April 18, 2024, 12:11:15 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: [UnPaid] Need Artist for Underworlders  (Read 4318 times)

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
[UnPaid] Need Artist for Underworlders
« on: March 19, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »
Hey everyone, Konnichiwa,

So during one of the writers workshops last year, I worked on a story called underworlders. I had already had an idea for the story before the workshop, however I wanted it to be a Manga. I ended up backing out of the workshop because 1000 words a day was really hard to do on top of work. So now that I'm a little less obligated due to a job change, and I'm not bound by 1000 words a day, I'd like to turn Underworlders into a Manga.

Here are some details of the story.

The story surrounds a high school boy in Japan who's doing excellent in school. He's a Grade A student and puts school before fun. A perfect example of what every parent wants their kid to be (especially in japan). However one night, after a bit of studying, he falls asleep and in his dreams, he is faced with a nightmare. He goes through a bit of a dream sequence, authough a bit horrifying, when a man dressed as a professor pulls him out into a new world called the dreamworld. In this dream world, or the underworld, your mind rests and collects energy. Another monstor, called underworlders, feasts off these dreams, causing nightmares. Some of these monsters are a lot stronger than a mind can handle, which is where the man who pulled the kid out comes in. He helps fight off these monsters. In most cases, there isn't an issue after, but in some, the victim dies which is what the real cause is of death during sleep.

Later on in the manga, I plan on adding a bigger underworlder who was never seen before who the character will have to face off.

If we plan on pushing this out and money is at all made from this, I will be ok with 50 50 split! But that's if we go that route."

My friend has also agreed to help me translate this to Japanese so we can access that audience as well.

Please let me know if you want to help out. The story can be found in our forums here

Offline Rofelam

• View Profile
Re: [UnPaid] Need Artist for Underworlders
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »
I’d enjoy helping out. I have some stuff posted so you can see whether or not we’d work well together.

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:57:54 PM »
Hey Rofelam,

I thank you for your offer, however I'm only looking for an artist right now. From what I could see in your posts, you too are a writer. I'll take a look, however, into your story. It looks like you're a pretty good writer as well.

Thanks agian!
Phoenix

Offline Rofelam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »
 :blush:I know, the moment I posted that reply I realized my mistake. I was just writing an apology when you replied back.

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
Not a problem mate! all good.

Offline Rofelam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »
Oh, and I should also say thanks for looking at my story. I’m just sad my first interaction with someone on here was such an embarrassment.

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
HaHa, dont worry about it. Tell ya what, I'll I'm you and we can chat there.

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »
Hey guys, I'm still looking for an artist on this project. This is still an unpaid thing, however, I want to put it into serialization or something in the future (one can dream high) so if any money is made from that, money will be divided equally. If you're interested or want to negotiate, hit me up!