March 29, 2024, 02:20:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders  (Read 76399 times)

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
Blank
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2022, 09:48:10 AM »
Blank
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:48:50 PM by Blank »
hiding who's going to coach me now?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2022, 12:05:45 PM »
Gah, yeah... We ordered save the dates and invites yesterday. $300 all told, we didn't even get fancy with it, and that's with a 50% off discount ToT

We also just threw down our phone numbers for people to RSVP instead of mucking around with a wedding website. Fingers crossed we don't lose anyone in the shuffle. I guess it's the one bright side of having a smaller wedding. Shouldn't be too bad to catalog everyone manually.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2022, 03:30:16 PM »
wow considering most weddings go into the thousands, that's a fantastic price. Smaller certainly is a better idea in my opinion, no point starting married life in debt XD
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2022, 09:44:00 PM »
Do you guys know if skillshare is free or does it cost what about the courses is it free I could check but need to decide whether to sign up or not

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2022, 12:51:52 AM »
Skillshare you have to pay monthly for it seems ($30/month or $168/year), but it's free for the first month apparently.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2022, 09:54:03 AM »
Oh, just waiting for spring to start, lol. Went to the plant nursery today. Was quite nice.

On the main though, just slowly counting down the days, dollars, and hours of work before my wedding in September  :ohmy: so much to do...

Wish I was getting married. Seems just about everyone else in my family is married and has kids except me so I feel kind of left out. I have a boyfriend but it seems my bf isn't ready for marriage yet. Besides as my best friend says marriage is a huge commitment and you have to consider the others feelings. However she isn't married herself yet, though she kind of has a point. Also part of me really feels I should be focusing on advancing my career. Though I'm making enough money at my current job to afford a small apartment for myself which I'm happy about at the same time working in fast food isn't exactly my dream job. However at the same time I would really like to have kids someday and my boyfriend and I aren't getting any younger and I worry if we don't hurry we will soon be too old to have kids. But then again kids are a huge responsibility and my bf and I are both just learning to be more responsible so for now we aren't really ready for the responsibility of a kid. Still (and this is going to sound really weird) my bf and I both had a dream in which we were married and had a kid and I really want that dream to come true.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2022, 12:12:44 PM »
Well Indigo, I'd say you're getting some good advice. To give you a little context, by the time of the wedding this fall, I'll be 31. I didn't meet my fiance until I was 27. And we dated for 2+ years before I knew for sure that she was the one.

Working on yourself before getting married is a great thing to do. I didn't seriously start dating until I was happy with myself as a person. You don't have to go to that length, but you need to at least understand who you are as a singular person. You need that solid base to build from. There's a reason that most divorces take place between people who married too young. You can't be a competent husband or wife if you weren't a complete human being to begin in (by which I mean, fully self actualized).

So take your time, feel it out. Remember that you're probably going to be fine child-bearing-wise until your mid-30s at least (family history will inform this). And that even if you move past that, adoption is a great thing to do and doesn't lessen the connection you have with your child.

Life is long, so don't feel like you have to cram it all in while you're still young.

Offline sketch survival

• I'm Recovering
  • Alignment
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2022, 09:51:26 PM »
Skillshare you have to pay monthly for it seems ($30/month or $168/year), but it's free for the first month apparently.
better study from youtube and library it's like my clock is ticking

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2022, 12:58:39 PM »
I know that I have been very silent for QUUIITE some time, but I'm still alive =^,^=
And I'm still writing =^,^=
I hope that everyone of you are doing fine too =^,^=

:ohmy:
I am a somebody, that ain´t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2022, 04:04:35 PM »
good to see you around!
ahhhh, keeping the writing going, that's awesome :D

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »
Glad to see you still kicking Midsummer!

Time gets away from us for sure. It seems so long ago now that we saw each other in London. How have you been? Is the writing going well?

Offline midsummer_feast

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »
Glad to see that you still are here, Coryn =^,^=

agree, it was quite some time since we saw each other there, and the rest of the group... Maybe I should start thinking about going there again...

I have been kinda good... starting to get withrawl symtoms after not being able to visit either Sweden Rock or Japan for the last year... =TT,TT=
But hopefully so will there be a change to that now...

How 'bout you?..

The writing is going kinda well.. or as well it can go for being away from home about 10-12 hours for work  :tongue:

Is the writing going well for you too?..   :biggrin:¨

my work:

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2022, 12:08:41 PM »
The writing goes, but not at the pace I would like, haha.

Life is different now though. I'm engaged, I live with my fiance, I go to the gym on the regular (instead of just the home workouts I had been doing). So finding writing time is a lot harder than it used to be. I will persevere though!

Ah, I do look forward to international travel again though. We're going to Spain for the honeymoon, although who knows when exactly that will be. I'm still yet to go to Japan (COVID definitely put the grand travels scheme on hold), but one of these days I will!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2022, 05:19:15 AM »
gah I've still got Japan on the agenda myself, was planning to go but covid got in the way for me as well.

Offline midsummer_feast

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2022, 01:50:23 PM »
The writing goes, but not at the pace I would like, haha.

Life is different now though. I'm engaged, I live with my fiance, I go to the gym on the regular (instead of just the home workouts I had been doing). So finding writing time is a lot harder than it used to be. I will persevere though!

Ah, I do look forward to international travel again though. We're going to Spain for the honeymoon, although who knows when exactly that will be. I'm still yet to go to Japan (COVID definitely put the grand travels scheme on hold), but one of these days I will!

I get a feeling that writing rarely goes in the pace it should go... But, I think we all can blame it on life... =~,~;=

congrats on the engagement, man  :biggrin:

I can agree with you... looking forward to it... going somewhere again... somewhere that is fun to visit...
but at the very least, so is it talk about that Sweden Rock Festival should happen this year... Looking forward to it ~

gah I've still got Japan on the agenda myself, was planning to go but covid got in the way for me as well.
That sucks  :(
hopes that you get the chance to go there soon  :biggrin:

my work: