March 29, 2024, 12:49:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: just started drawing more, pls have mercy xD  (Read 21513 times)

Offline Vyunare

• The neon Demon strikes back
    • View Profile
just started drawing more, pls have mercy xD
« on: August 24, 2019, 01:46:02 PM »
Hi there, sooo I'm drawing for quite a while now but my sketches aren't that good in my opinion but I just want to know what others think. I just created this acc. so pls have mercy. This were actually my first attempt on making a working sketch and were done like in an hour... I realised I based much on the original pic so the first picture is my remastered version which took 10 hours of remodelling and shading... this is even the first picture I tried (and found) the water and air brush tool on my programm... also there is a story down below

I had hope and in my eyes, I were succesful                  (I hope that the links will work)
It took me long but I hope you guys also like it =D
I also created a lore, because this were my character for an "anime" (SAO style), which were created by me and two good friends of mine. (actually wrote like a whole story; 1 season already done)
I have a like a whole folder full of pictures of characters for the anime, which all I will redo
This is my character, Ayashiro Yukazu, he is a 19 year old japanese student. He has many flaws and had shocking moments in his life. His parents died by a car accident, which he thought he caused himself by dropping accidently a toy in the cars motor. A loving relationship with a girl broke, because his best and almost last bestfriend were gone with his love. And if that would be not enough he were mobbed by others. In his last moments of hope, his uncle (the last family member) gave him acces to the newest VR gear he were working on, to test. Much like in SAO, Ayashiro were an alpha and beta tester and learned a lot. He were a lone wolf, but when he met the characters of my friends, they made a guild and fight almost together. A lot funny moments, WTF moments and action moments are already part.

If I got your attention and you want to read my may poorly written story, I may consider uploading it to another thread xD

Thanks for your time, appriciate it =D

(I'm german so please be mercyful when something is grammatically wrong xD)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 10:13:16 PM by Vyunare »
"If no one likes you, If no one cares about you... the rain will always fall in your hands and loves you =D" -Vyu- =D

Offline danielsega

• View Profile
Re: just started drawing more, pls have mercy xD
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
It's a great drawing, you have most of the proportions down, and you drew great hands, which is amazing.

Now for a few constructive criticism,  the pose throws the drawing off, it looks like all his weight is on the left leg and he's lifting his right one.  You could either fix the pose or add a distorted or tilted eye level to fix it, like the pic bellow, I used the blue line as indication and super quick draw from red around it.

And the belt throws me off too because it makes a slight illusion that the body is twisting towards that way.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:21:15 PM by danielsega »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:31:20 AM »
Hey Vyunare! So here on MR we prefer that all images get embedded to the site itself (clicking strange links on the internet can lead to real concequences after all). You'll need to use a pair of image tags (generated by the Mona Lisa icon on the post screen), and a url that ends with .jpg/.png/.whatever. An image hosting site like imgur works really well, but as long as you find a reliable source, it should be fine.

Best of luck with the art!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
Thanks

When I wanted to post these (and I read the "how to post pics" thread) I first wanted to use like the named ones photobucket but when I saw "buy to use" I left the site since my income isn't that great XD

I thought Google Pictures would work since it's a "public" storage
I will consider using now imgur since, when I created this Re: and read your comment I created an account on imgur

I will follow the rules =D
"If no one likes you, If no one cares about you... the rain will always fall in your hands and loves you =D" -Vyu- =D

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 01:59:48 PM »
It's a great drawing, you have most of the proportions down, and you drew great hands, which is amazing.

Now for a few constructive criticism,  the pose throws the drawing off, it looks like all his weight is on the left leg and he's lifting his right one.  You could either fix the pose or add a distorted or tilted eye level to fix it, like the pic bellow, I used the blue line as indication and super quick draw from red around it.

And the belt throws me off too because it makes a slight illusion that the body is twisting towards that way.

Thanks for the critique =D I will do better on the next ones and I will try to do better at the background
(btw this were my first time ever creating a background, I were heavily inspired by Camila Cuevas's Leader Month 4 Gaster's Background. If you want to look, just type it in YouTube and it will lead you to a beautiful speedpainting of her =D She's a full pro, if I can say so xD)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 02:22:50 PM »
nice art, that's a cool character design!
it takes a good amount of dedication to spend 10 hours to get the drawing how you want, and that attitude will help you later when you need to spend a lot of time drawing manga pages :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »
Photobucket does have a paid version, but it is free to use up to a certain storage capacity.

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
Heya, this is one of my other anime Characters
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »
I'm working on a different Anime then the one I posted a while ago.
I tried to remake my already existing character here so this is the result.

