July 27, 2021, 11:03:13 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 196990 times)

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1920 on: May 01, 2021, 09:44:08 PM »
I'm watching Ikkitousen and read some manga I like Ikkitousen writing but I don't like the sexy stuff. I'm trying to understand the writing for each series I'm watching
Like rowing a boat, we enter the future backwards. All we see are the scenes of the past, and no one cannot see the views of tomorrow

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Bama Lama Bama Loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 02, 2021, 03:39:31 PM »
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

This is a great series that I believe gets an unfair reputation. Victory is very odd but from beginning to end I was completed engaged in the story and the rapid pace of the plot. I didn't completely understand what the themes of the show were but ultimately I really enjoyed it and it's one of my top 5 Gundam series that I've seen so far.

People always say Victory is depressing, and yes there are some gut wrenching moments here. But this show isn't nearly as crushing as Zeta Gundam was in the end. Victory had a really great ending and a ton of really memorable and emotionally moments. There were scenes that almost made me cry because of how strong the combination of music and visuals were. It had a lot of the same problems with Tomino Gundam series, most notably how some female characters will completely change midway through and become more and more difficult to understand. Katejina was poorly written and she was really hard to follow.

The production values are good and the show is able to stay consistent by scaling back on detail and shading. The last two episodes are incredible and they look almost OVA quality. The fight above the clouds made for a striking backdrop. They put everything into animating it nicely! The opening is also the most incredible one I've seen from Gundam. The animation sequences are so insanely smooth and well thought out. The first opening "STAND UP TO THE VICTORY" is an absolute masterpiece, the song is an incredible inspirational hero anthem. "Don't Stop! Carry On!" is also really good, although most of the animation from the first OP is reused. 90's Gundam is easily the best looking for me, nothing comes close to the sheer coolness. I recommend everyone to watch this opening and appreciate the sheer coolness of it, link.   

My favorite characters were Marbet, Usa and Fuala. The show is unique in that Uso is younger than other Gundam protagonists. Marbet was a great character who is underappreciated. Fuala was just, ya. I liked the cast although I feel the writing for a lot of them was downright strange. Tomino puts so much weird and questionable stuff in these series, it makes it entertaining but sometimes it's too much with the baby stuff.

I loved the drama of Victory and the sort of silly way every character talked. I love dramatic anime, that is why I like SEED so much. This show was full of battles and characters using unique tactics. There is a motorcycle theme to some of the bad guys, they ride around in red bikes on earth, then they build giant wheels for the mobile suits to fly around in AND THEN THE BATTLE SHIPS HAVE GIANT WHEELS ON THEM! I love this weirdness that 90's Gundam is packed with. I really enjoyed Victory, I thought it was a great weird show. I understand why people might not like it but I feel it gets unfairly bashed. I'm happy I gave this show a chance. Gundam is great because it's weird, dramatic and doesn't totally make sense. 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:53:04 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Bama Lama Bama Loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 08, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Finally, I watched this 12 episode OVA in one sitting tonight. It was a good one overall with a lot of really cool aspects that make it unique in the Gundam franchise. I can't say it's more realistic because it's still you know...Gundam...but there is more thought put into how the Mobile Suits would function in a real battle. The characters are not Newtypes or anyone fancy either, and a "forbidden love" type story runs throughout. The OVA peaks with a very classic scene and then it misses the mark on the finale for me personally. But ultimately I really enjoyed watching it.

The 08th MS Team has the same issue as Stardust Memory. Both are 12 episode OVAs that go at a good pace and then kick the story into overdrive for the end. Both end in ways I found underwhelming also. This OVA had that amazing episode with the Gouf Custom, which is so cool. Every second that thing was on screen was glorious. It was such a menace and the whole fight in an abandoned city was awesome. Episode 11 was so flat in comparison and Episode 12 was just tacked on as a bonus basically.

I liked the first half and the dynamics of the team. Another thing with this show is that the Gundams aren't treated with a sense of awe like the other shows. Honestly only the Gouf Custom was showcased as being super cool. I really liked Kiki, she is one of my favorite Gundam characters now. Karen and Sanders were great as well. There are so many great moments in this OVA and fights in dark lighting. The animation is good as is the soundtrack. The dub is okay. Michelle Ruff is always great and she was perfect as Kiki. Steve Staley made Shiro sound condescending at times. I couldn't watch the dub for Stardust Memory, but this one was fine.   

I've been meaning to watch this OVA for basically a year and now was the right time. It made for an enjoyable evening. I prefer Gundam to be more outrageous and focus on things being extremely cool but I appreciate the approach of The 08th MS Team and it made this series stand out.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 08:26:03 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Bama Lama Bama Loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 10, 2021, 08:01:05 AM »
Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie

This is one of those movies that didn't need to happen and honestly it didn't add a whole lot but it was enjoyable to watch anyway. The story had been told so all this movie did was dial back character development, especially for Ruby and Leah. The flow is similar to the original Love Live Movie where the girls go to a different location (Italy in this case) during the middle. This movie had a really dumb story and the cheesiness was set to maximum. The Saint Snow bits were the best part, just like in the show. Again though, I feel like a lot of what this movie does was already taken care of in season 2.

I liked the bits of the characters interacting and being goofy the most. That is what Love Live is really good at. By this point the cast of Sunshine was so defined and it's fun to see them go. But watching this movie made me realize how refreshing the third generation of Love Live, Nijigasaki Academy, is. They really scaled back on the cheese and made a smaller story. Sunshine was always too corny and this movie is no different. Watch it for Yoshiko, she was great in every scene. Aika Kobayashi did a great performance and I saw some of the dub clips and shockingly her dub voice is REALLY good as well. Morgan Berry made her sound really seductive and still just as crazy. I might have to watch Sunshine in dub just for that. Oh anyway...ya the movie was just okay.

Super Cub Episodes 3-5

Episode 3 was truly fantastic and really showcased everything the show has going for it. Watching the friendship between Koguma and Reiko develop was lovely. There were a lot of small details such as the body language of both characters when they were eating lunch on their bikes. Koguma is turned away but when she notices Reiko is facing her she slowly turns around. Episode 4 was good also but Episode 5 was a bit strange. It was Reiko focused, which was good but it sort of went against the realistic feeling tone of the show. Reiko is trying to ride up Mount Fuji with her Super Cub but she keeps wiping out. She falls off her bike multiple times and even rolls downhill for a few seconds but all that happens is her clothes get dirty. She would of been really injured from those falls. It was a bit tone breaking for me. I understand that it was done to show her drive but it was a bit odd for a show like this. Everything else was nice in the episode.

Nagatoro Episodes 3-5

This show is getting surprisingly more enjoyable with every episode. The relationship between the two is developing and you do get the sense that they like each other. This is sort of like one of those series that is trash but not ass. That's about all I have to say, this show doesn't make me think much. It's just a thing to watch, but not a bad thing.

Offline Manimal

• Bama Lama Bama Loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 15, 2021, 10:01:04 AM »
Sabegebu! (Re-Watch)

This is a truly special one of a kind anime that has giant balls swinging like a Grandfather clock. It's such a refreshing series that tramples all over the tropes of these club based Slice of Life shows. This series gets crazy with it's concept and characters and it just does whatever it wants for 12 episodes. It's a survival game club so the show gets into their imaginations and shows the characters getting into increasing outrageous gunfights.

Although the designs are very cute and bright the characters themselves can be really rotten, but in a good way. Momoka is the anti-protagonist, she is a mean, selfish, greedy and ruthless person who, as the show states, transcends good and evil. Urara is the funniest part with her extreme machoism and strength of an Eastern Lowland Guerrilla. Everytime Momoka does something bad there is a consequence and then the show ends with a big payoff for Urara after being abused the whole time.

I loved this show when I watched it six years ago and it is one of the most memorable anime I've ever seen. There are so many parts that are burnt into my memory. The episode where Urara breaks the toilet flusher after taking a sh!t is so hilarious on many levels. The shoot out with Platy and the crab has to be my favorite moment in the show though. You will never forget so many moments from this show because of how insane it is. I love that this series has the guts to do everything it does.

There are some meh skits, and almost half of an episode is wasted on an advertisement to recruit more hunters in Japan. That was shady and they didn't even make the scene funny. The Predator parody bit was also a bit too silly, even for this show. But a few meh bits don't ruin the many amazing parts in this show.

Rumi Ookubo was so great as Urara, she made her sound cute and then she would snap into the most deep and guttural sounds. Ayaka Ohashi was also excellent as Momoka. She also sings the decent OP, "YES!!". I just love seeing characters like this be so wicked and crazy. It's such a great chance of pace from normal school anime. Sabagebu! is such a great series and watching it again was just a reminder of that. This is a gem that truly stands out.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:05:34 AM by Manimal »

Offline evand498

• wedktommorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: May 17, 2021, 12:08:00 AM »
The story follows Eijun Sawamura, a pitcher who joins an elite school with a brilliant catcher named Kazuya Miyuki. Together with the rest of the team, they strive for Japan's storied Koushien championships through hard work and determination.

Diamond no Ace

It really pumps me up the adrenaline of sports even when it is adapted in animation. I got into maybe somewhat more in a quarter and it really hypes me up. I really like the writing between the characters in every situation. I'm actually planning to read the whole manga and analyze it. I really would want to watch the anime but I have whole  study list to got through.
Like rowing a boat, we enter the future backwards. All we see are the scenes of the past, and no one cannot see the views of tomorrow

Offline Manimal

• Bama Lama Bama Loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: May 22, 2021, 11:21:26 PM »
Super Cub Episodes 6 & 7 

I totally loved episode 6. It was really great. What I really like about this show is the friendship with Koguma and Reiko and how Koguma has been changing. Reiko inspires her to be a bit of a troublemaker. I loved the scene where they ride on Koguma's bike. They sneak away and do something Koguma was directly told not to do on their class trip. This youthful disregard of the rules to have fun with your friend is a really realistic moment. Just like Reiko's grunts in reply to Koguma's morning greetings.

