March 29, 2024, 01:06:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hati's Inventory  (Read 33907 times)

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
Re: Hati's Inventory
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »
Okay, so now I am gonna discuss the antagonists:

Here is Toothless. He is the main antagonist and the Alpha of the  Society of the Ever-burning Flame  (otherwise known as the "Fire Gang"). He is called Toothless (which is not his real name), because when he was little, he was neglected by his father and ate too much sugar. He became obese and his two front teeth rotted. Now, he's a vegetarian and will only drink milk, eat eggs and fish. He never got his teeth fixed. The sword that he carries is a Jian sword. He is always angry and has mommy issues. Whenever he is confronted by a person who wants to help him, he kills them. He believes that the world is full of evil and that the only way to overcome that evil is to become more eviler. Yet he empathy for others.
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 12:34:01 AM »
Love your character's design, especially the two in that short story. Maybe play more with hairstyles to differentiate. But yea, love the designs. The character descriptions sound cool too.

Offline joeiisart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 02:09:25 AM »
Hey! I love the amount of detail you put into making your characters, coloring them, and crafting their backstories and personalities! Keep at it!! :heart: :D

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 10:18:24 PM »
Thanks for your kind words! ^^

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 12:46:12 AM »
There are 26 gangsters in the "Fire Gang" including Toothless.
Here is the 2nd one:

This is Force, Toothless's oldest friend and another founder of the gang. He is 47, Toothless is 45. His hair is all white because he didn't age well (and neither did Toothless). Force used to be normal but now he has Kanye West syndrome. Force got very wounded one day, and got all his blood replaced with artificial liquid, a liquid which he can control with his mind, shape it, and use it as a weapon (which is what the right panel is). Force is not very tall (only 4 feet) with purple eyes. The downside of having this artificial liquid (known as Ichor) is that he will live forever. So, when he gets an injury that he's supposed to die from, his body will heal immediately, but very slowly. So, he will suffer from the pain for about 24-48 hours before his wound is fixed. The Ichor coursing through his veins keeps him awake, he cannot sleep. Because of that, Force has a very unstable personality and hallucinates often. He cusses too much, and is very rude to others. This starts to break the relationship between himself and Toothless.

Why is he Toothless's friend?  Because he was the only person Toothless could relate to. Force wasn't always this way. Like Toothless, he has a hunger for power. His desire is to help Toothless rise to power, but with his mental illness, he can't really relate to his friend.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
Nice superpower of the controllable blood liquid, and also nice side effects to keep it from being too overpowered.

You say that he will recover from injuries, how would this cover a major injury such as loosing an arm? would the arm grow back from nothing or it would just heal as-is, with no arm?
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 06:36:51 PM »
Nice superpower of the controllable blood liquid, and also nice side effects to keep it from being too overpowered.

You say that he will recover from injuries, how would this cover a major injury such as loosing an arm? would the arm grow back from nothing or it would just heal as-is, with no arm?

Hi there,
Yes if he would lose an arm, his arm would grow back like a lizard's tail. Just during that time he would be in a lot of pain. Every single time a cell regenerates, the telomeres on the ends of his chromosomes shrink. This means that there is a limited number of times when he can actually do this. At the same time, because of the telomeres shrinking, he ages faster which is why his hair is white even though he's only 47.

Thanks for having an interest and I hope this answers your question ^^
~Hati

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 04:47:47 PM »
Ahhhh awesome, that's reasonable enough.
looking forward to seeing more characters!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 10:47:07 PM »

The 3rd gangster, Andras, is a bit of an oddball. He has the weird ability of transplanting body parts into his own. Therefore, his body is a web of other people's DNA...people that he has slain (blue eyes, blonde hair, and right leg). He wears a necklace of his enemies teeth (21 in total). He hopes to one day find a tooth with a gold cap but hasn't yet. Andras always carries a golden spyglass around with him. He pretends it's his superpower. He is a shopaholic and likes expensive Chinese silks and American clothing brands. He wears Chinese characters on his face to mask his identity and to bring him power. This one says "Lucky".

Andras is the Beta of the gang (meaning that after Toothless dies, he will be leader of the gang). He is the only gangster who keeps Force in control and is liked by everyone. The only problem with him is that he often acts before thinking. He hates superficial people ,and corruption, and just wants to escape from the burdens of the world. He however, does not agree with Toothless's philosophy that the world is full of evil and the only way to bring peace is to bring pain to those that are causing the evil. To him, violence is not the answer. But yet, he has killled people himself.

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2019, 12:52:32 PM »

The 4th gangster is Haruo, Andras's best friend. His weapon of choice is a ray gun that shoots green fire. Haruo only became part of gang because he was an orphan. He is the least popular gangster and a misanthropist. He is asexual. The only person he loves is Andras, because Andras is the only person who understands him. He is secretly afraid of Toothless, but acts calm at all times.

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2019, 09:36:05 PM »
Been doing some stuff y'all.  Here it is:

This is the 5th gangster Billy. No, he does not physically look like that, the flames and horns are a metaphor. Sometimes, it is hard to explain abstract ideas and I find it better to show it through physical stuff or in the forms of animals. In this case, the abstract idea that I'm trying to represent is what evil is and who is evil. I only used red,blue, and yellow for this one. Lots of warm colors.

The 6th gangster is Ashoka. I have done some armor sketches, I will post those tomorrow. Ashoka's armor is a Korean brass scale armor with Butanese style lion helmet. The armor is not that heavy, but the cotton interior is so well-insulated that who ever wears it will get hot fast. The lion helmet has a hidden brass visor that covers the face. The mane is made out of fire-proof wool wilst the rest of it is wood. 

And these are some pencil sketches that I did:

One of Haruo (I messed up on the arms but shading is good).

And some foreshortening of Toothless with Haruo in background.

I want to do the majority of my comic in pencil, but I'm not sure yet. I use lots of hatch marks and lines with circular marks for skin. It takes a long time, but the drawings turn out really well. I'm planning to use a better sharpened pencil for facial features since, I still want them to look cartoony. I am aiming for semi-realistic.
What do you guys think?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 04:17:39 AM »
That foreshortening one is pretty cool, it's a very hard shot, but it looks pretty alright :P
Great character sketches and lovely to see them in colour too :P

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
That foreshortening one is pretty cool, it's a very hard shot, but it looks pretty alright :P
Great character sketches and lovely to see them in colour too :P

Thanks ^^

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »
I've been doing some armor sketches:

This is the armor for Ashoka (see previous post). It's traditional Korean brass-scale armor with the lion-helmet being based off of Butanese design (Koreans pick earth colors and don't use bright colors that much because they want to be at harmony with nature).

And these are the weapons. The first two, the Headcutter and Throatslitter are based off of Japanese Samurai designs wilst the other weapons are Korean Silla knight designs.

This is the warrior's horse, a Mongolian breed. Mongolian horses were well liked by many Asian dynasties. You would think they would be easy to draw, but no. They are very complex animals.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »
nice weapon designs, I always love to see those :)
plus very nicely drawn and shaded horses! often drawing animals is hard when you draw people a lot (at least it is for me haha)