My first try

Remastered

the embed somehow not works: https://imgur.com/a/LNKH7eX   <---------

I'd like to hear anything that could help me get better at side views or anythin. Hope to hear positive feedback =D

Story for her;
She's Ayana Akane Coro (18), the daughter of a claimed god (father) and a magic-user (mother). She's depressed, traumatised, but strong, agile, intelligent, very slender and has a broken heart. She were abused by her mother once and hates her still. All she wants is a bf or gf who can keep up with the strengh of her and keeps her happy. She almost never say thanks nor does she apologise. Her magic is almost limitless but healing is not in her repertoire.

Overall Story Info:
The Time is placed in the 2010's in a completely new area on the earth, near Japan, including 4 big islands. The islands have strict rules; no firearms but swords are allowed (Katanas more specificly) Magic is in the world but in most areas prohibited. There are 12 and more gods of heaven, an underworld, an aetherium and two different dimensions.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 04:20:48 PM by Vyunare »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Heya, this is one of my other anime Characters
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »
To embed from imgur, make sure to use the "BBCode" link, not a HTML style one like the ones you posted.

So it should look like [img ]https://i.imgur.com/N9LW2wK.png[/img ] without the spaces in the img tag.

So:

I like how you have drawn the character.
For starters, it looks like you used a fill-bucket to colour her in, but it's left a while line around the edges of the black lines. If you have a program that uses layers, you can put the coloured areas on a layer underneath the black lineart and then you won't have those white parts.

Nice shading for the hair.
Profile shots are quite hard so I can't say what looks wrong or right but it doesn't look bad. Maybe make the nose less pointed? it looks kinda sharp.
I love the eye.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »
Thank you so much <3 I just noticed how to get the right code/link, you're awesome @suuper-san!

I use Fire-Alpaca, which supports layers. Back then in 2017 when I drew the original, I didn't even knew where the water and air brushes were xD one day before my first post here I discovered the tools

the white lines are for my eyes: like borders to know where one thing ends,starts/knowing where to have some more shadow/where folds are
and I let them be there since I have no idea how to do it properly

btw, I made the hair in the original with "swaying" my pen so there are some white spots if you look closer xD

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 05:18:44 PM »
Ahhhh i see, cool.
If you use an extra layer to show where you want the shade to be, then you can remove it afterwards and it won't show up in your final piece, if it's just a guideline :)
practice makes perfect :P

maybe try drawing different poses or facial expressions for the same character would be nice, and it's good practice too :D

I recommend using photos to learn how to draw the face realistically, and then learn how to stylize it into a manga style afterwards. I'm regretting not doing that sooner.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 07:24:51 PM »
Hey bud, I merged your two topics together. We like for members to only have one gallery topic per board. Just keeps  things easy to find.  :thumbsup:

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »
You're actually quite good. I meant to comment on your other works, but was too sleepy but you're doing a really good start.

Have you tried other mediums besides digital? I think if you try working with pencil or maybe cross-hatching with pen, you can get better at shading. Shading is key.

As for other stuff, the expression and full-body stuff is really good. I find your character design interesting. The hardest part of making your drawings come to life is background. Background is the most challenging but the most vital part of drawing. When you draw the backgrounds, you can make your characters come to life. It will take practice and lots of work, but it's totally worth it.

Hope this helps. ^^
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Offline Slammer

• : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 11:41:20 PM »
cool art, good job!

Offline Vyunare

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »
@Slammer Thanks mate ^^

@Hati Thanks for the tips and yea when I was younger, I drew with pencil and paper but wanted to quit this since it was quite a mess. I had to take out the board to draw on, since I do not have that much drawspace and my pencils always were dull. Just had enough of drawing and my style were kinda anime/manga and mostly Yu-Gi-Oh! like, since it is my favourite cardgame which I still play and even watch. I will take a bit of shame and show you my 4 best drawings with pencil but they were the best I could do back then. And I never shaded that much in pen/pencil work sooo.. Also I were limited to bad pens/pencils to colour. To not destroy my work I did not even tried my flesh colours so I decided them to stay pale like me xD

and like I said, these are not good and I am only proud of the first one but If I take my time again to redraw it on my tablet I will throw the originals away, since I am not that good with sorting my paper. It is always a hassle to do RL-Drawings and putting them somewhere, since I got no space.
(and like I said, please forgive my bad grammar if something is bad xD)

proudest work and my first main base for my Yu-Gi-Oh! drawings

a pose I tried after playing Sakura Fantasy... DON'T JUDGE ME XD

another pose I tried after scrolling down google search

head outlines and starting some practice with the eyes and Yugioh like "Hero Hair" XD

I even have another story for my proudest;
Vaylyn, signed by custom god cards, one of the strongest duelists ever, (uses custom Pendulum Dragons, said for the players that know the cards), tries to bond every abandoned Pendulum Player that were not purged like the hundreds of them.