March 29, 2024, 02:31:09 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: InsaneGundamPilot's Fandubs  (Read 33750 times)

Offline Insane Gundam Pilot

• View Profile
InsaneGundamPilot's Fandubs
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:29:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've been looking all over the internet for a decent forum. there aren't many these days. I like the layout of this one is very easy and accessable. plus looking through a lot of the posts you all the very friendly.
Full disclosure, I am an aspiring voice actor and I also really like anime so I thought a good way to practice would be through making Fandubs. But, I don't really know if I'm improving or not If I'm the only one listening to them so I thought I would post them on this forum to see what you all thought. please be as honest and as critical as you can. I can take it  :D

https://youtu.be/9m3aiM4u-jk

https://youtu.be/cgdz44xlZrc

https://youtu.be/kufwtfwh8Qs
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:33:16 PM by Insane Gundam Pilot »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: InsaneGundamPilot's Fandubs
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:54:10 PM »
Aha! Another aspiring voice actor!
I have a little gallery set up under the board "comics and other gallery", but no one has been requesting anything of me and I tend to draw a blank without a script or suggestion, even though I got range for daaaaays. We do have a podcast for the forum around here somewhere that I've been on a few times, if you wanna poke at that for reference.

While you're here, why don't you go over and introduce yourself in the Welcome Center as well? (I mostly ask because I'm curious if you want anyone else on board because fandubs are fun and I've been wanting to do one for ages.)

I will come back to listen to those vid links later; right now, I have a few things to catch up on.
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
Thanks MahluaandMilk. It's always good to see another aspiring voice actor. Why don't you post some of your stuff. I'd like to hear it.

personally I've never really been inclined to do fandubs of entire episodes of an anime fir several reasons but mainly It's due to the lack of time. It's incredibly time constraining to do an entire episode cos I would have to write up scripts, edit and voice act along with waiting on other people to get their vocals done. that's probably why all those fandubs you mentioned didn't get off the ground.
However I generally tend to do 1-2 minute clips. If I had a listen to what you could do perhaps we could collab on something and I could try to find something that suited your vocal capabilities.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:07:55 PM »
There's certainly nothing but my own laziness holding me back from just using my soundcloud to do such samples.
I hear you on episodes, though, for real. It can be hard to get things right, especially considering the distance. Actors need to play off each other in order for any of it to work (well). That's why even in official dubs, it can be easy to tell which actor(ess) recorded their lines first (looking at you, Highschool DXD).

If you give me a list of tropes and/or a sample line or a few to play around with, I can totally get that done for you. I'm kind of a jackass of all trades, as I like to call it. Despite being AFAB, I've even voiced grown men, although that range is particularly limited.
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 10:27:44 PM »
I found a few lines for you to read. for the male characters I don't want you to do a man's voice but try to capture their character.

"In this world, nothing happens by coincidence. The only thing that occurs is inevitablity."
>>Yuko Ichihara

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!"
>>Kamina

"... Just like we promised back then... I have no regrets about how I lived my life! It looks like what I really wanted in the end wasn't fame or fortune at all. It was an answer to the question of whether I should have been born...  Luffy... I want you to listen to what I say now... and tell it to the guys afterwards... Old Man!! All of you guys!!!... and Luffy... Even though I've been a good for nothing my entire life... Even though I carry the blood of a demon within me...!!! You guys still loved me... Thank you ...!!!"
>>Portgaz D. Ace

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"
>>Itachi Uchiha

"Killed in Action, and promoted two ranks for it. Brigadier General Hughes. You were the guy who was supposed to work below me and to push me to the top. Then you get yourself killed and surpass me in the ranks. I don't know what's more absurd. You or the State."
>>Roy Mustang

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 10:51:16 PM »
Took me a bit. Originally I was going to record it all live with no prep time but then I realized I was using the wrong mic, and then in this version my roommates interrupted me to go get more fish sticks off the stove. Either way, pardon the quality mess. I wanted to give the best idea possible of what I do "cold" (no warm up/prep time/fancy editing). I personally think that it gives a better idea of creativity and range.

https://soundcloud.com/mahluaandmilk/youre-welcome-fer-nothin
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 11:09:10 PM »
Despite having a few beers you were actually pretty good  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:. The best was your Roy mustang but I assume that was because he was the only character you actually knew  lol

Can I also just say I love souncloud. right after your voice clip played, it played related tracks automatically and this came up.
https://soundcloud.com/mordecai-jande-banda/wawawa

I will try to find a clip to do a fandub on. but it will have to wait till next week. most like wednesday.
as for right now. I'm going to bed.

peace out folks. talk to ya tomorrow

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 11:13:28 PM »
Lmao that's one of my favorite songs man. Sleep well. Talk to you Wednesday, I suppose?
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 11:25:20 PM »
I tried to go to sleeps. started watching clips on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aay9caSFmJk   

I love this show.

OK now I will actually try going to sleep.

night guys