April 18, 2024, 12:08:35 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: From " I Don't Like, I Don't Like" to "I Like, I Like"  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
From " I Don't Like, I Don't Like" to "I Like, I Like"
« on: July 20, 2018, 01:34:49 AM »
So i had 2 experiences like this XD

so first was this really old movie... really old XD, so as a child, i was afraid to even watch "The Yellow Submarine" and this fear kinda stuck with me fow many years... well til this year, so back in april i found the trailer for it, bit the bullet and watched it.... ok wtf, only good thing is i finally figured out what my main fear, The Glove's purpose was. its an enemy, anyway then i waited and waited, went to my dad's... this was it, i told him i was going to grab some movies and snuck that one (1999 DVD rerelease) in my bag, came home and watched it.............and watched it.............and watched it, and then dad noticed it went missing XD so i gave it back............... and then i bought my own copy (2012 remaster) and watched it and watched it, til i couldnt talk about anything else. my friends were drivin nuts, i also found the supposed 2012 remake that got canned and holy*censored*, thank *censored* it got cancelled

Story 2
ok i know a lot of gaming fans are going to stone me for saying this but, i did not like Ocarina of Time, as a kid, it bored the crap out of me, i actually never had it as a kid despite owning an N64, i bought it at 14, then i bought the game cube version (not master quest) and even on the Wii VC, i just couldnt get into it at all well until a few days ago, so this month, the month of July has been Zelda month when it came to games, i bought Breath of the Wild wich i played til i got stuck and quit for now, Hyrule warriors, played that for 3 days straight til i mistook the power button as the pause button again, thanks Nintendo 3DS for having that stupid power button location, i got pissed off and put in the last game i purchased.... Ocarina of Time 3D.... im addicted to it, funny enough i remember how some of the things are supposed to work, i remembered about the way to get through the Lost wood or how to get Epona (i knew you had to jump over a fence) and holy *censored*, it also has Master Quest, i am excited XDD

so yeah these are 2 things i thought i would never like and well, i liked XD

What have been yours?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:37:37 AM by BobbyJoeXForgotenSB »

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: From " I Don't Like, I Don't Like" to "I Like, I Like"
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 07:42:00 AM »
Maybe it's mundane, but onions are a big one for me. The very thought used to turn me away, but then I discovered that most people were just monsters who refused to cook them. Tuns out, once to apply heat to an onion, it turns into an entirely different, beautiful beast.

I still don't *censored* around nwith raw ones much, but even those I'm learning to accept under the right conditions. A grilled onion though? Carmelized? Pickled? Yes please.

This kinda applies to a lot of vegetables these days. Guess you just need to find the right way to have them to widen your views.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:50:16 AM »
I used to literally puke if I ate broccoli, but it's fine now.

I still can't even eat cooked onions because my body will freak out thinking it's some kind of poison. Not good for people with acid reflux either, from what I understand. Too much sulfur or sulfate or whatever. Something to do with the element of sulfur. No bueno.

I used to abhor certain music genres on principle (you know, one of those "I hate pop and rap because I like 'real' music" stupid elitists), but now I try to appreciate everything as is. I may say "except country"--but as soon as I hear that Carrie Underwood song start I am literally screaming "AND I DUG MY KEY INTO THE SIDE OF HIS PRETTY LITTLE SOUPED UP FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, CARVED MY NAME INTOOO HIS LEATHER SEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATS", and actions speak louder than words.

I will, however, forever stand by the statement that Taylor Swift becoming famous was a mistake.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:33:49 AM »
I have a reverse to this lol I used to love this pastry snack called honey buns lol. I used to eat them like once or twice a day and it was delicious... but one day I ate it and It was disgusting... now I can't even look at one without getting grossed out...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
I can see your point there though. My sweet tooth has taken a nose dive. I just can't take sugar like I used to. (Not that my teeth and waistline aren't thankful, I'm sure)

@mahlua: I'm right there with you. I was anti country until once in college when my roommate and I were out cruising. A country song came over the radio. He knew all the words and started singing. I also knew the words and started singing. The only difference is that I had no recollection of ever hearing that song before. He looked at me, freaked out a bit himself, I freaked out a bit. He knew I wasn't in to country, but neither of us could stop singing to address the issue until the song was over.

I'm afraid it's too deep in my blood. But there is definitely still a loooot of bad country out there.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 11:59:56 AM »
I recently started enjoying eating healthily with a very minimal amount of extra sugar, which is a big thing for me. I may or may not be losing weight as it seems to differ by about +/- 5kg every day lol

@vikings I had a similar experience with those large swiss rolls, the foot-long ones. I used to eat a whole one a day now its like I cut a half-inch slice once a week and I'm good. if they are frozen you can cut wicked thin slices and eat them like biscuits lol
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 01:18:08 PM »
Many bands, like for a while me and music was like, man this sucks, to man I fricking love the hell out of this.

The Beatles are the best example. I thought they where overrated and lame, people used to say I looked like John because of my hair + glasses, I was like pfff no I don't he's a loser Beatles suck and then in 2015 I got obsessed with 'em and I was going to get my hair cut showing 'em a picture of John from the Paperback Writer/Rain video. The Beats actually changed a lot in my life in a great way, I cared about my appearance more and my hair was not so much a mess rather a mess w/ style, I started to learn how to sing...man it was just one of the best things for me to get into. I'm so happy I get into them when I did. 

Ac/Dc to, I went from liking them at 8-9 to disliking them to becoming utterly and completely obsessed about everything in 2010. Nirvana I hated forever as well until I listened to them and listened to them until they became one of the first bands I've ever gotten sick of sometime last year. First time I listened to the Smiths I was like lol they suck this singer is a joke and now I'm completely obsessed with their music and basically only listen to my Smiths mixtape in the car and I love songs like The Headmaster Ritual, What Difference Does It Make?, Ask, This Charming Man, The Queen Is Dead, I Know It's Over, Panic etc. so much I can write essays on how they make me feel. There are a lot of cases like this.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:22:36 PM by Manimal »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »
I thought I wouldn't like the deathcore genre, but then Whitechapel happened.
Haha signature go brr.