April 17, 2024, 11:00:54 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 342304 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2013, 05:55:24 AM »
Hehe I can understand that honestly. It made it in mine though hehe

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »
I suppose it's the kind of show where all its strength are actually its faults and vice versa. The way it machine guns the story to you with lots of melodrama and little subtlety is at once both exciting and grueling.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
Indeed.

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »
Finished Code Geass. Good ending. I wished, however, that the story was presented with a bit more slowly. The characters were underdeveloped and I didn't care about them as much as I think I probably should have. The characters' moral arguments, too, were usually a bit unclear and contradictory. Other than those objections, I really enjoyed the series and can see why people like it so much, but I wasn't gushing over it like I thought I would be.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
Finished Code Geass. Good ending. I wished, however, that the story was presented with a bit more slowly. The characters were underdeveloped and I didn't care about them as much as I think I probably should have. The characters' moral arguments, too, were usually a bit unclear and contradictory. Other than those objections, I really enjoyed the series and can see why people like it so much, but I wasn't gushing over it like I thought I would be.

I find that there were a few under developed characters, but i liked how some turned out.

Other than that, i felt some characters were far too strong. i did feel certain characters were under developed, but i think that was mostly in R2.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Kaede

« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
i just finished GJ club, im gonna watch the boy who murdered love next
 :dance:

edit: soooo... turns out the video i saw wasn't an anime series, it was a AMV for the song :the boy who murdered love" now i just feel silly :blush:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:59:31 PM by Kaede »

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2013, 12:39:33 AM »
Watching FLCL and, well, it's the best thing ever.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »
Oh dude savour the experience. I loved that show. It meant a lot to me on a personal level, and I liked it so much I had this odd imperative not to let anyone else know about it >.> dunno why the heck i felt like that.

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
I find that there were a few under developed characters, but i liked how some turned out.

Other than that, i felt some characters were far too strong. i did feel certain characters were under developed, but i think that was mostly in R2.
Yeah it was mainly in R2, but still present in the first series. The whole story moved very fast which was both a flaw and a strength. In the end, though, I'd have liked it to slow down

Oh dude savour the experience. I loved that show. It meant a lot to me on a personal level, and I liked it so much I had this odd imperative not to let anyone else know about it >.> dunno why the heck i felt like that.
Consider it savored. I love the use of shoegaze, grunge, etc. as the soundtrack, the robots, the aliens, the middle-school-ish misanthropy of the MC. It makes me super nostalgic, but not painfully so.

I plan to watch several shorter (less than 15 ep) series before watching another long one. Any suggestions?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
Angel Beats... *wipes a tear from his eyes. Gave that one a 10/10

Katanagatari... except every episode is 30+ minutes. gave that one a biased 10 since i like the author.

Baccano! Even my anime hating brother can quote lines from it. Great show 10/10

Ga-Rei Zero: sort of a show on an oasis... common plot, but it's darker and edgier vibe makes it worth a good basic watch. 6 to 7/10

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »
Dude, Angel Beats was great, albeit a little rushed (it would benefit if the series were longer). And Baccano! is freaking amazing.

As for me, I'm going through Inuyasha right now, only because I've never seen it. It's not the greatest anime ever, and is often rife with cliche, but it's still a decent classic if nothing else, with likeable characters.

I had finished Fate/Stay Night not long ago, and that was good, minus the somewhat arbitrary ending, and am also currently watching Toradora! with my fiancee. She's thoroughly enjoying it, which is good because we both had reservations about watching it.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Baccano! was too short for me. I wished it ran longer, but then it wouldn't be the same. Loved the art and soundtrack though.

Inuyasha started me off on manga because everyone else in my class (Ev-er-y-one) knew about it and I didn't.  :sick: I felt so left out. Then I actually mistakened Naruto for Inuyasha  :blush:
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2013, 03:04:42 PM »
I've actually seen Baccano! I liked it. A bit on the unnecessary side with the stylized gore, but, otherwise it was quite good. I kind of wish I had watched the subs, though. Baccano!'s dub is something everyone seems to praise, and the voice acting is great, but the translated scripts for most dubs are usually riddled with glaring redundancies, awkward phrasing, and inauthentic word choice. Baccano! was no exception. I feel like Viz Media needs to get a team of writers to work on making the translated dialogue work.

I'll check out the ones you recommended, Lego. I plan to watch New Fist of the North Star next, though.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Whoa tell me how it goes with that one.

And
Dude, Angel Beats was great, albeit a little rushed (it would benefit if the series were longer). And Baccano! is freaking amazing.

As for me, I'm going through Inuyasha right now, only because I've never seen it. It's not the greatest anime ever, and is often rife with cliche, but it's still a decent classic if nothing else, with likeable characters.

I had finished Fate/Stay Night not long ago, and that was good, minus the somewhat arbitrary ending, and am also currently watching Toradora! with my fiancee. She's thoroughly enjoying it, which is good because we both had reservations about watching it.

Sorry I must ask Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night? Hm, to put it mildly i didn't quite particularly enjoy fate/stay night. "people die when they are killed" and all. I do have the visual novel though, and that's definately more enjoyable *nosebleed

Offline addg22

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
Im watching
Kuroko

Outbreak company

Beyond the boundary

Golden time

My mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy.

Alll of these are great especially golden time! I love drama rofl and comedy.

And of course naruto and one peice
Read my story below tell me what you think! I need pointers !
Example: you need to add more detail in this scence i cant imagine it.! Thanks guys for reading !

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8760.0.html