decade and this and that threads but I was like nah, new decade, same progression of life. Let's do it

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
Vacant- I love how you made this thread 2 minutes after posting in the 2019 chat. Like "wait a minute - this isn't the year we're in....."

Lol given how long the 2018 chat lasted into 2019, making a new chat didn't even cross my mind XD
I did a bunch of drawing and got a new mindset for doing even more art this year which is nice.
spent a lot of time with family watching TV and roasting marshallows. Nice to relax from stresses from life and work.
the whole family is ill but we're ok :P
yeah not having to go to work was nice, I actually forgot I even had a job at one point which was super nice XD
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Lovus Eternius

• I'm just a writer.
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 09:12:22 PM »
It's heartwarming to see that most of the people I've seen many years ago are still here today.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 10:18:27 PM »
THE CHIT CHAT TOOIC IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE CHIT CHAT TOPIC!

Well the construction work is all wrapped up with the thread changeover, so guess I'll hit the resolutions here since I missed out in the 2019 one.

- Drink less (but drink better)
- Write more. 2019 was busy, but not as good for my writing as 2018 was. Turns out it's a lot harder to maintain a hobby while also maintaining a relationship.
- Work out smarter. 2018 was a year of massive weight loss for me, and I kept it off through 2019, so now I need to concentrate more on my total physical health and not just getting trim.
- Keep working on my Spanish. I picked up learning Spanish after a trip to Germany last year really illuminated how my education really has not prepared me for travel anywhere that's not an English speaking country. I've kept to it so far, now to keep pushing forward!

Thems the big ones that have come up. Nothing like setting apart some time to reaffirm your goals.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 10:22:14 PM by Coryn »

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:28:28 AM »
You absolute monster you. Beat me to it. 

I was going to be all dramatic and make all this best of the decade and this and that threads but I was like nah, new decade, same progression of life. Let's do it

You've reminded me of resolutions Coryn!

-Visit more. No excuses not to get the ball rolling and check on the forum each day. I've now managed to solve the issue I had logging in on my laptop so that helps  :thumbsup:
-Post more. Reviews, critiques and more! I miss reading a chapter of a manga and then heading here to chat about it. I want to do that again.
-Pick up more Japanese. I'm heading there in June, so I have 6 months to at least learn enough to get by and not be at a total loss.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 06:05:07 AM »
Turns out it's a lot harder to maintain a hobby while also maintaining a relationship.
pffffft relationships :P as if I have time for that XD
but totally true social life will totally kill your productivity :/

@vacant
It would be great to see the forum buzz a bit more. I'd love to chat about manga and stuff too, should probably pick up a bit of anime as well.
and Japanese? awesome. everyone's going to Japan lately, even my offline friends haha. but never me T_T

PS
I got a (friendly) "I hate you" from one of my friends when I showed them a couple of my sketch survival sketches XD
So.....I guess I'm a good artist now? lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:28:10 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 06:59:05 AM »
You've definitely improved suuper! Awesome to see. And marshmallow roasting heck yesss. That's wholesome family stuff right there

@ Vacant Dude Japan? Heck yes hahaha Duolingo is good for that. And yesss I could always use motivation to learn the language too. And more Vacant and less vacancy would be good for the forum (... did that make sense)

@ Coryn The true drinker upgrades his class of drink to avoid being a full blown alcoholic mwahahaha. Yeah Europe can be merciless when it comes to languages even though English can get you far. Good luck on spanish and the writing and getting buff and all that!

@Lovus Eternus welcome back! Yeah the forum is always alive and kicking

@Manimal agreed. Let's dooo this. Looking forward to Febuary myself for... Reasons

Happy New Year all! I'm not feeling it at all my side but no biggie. Just gotta chug along. I won't call it a resolution but it'd be nice to be an early bird

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »
waking up early is awesome but you've gotta have huge self control when it comes to switching everything off (including yourself) earlier in the evening too :P
I've finally got it into a habit and I'm absolutely loving it.

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 03:34:28 PM »
Getting up to go to school is hard, and going to bed early is harder, because I am so hyper and active at night.
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 04:52:42 PM »
As a night owl myself, I sympathise with you. Waking up early in the winter is always worse too.

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 07:55:43 PM »
so, i have no clue what to do with my life now and i donno how to make a topic about it, how is everyone doing?

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 09:49:12 PM »
Jostling with having to get up at 5am on Thursday for a work trip and my urge to spend this week up all night on MR. Truly this is a dilemma of a younger me, lol. Everything seemed so much easier back in college (real rose tinted glasses there).

What's eating at you Bobby?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 11:29:04 PM »
so, i have no clue what to do with my life now and i donno how to make a topic about it, how is everyone doing?

Well there's the MR Pub bit where you have carte blanche to do a topic on whatever you want, so doesnt have to be structured or anything. Sometimes it helps just getting it all down in writing.