Episode 7 shows that they are an awkward and weirdo duo among their class. The new character Shii makes it obvious that these two are not average people. The way they talk to Shii is weird, Koguma basically tries to discourage her from riding a motorbike. I like seeing how Reiko has been influencing her, this is a very interesting dynamic to me that I haven't really seen in other anime. It's certainly my favorite part of the show along with the wholesome moments of Koguma enjoying her life by enjoying the small things.

There was one scene in episode 7 that took me out of things. I understand this whole thing is meant to advertise Hondas but it goes from relatively normal dialogue to a full on commercial in one scene. A teacher mentions that she wants to driver her Grandpa's old Cub so Koguma and Reiko tell her she needs to buy a new one because an old one is too risky, basically. That was just too blatant for me. 

Nagatoro Episodes 6 & 7

When I started both of these episodes I was wondering why I was still watching a show that is so mediocre and painfully unable to evoke any strong opinions. Episode 6 has a super dry and boring Isekai scene that is a long set-up of literally nothing interesting just to have Nagatoro in a cute demon girl outfit. Just when I want to turn the episode off it gives me something though with a sort of okay dynamic between Nagatoro and the guy. In episode 7 he gets slightly bolder. I like that their connection is growing episode to episode.

I don't like how cartoony the art is, especially with Nagatoro's noodle arms and the weird Sonic leg running that four characters do in episode 7. If this show didn't sprinkle in a few decent moments I would've dropped it after episode 2 or 3. But somehow it is able to deliver atleast something.

Offline Walt

• View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: May 23, 2021, 06:39:31 AM »
Jujutsu Kaisen.

Pretty good series. Creative fights and cool animation. They always seem to be running during the fight scenes.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 02, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »
Jujustu Kaisen was certainly fun to watch XD Now that you mention it, the action was like that, wasn't it... I thought the animations in weapon fights were neat.

One thing I still feel uncertain about is how the characters reacted when they reunited with Itadori. Still figuring that out.

A series I've been watching recently is Mars Red. Vampires in Japan 1920s. For the first episode, I thought it had a bit of a slow start, but by the end of it, I was glad I picked it up XD You can see how timely the pacing is and how it sets the mood. It plot from there on doesn't drag, plus I really like how they showed the fast-moving actions of vampires.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 15, 2021, 01:03:43 PM »
Finally sat down and finished Jujutsu Kaisen season 1 myself this afternoon. Its a very fun show and I really like the animation. It ALMOST scratches the itch left by Naruto and early Bleach... but only almost, because they are absolutley blazing through whatever semblence of plot there is to the point where it's kinda hurting it... In fact, I think it was the beginning of episode 20 where I had to check my watch history just to make sure that I hadn't accidentally skipped an episode! They had uniquely animated flashbacks with high-quality animations that were not just re-using old footage!? I don't think I've ever seen that in anime before! They used it to skip past half an episode worth of fight scene, which I don't mind, but it meant that they delivered strategy and lessons learned in the form of flashback exposition dialogue, which felt weird. Anyways, now that they have been given their rankings I'm hoping the show will pick up into a cool monster of the week type show with a grand overarching plot that comes more into focus.

Don't know what I'll pick up next, but I now definitely know that I'm going to find a series that is complete. Really can't stand waiting for airing anime or new seasons to release to get the full story.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 17, 2021, 04:05:54 PM »
My fiance and I are watching back through some classics. We've watched all of OG Naruto and are in Shippuden somewhere early, and we're also watching Bleach. We recently also watched Highschool DxD and Monster Musume together. Also on our list are things like Gundam Wing and Trigun and a few others. I loved watching Black Lagoon and Hellsing with them. We're mostly through Ultimate but our streaming service (Hulu) currently doesn't have the dub of a lot, and between my aversion to high pitched Japanese female voices (it feels like cleaning my ears out with steel wool) and my fiance's need to work on something while watching anime, we can't do subtitles usually...it's rough.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Manimal

• Bama Lama Bama Loo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: Today at 06:54:52 AM »
Seitokai no Ichizon

This series is pathetic. It charades as a parody, almost like an excuse to pass off all it's cliches as a joke. It's idea of satire is to make random Family Guy type references to things. Anything interesting about this show was lost after the first few episodes and it was a slog to get through. Even though it was only 12 episodes it took me weeks to watch it all. The last ones are so painful because it gets serious. But there is no sense of investment in the characters because they are all tropes. There is no human aspect to any of them.

I started this show 7-8 years ago and always meant to get back to it. When I watched it again there was a sense of sentiment over the opening song "Treasure", which is pretty good, and the fact that it's a show from 2009. But all that charm fades away. The interactions are fast paced in this show and it makes for a few entertaining scenes. It would of been better if it actually tried to be a parody that was...oh I don't know...funny. There is no reason to watch this series, it's a relic of the past that has no value anymore. 

I don't often write such negative thoughts on anime series, because I usually don't finish the bad ones. But for some reason I watched all of this show and in the end I was left feeling I should of spent my time with a better series. 4/10, season 2 will not be watched.