March 28, 2024, 04:47:27 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 339404 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1935 on: August 31, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »
Macross II: Lovers Again

This is a six episode OVA series that has no reason to exist. It gives you basically nothing and in the end it comes to the same conclusion as the original series. The story was uninteresting, although it had some good ideas that a better series could of done well. The characters had no character, aside from Ishtar. There is vaguely a love triangle, the only issue is we feel no romantic chemistry or anything at all between Hibiki and Sylvie, and then they end up together? Their interactions are so flat that you don't see it coming.

On the positive side the art was excellent. Character designs were very nice and the settings were imaginative. The animation was okay until it took a dip in quality for the last episode. I found it in Blu-Ray quality but the subs were full of grammar and spelling errors. Still, it was subbed atleast so I ain't complaining. This OVA wasn't outrageously bad or anything, it just has little to offer. Some pretty art is the one and only reason to watch it.     

I've been slowly watching Getter Robo. It's hard to binge because it's episodic, but at a slow pace it's enjoyable because of how insane it is. It's obviously extremely dated, being from 1974, but it's still pretty cool. The opening song is amazing, it's a really fantastic hero theme. GUTS! GUTS! GETTER GUTS! This is one to take at a slow pace while watching other stuff pretty much.

50 episode mech shows are hard to watch if they're episodic. I had the same issue with GaoGaiGar, it was cool but it felt like I was watching the same thing over and over. Like oh cool, the transformation sequence again. Oh cool, the OP playing during a battle...again. We'll see about Getter Robo.

I gave Transformers Masterforce another try for old times sake. I watched a few episodes in the classic three part YouTube format in 2008. This show is pretty boring though and focused more on human characters than the Transformers which is always extremely lame. I have always loved the opening song, I watched it over and over on my PSP. God Ginrai is as cool as a Transformer can get, but there's no way I can make it through this series. 

I have to state again though...the OP is God tier. It goes for an epic ballad feel instead of a blood pumping hero theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRD1RQtGjHE   
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 08:57:43 AM by Manimal »

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: November 18, 2021, 10:15:22 PM »
For me can't really find something that hit the spot but i've been checking out drifting classroom
hiding who's going to coach me now?

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 21, 2021, 05:30:49 PM »
Technically not an anime, but "Arcane" on Netflix was fantastic. It was always going to be interesting for me to see the lore for these LoL characters that I've known for years being expanded upon, but honestly I was blown away by the intensity and maturity of some of the writing and themes explored here, especially in the final 3 episodes. And of course, I found the art and animation to be stunning throughout. Honestly, makes me really excited for if Riot ever end up releasing this Runeterra MMORPG.

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
ijustwanttowatchtvandsleep
« Reply #1938 on: December 11, 2021, 12:23:47 PM »
<frame> 230 lying #it_has_spcecial_body
   pic: 34  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 72  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 35  y: 74  weaponact: 32  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 21  y: 5418  w: 43  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 231 lying #it_has_spcecial_body
   pic: 44  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 75  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 32  y: 74  weaponact: 24  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=k-RVjI6VOWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=k-RVjI6VOWw

whatidsihfuashfisajdoisajdisap ccsioasiocsacsaec

<frame> 230 lying #atleajfimypcdidn'teexplode
   pic: 34  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 72  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 35  y: 74  weaponact: 32  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 231 lying #pccouldexplodegooejfgiodfjsapidjspads
   pic: 44  state: 14  wait: 30  next: 219  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 75  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 32  y: 74  weaponact: 24  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:15:44 PM by Blank »
hiding who's going to coach me now?

Offline watanabe_ringo

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 26, 2022, 02:03:55 PM »
cyberpunk edgerunners has been good its on netflix

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 15, 2023, 10:40:41 AM »
Just watched Suzume (no tojimari) at the cinema.
superb animation and a pretty good story. Apart from a few minor plot grievances (maybe my misunderstanding) it's a solid watch.
lots of emotion and I cried and laughed at so many places :P
in terms of animation and background quality alone, it's possibly one of the best I've ever seen. If you told me Ghibli made it I'd believe you. (Although the art style isn't Ghibli)
almost into my top tier favourites at 8.5/10 but definitely into my general favourites. That being said I don't know what would have made it better.

also made me realize how little anime I've watched in the last few years. I've really switched over to manga these days. Mostly its the art quality of anime that makes them hard to watch, the smaller studios just dont have the budget and you can see a lot of issues here and there where they've cut corners or quality and it's just jarring. Manga doesn't have that issue as badly, although poor art quality will put me off unless the story is awesome enough to compensate.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:43:45 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 19, 2023, 05:19:27 PM »
Through a bizarre twist of fate I ended up at the cinema again to watch Suzume, again :P
Watched the dub this time *audience gasps and several faint* (I was watching with people who wouldn't enjoy/endure reading subs for 2 hours)
But it wasn't too bad, as expected of a high budget film they did a decent dub. Still prefer the original of course but I'd take the dub without complaining if that's all there was. From memory quite a few dub lines didn't match the sub lines, which didn't match the original Japanese, which made for an interesting insight into translation. Incidentally a lot of the cast speak with non-tokyo dialects which were not what I was used to.
Watching the second time helped to clear a couple of plot issues which were threatening to lower my rating but I've reached a resolution with those and so it stands at a proud 8.5/10 in my medium favourites.
Still cried and laughed at the same places.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 05:21:32 PM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: May 30, 2023, 04:36:42 PM »
Watched NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind for the first time in forever. I think I must have been either a little kid or only seen parts of it in passing because I thought I had seen it before but I didn't recognize any of it. (It's quite similar to Castle in the Sky so I might be crossing my memories perhaps)

I must admit objectively there are a lot of things to complain about such as pacing and dialogue, even the order of scenes etc (IMO), but really this was one of the first of its kind, the earliest film produced by Ghibli (before it even was Ghibli if my Google-fu is correct). So it doesn't sit right judging it by today's standards of writing that have been honed and adjusted with great trial and error over the decades, as well as the current culture of analysis, when it is one of the foundation stones of anime itself.

With that in mind I'm forced to give it a ??/10 because I'm unable to give it a rating I'm happy with. Definitely worth watching but ultimately felt like it was missing a core of sorts. I think there was too much world-building without much plot (such is Ghibli anyway), so I'm basically enjoying watching it but wondering what's going on for a good half of the film before it gets going. It's also super long at 2 hours runtime, partly because of the super slow story pace.

I would have loved to have watched this before watching anything else and see what my thoughts would have been. Had I been there watching it at the cinema when it was first aired I'm sure I would have felt a lot different. So a sort of bittersweet feeling that I never got to experience that.

I'm slowly working through all the Ghibli films at the moment so expect more posts as I watch each one :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 04:39:09 PM by Suuper-san »